Player
    Character
    Vivaea Zhan
    World
    Cerberus
    Main Class
    Gladiator Lv 50

2.5 new gear speculation

Yoshi P has mentioned that 2.5, due for release in mid to late January, will include 'new gear for gatherers and crafters'. Our rings are definitely due for an update, and I'm wondering if perhaps they'll introduce an artisan body for use across all crafts. Perhaps some other accessories will be updated too, I'm thinking no new offhands though as they just came in. Don't think they'll upgrade our main tool till heavensward either, but I could be wrong. Thoughts?
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Darkmoon Vael
    World
    Cerberus
    Main Class
    Astrologian Lv 60
    I think you are right with body being upgraded in 2.5, wether this is through crafting it yourself or gained In the same manner as the artisan glasses is another thing (i remember it being suggested in one of the fan fest events that ther would be something in 2.5 to help all those who joined in april with the ps4 release catch up to those of us who have been playing for longer). Ther could potentially be a 5 ilvl increase in main hand possibly, they have made obtaining the master demis easier for an entire patch, so potential increase in main hand is a possibility (maybe a slight one). I suppose it will all come down to wether the new recipes in 2.5 require higher craft/cont thresholds to start them, i doubt they will, but if they did it would require some ilvl increases in the crafting gear we have .
    (0)

Character
    Theodulus Deodoros
    World
    Balmung
    Main Class
    Gladiator Lv 50
    Quote Originally Posted by Vivaea View Post
    Yoshi P has mentioned that 2.5, due for release in mid to late January, will include 'new gear for gatherers and crafters'. Our rings are definitely due for an update, and I'm wondering if perhaps they'll introduce an artisan body for use across all crafts. Perhaps some other accessories will be updated too, I'm thinking no new offhands though as they just came in. Don't think they'll upgrade our main tool till heavensward either, but I could be wrong. Thoughts?
    Body probably, but I don't see the rings being upgraded any time soon. Not unless they go through and give more upgrades to the new i55 accessories as well, which I also really doubt they're going to do.
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Esprit Libre
    World
    Mateus
    Main Class
    Dancer Lv 90
    Artisan's body 100% sure. Most likely new i80 main hands as well. They already introduced one of them with the i80 fishing rod, and since the message said new crafting AND gathering gear, and we already have fully upgraded gathering gear, the only thing left is an i80 mainhand for miner and botanist to go with the i80 mainhand we got early for fisher.

New rings to replace the really, really old Aetheryte Ring (only non-green/blue gear left that's BiS for DoH/DoL) would be a nice addition that isn't totally out of the question, either. Yoshi-P has said he wants to ease up on crafting for newer crafters, and the best way to give crafters a break is give them more CP to play with.
    (1)

5. 01-03-2015 03:12 AM

Character
    Baron Eduardo
    World
    Goblin
    Main Class
    Marauder Lv 70
    I just hope they do NOT troll us and release new Lv70 class-specific hands/legs/shoes that would make the cross-class Artisan/Forager gear obsolete.

Artisan body would be nice, not sure we`re getting anything more than that.
    (2)

Player
    Character
    Pterois Volitans
    World
    Excalibur
    Main Class
    Gladiator Lv 60
    i did hear yoshi dropped a bomb recently that was obtaining doh/dol gear from tombs and since i haven't seen the i80 fishing rod till someone mention it in this thread i would say that i80 main hands must be close. With that being said i would venture to say that the new artisans chest (or equivalent, probably IW) will actually be obtained either through poe tombs or a new tome introduced specifically for doh/dol gear. Start saving!
    (0)
    "Try not. Do or do not. There is no try."

Player
    Character
    Jean Case
    World
    Zalera
    Main Class
    Alchemist Lv 50
    Pure speculation alert!
    The gathering gear set is pretty much complete, and indeed surplus to current needs (except maybe for fisher). What kind of gear exist for both DOL and DOH? Could it be new replacements for Supras? The original supras, after all, were a hug investment of time (and gil and mats) for fairly small stat gains. Perhaps we will get new main-hands that require the supras in some way? In any case, aetheryte ring is long overdue for replacement...
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Chida Rake
    World
    Omega
    Main Class
    Thaumaturge Lv 80
    rings, wrist and body are what will probs be upgraded for crafters.

I don't expect a main hand tool for them but maybe they will do an ironworks tool set but really after all the work people put in getting the current supras they should continue to build on those rather than just annoy everyone.

gatherers will probs be new tools alone considering there gear is now pretty even, plus unless they add new nodes again they already have stats that are above what is needed to gather anything in game.

plus anyway there's really no need for new higher level gear now before the expansion as they have already said they plan to ease of on top tier crafting recipes in favour for a more balanced bunch for all level of crafters to tackle.

that being said good chance we will see the i110 crafted jewellery.
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Empty Handed
    World
    Ragnarok
    Main Class
    Leatherworker Lv 60
    gsm is coming back next patch for sure with the i110 accessories. i feel alchemist needs a boost in being relevant in the game for 4 stars.

expectation and wishful thinking:

- new pots. poison/dex/str/mind/...etc X2-Pot of Dexterity. ((Can I Have It?)) lol
    - new crafted primal weapons. Levi, Shiva, Ramuh. i115
    - new crafting rings.

some of the recipes will use new Demimateria IVs

3x Demimateria III Battle.
    1x Demimateria IV Battle.
    (1)

Character
    Baron Eduardo
    World
    Goblin
    Main Class
    Marauder Lv 70
    Yeah we are definitely getting new GSM-made ilv110 accessories for DoW/DoM.
    It's gonna be really hard to hit the VIT/STR/... caps on the accessories using grade IV or lower materia though.

BSM / CRP / ALC are probably getting new recipes for weapons... They hardly had any worthy recipe with the Master Book II on patch 2.4, while LTW and WVR get like over 20 recipes each!

Item level 115 for weapons seems low since you can already have that from Shiva anyway, with very little effort and guaranteed drops for the upgrade...

I hope we get recipes for level 120 (or 125) weapons, using materials dropped on the new CT (World of Darkness).
    This would make crafted weapons relevant for a while, specially for alt-classes/jobs, and also would make sense since the new CT gear is probably gonna be ilv 120 anyway.

Last time crafted weapons were any relevant was during patch 2.0 and maybe 2.1...
    Having them at level 115 or any lower imo means wasting development resources, just like it was with the lv95 primal weapons.
    (0)
    Last edited by aerolol; 01-04-2015 at 05:03 PM.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast