Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    Character
    Theodulus Deodoros
    World
    Balmung
    Main Class
    Gladiator Lv 50

Please change the cost of materials with Ixali Oaknots.

I don't like how uneven the prices for materials are vs. the amount of oaknots you get every day.
    You can get a maximum of 6 oaknots per day, right?
    So can we have the prices of things reflect that?
    Here's what I propose:

i70 materials - 3 per Oaknot, a half-a-day's worth of dailies for one i70 item, with none left over, as opposed to the current price of 2 per oaknot, requiring five for one item and leaving you with one extra material. This makes it nice and even.

Xelphatol Spring Water - one per 2 Oaknots. 3 per day max, and fits evenly in the daily possible allotment of oaknots.

i90 mats and Ehcatl Sealants - One per 6 oaknots, or one i90 material/sealant for one day's worth of work, instead of making you spend an awkward amount of oaknots. With Ehcatl sealants, you have to save up for four days to be able to spend all your oaknots on the sealants you want without having any left over. With i90 materials, you have to save up a whole week.

With these numbers, we'd have a reasonable nerf that also functions to even out the number of oaknots we spend. A day of dailies for 2 i70 items, or 3 Xelphatol Waters, or 1 i90 material/Sealant. This is opposed to the slightly more numerically ridiculous system of a day of dailies for 1 i70 item with 1 material and one oaknot left over, or one Xelphatol Water and two oaknots leftover, or about a day and a half of dailies for one sealant/i90 material.
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Alkaid Gainsborough
    World
    Spriggan
    Main Class
    Conjurer Lv 80
    I'd prefer getting oaknuts from other beast tribe quests.

I still need to max out two of my beast tribes but the sealants are a must for crafters at the moment.

Reducing the cost of sealants would be a welcome. takes 8 days to get enough to craft an i70 tool.
    (1)

Player
    Character
    Zealotius Arkimedes
    World
    Gungnir
    Main Class
    Conjurer Lv 50
    If this doesn't happen in 2.5, those who farmed Ehcatl Sealants and got all their tools, will be making millions in pure profit.
    (0)

Character
    Theodulus Deodoros
    World
    Balmung
    Main Class
    Gladiator Lv 50
    Quote Originally Posted by NationOfZealots View Post
    If this doesn't happen in 2.5, those who farmed Ehcatl Sealants and got all their tools, will be making millions in pure profit.
    I dunno what that really has to do with anything or why that sounds like a copy/paste from a bitcoin forum, but, alright.
    (1)

Player
    Character
    Veronica Venom
    World
    Siren
    Main Class
    Archer Lv 90
    There will be two sides to this. (1) What? I spent millions on ehcatl sealant and now it only costs 4 knots vs 8 each? (2) Thank goodness I don't have to run BT's for days to get enough sealant to take a shot at an HQ tool/forager's clothing/artisan clothing and have it blow up in my face and get LQ with a 92% chance of success.
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Lineage Razor
    World
    Gilgamesh
    Main Class
    Goldsmith Lv 90
    I want them to add a highly-needed crafting ingredient available only once you have completed the quests for all beast tribes.

I don't say this because I think it's actually a good idea and something that they should do, but rather because I HAVE completed all the quests for all the beast tribes and therefore would make out like a frikkin' bandit if they were to actually do this. :3
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Lemuel Baruch
    World
    Behemoth
    Main Class
    Thaumaturge Lv 86
    Quote Originally Posted by firstsin View Post
    I'd prefer getting oaknuts from other beast tribe quests.

I still need to max out two of my beast tribes but the sealants are a must for crafters at the moment.

Reducing the cost of sealants would be a welcome. takes 8 days to get enough to craft an i70 tool.
    This would be great. theres still other beast tribes id like to do but im trapped under this one beast tribe for months. Terrible design. I loved how they added crafting to beast tribes, I dont mind at all that crafters need an item from dailys, but to keep me trapped under one beast tribe kinda stinks...
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Misenklauph Drakkfhur
    World
    Ultros
    Main Class
    Marauder Lv 60
    Quote Originally Posted by EricCartmenez View Post
    There will be two sides to this. (1) What? I spent millions on ehcatl sealant and now it only costs 4 knots vs 8 each? (2) Thank goodness I don't have to run BT's for days to get enough sealant to take a shot at an HQ tool/forager's clothing/artisan clothing and have it blow up in my face and get LQ with a 92% chance of success.
    I NQ'd my Foragers Wristguards @ ~99% last week, and waited four days to get my Ehcatl Sealtant to try again. This is what you are referring to?

Eh, I don't really care either way. I'm sure it'll get nerfed, but those of us who are in before the nerf will end up getting the new stuff faster as well, ideally corner our markets there, and then right before the new market gets nerfed we'll be doing the same thing.

Side note, New crafting gear in 2.5. IT'S HAPPENING o__0';
    (0)

http://na.finalfantasyxiv.com/lodestone/character/2237443/]
    Quote Originally Posted by Noni View Post
    I wish more tanks were like you also.
    http://xivreborn.com/gen/Misenklauph_Drakkfhur_Ultros_Classes.jpg

Player
    Character
    Jagged Phoenix
    World
    Coeurl
    Main Class
    Goldsmith Lv 50
    So you can get 42 oaknots a week. Think of that as 450 poetics. 450 poetics gets you 0-1 peice of gear a week. 42 oaknots gets you the same, why would they change it when unlike poetics, you can also buy sealants.
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Jain Farstrider
    World
    Leviathan
    Main Class
    Marauder Lv 90
    Before I stopped gathering sealant for myself, I figured they should change the other daily beast tribe quests to give an ixali oaknot equivalent. The reward for finishing other beast tribe questlines is incomparable to the ixali one.

Other beast tribe questlines... by the time you finish it, you have to pay THEM 125k for the reward. With the Ixal, you get rewarded with 250k(depending on server). Why ever do the other ones?
    (0)

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast