Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 ... LastLast
    Player
    Character
    Coatl Days
    World
    Leviathan
    Main Class
    Gladiator Lv 90
    Why did everyone follow the baddie tank? To me, the tank was in the wrong but so were the people following them along.
    (10)

Player
    Character
    Saseal Korei
    World
    Coeurl
    Main Class
    Astrologian Lv 70
    Quote Originally Posted by Ellatrix View Post
    I skipped cutscenes in there my first time, because I'm not so self-centered that wasting the time of 7 other people is somehow ok just so I can watch a cs that can be easily rewatched later after the run in the inn.

Seriously, get over yourself, and either choose to skip the cs or miss out on the fight. It was stupid of SE to put so many cutscenes inside a dungeon, but that doesn't mean your time is somehow more valuable than the rest of the party.
    I agree that putting cutscenes in the middle of the fight was a bad move; but adversely, the players telling the newbies to skip or just leaving them behind are just as self-centered. Is their time more important than the newbie's? Is the newbie's time more important than the vets? It goes both ways. In the end it's just courtesy not to ditch. The game was intended to have cutscenes relevant to the current happenings and things going on - so I wouldn't post blame on anyone wanting to take full enjoyment of them. So are the rouletting people's time worth more than the newbie's? No, not so much. What makes their time so much more special? Because they run it a lot? That's something the roulette runners should already go into expecting - they should know better. A newbie isn't going to know any better at first sudden cutscene. And then suddenly they're left behind and/or screamed at. Terrible.

Watching in the inn is like watching bits and pieces of a brand new movie that you've never seen. You might be able to put two and two together from memory and some scenery context, but it's meh. It's not the same.

People just have no friggin patience or empathy for their fellows.
    (16)
    Last edited by Saseal; 01-06-2015 at 07:06 AM.

Player

Quote Originally Posted by Aurora-Pendragon View Post
    I usualy wait for everyone in Praetorium/Castrum. New people get lost easily. If people want to watch their cutscenes, there's nothing I can do about it so I wait as well. I don't understand people yelling at first timers. It's not their fault if everyone in their group have run prae/castrum hundreds of times already. They know nothing about end game roulettes and codes.
    Glad you're on my server, Ghanima -- good to have nice people around ^_^v
    (4)

Player
    Character
    Ramo Dan
    World
    Brynhildr
    Main Class
    Arcanist Lv 80
    When I was doing CM for the first time I was curious to check the cutscenes in the middle of the run and then found myself alone lol. I had to skip the rest to catch up with the party.

In other situations I had runs with players who were kind enough to wait and check ready regularly.
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Ganth Fyrion
    World
    Leviathan
    Main Class
    Red Mage Lv 80
    The tank was an ass not to stick to the agreed-upon conditions that were made prior to the run. I'd be less inclined to invite that tank along for feature endeavors.

It is rare, but it does happen, where the party (even in DF) will wait for those in a cut scene. Though I do agree that CM does have a lot of pointless cutscenes. Do I really need the cutscene of my character glancing back over my shoulder to see the search light go out? No, not really.

My FC allows newcomers to a raid/dungeon/trial to watch the cutscene if they so choose. During that time, those of us whom have already watched the cutscene will be jumping and messing around and acting silly while we wait.
    (1)
    I LIKE the fence. I get 2 groups to laugh at then.

Character
    Coraline Priduex
    World
    Gilgamesh
    Main Class
    Archer Lv 80
    Are you serious, this is the millionth thread discussing a praetorium/Castrum speed run that "disrespected" new players. What do you hope to achieve writing another one here, if you're sick of the community why didn't you speak up to them, unless you speak your piece you're never going to get your way, whether it's reality or an in game community. No one is going to cater to everyone unless they have some serious free time. Those people who asked if they were new were people probably working on their relic, which is a time consuming grind that takes one of two things, (1) patience OR (2) the determination to speed through it as fast as possible. If it was discussed to be a slow run from the start, then the point wasn't stressed enough, and if this went on to the end of the dungeon, no one spoke up enough.
    (1)

Player
    Character
    Kaane Moka
    World
    Behemoth
    Main Class
    Arcanist Lv 60
    First thing I will do with the tank, if he is actual an FC member, is to kick him out of the FC if I have the privilege. That tank is just an ass and deserves a shinny boot up his ass..I am sorry to hear about your experience. A DF group is understandable if people want to skip the CS. A premade group and already agree upon entering, not to skil the CS, yet the tank still doing so. IMBECILE!!!
    (1)

Character
    Tiggy Te'al
    World
    Balmung
    Main Class
    Marauder Lv 53
    Quote Originally Posted by GalaxyGirl View Post
    Are you serious, this is the millionth thread discussing a praetorium/Castrum speed run that "disrespected" new players. What do you hope to achieve writing another one here...snip.
    Why don't you seriously try reading the OPs post in full instead of making assumptions about what he said. It wasn't a random roulette. It was a group formed for the sole purpose to let that player see the cutscenes. Granted this thread wont accomplish anything, but it irks me that you clearly didn't read what was going on. When you make a group to do a specific thing you do it as agreed upon. Every reason you listed in null and void in the face of a premade purpose made group.
    (11)

Player
    Character
    Lunaa Moon
    World
    Zodiark
    Main Class
    Astrologian Lv 70
    You need new FC mates
    (2)

Character
    Coraline Priduex
    World
    Gilgamesh
    Main Class
    Archer Lv 80
    Quote Originally Posted by Tiggy View Post
    Why don't you seriously try reading the OPs post in full instead of making assumptions about what he said. It wasn't a random roulette.
    Did you read mine, nowhere did I assume this was a roulette or duty finder run. The people the OP recruited were interested in soldiery, OP also says that the FC mates agreed to not skip mobs and let the new player watch cutscenes. Never did he say that the they had to wait to pull bosses because the new player was in a cutscene, as far as I can read nothing was broken, only that the tank pulled bosses/mobs while new player was watching CS. Before you accuse someone of not reading something maybe you should calm down and not attack people. That new player was allowed to watch cutscenes, he wasn't forced to skip, you can't press the skip cutscene action on someone else's game. That group did everything that was agreed upon with the facts that were given. That premade group did nothing wrong, the new player did for not making absolutely clear what he wanted, and also not speaking up enough to that tank and the group, the OP also didn't defend the new player enough. People are so quick to judge an overall community because they can't take actions for themselves.

Quote Originally Posted by BreathlessTao View Post
    we discuss and agree to not skipping mobs, and not skipping cutscenes so as the new guy can actually enjoy them as intended. Well, what do you know, tank just goes ahead, pulls mobs, and even starts most boss fights, forcing the new guy to be locked out or skip cutscenes. When called out, for the nth time for it? "oh come on when i made this 1st tiem u think they wait for me ^^?".

Calling them out for the 9th time is not defending new player, taking action and telling them to stop, asking, anything, that tank didn't sound like he was against reason or listening. It Just didn't sound like you tried hard enough. I wish you had a screenshot OP of chat so we can see both sides.
    (1)
    Last edited by GalaxyGirl; 01-06-2015 at 07:23 AM.

Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 ... LastLast