Player
    Character
    Fran Seara
    World
    Ultros
    Main Class
    Thaumaturge Lv 60
    Quote Originally Posted by Chihaya View Post
    Perhaps, but you know it doesn't take half of that 5min limit to beat nearly all alex maps.
    On "THIS" map, the one we're talking about. I found that leaving or moving too far away will reset the Boss and reset the map and may/will cost you your hard earned map. This map can be a handfull if you're never gotten it before, just like the bomb map. Both in my eyes are TROLL maps, meant to "steal" away your chance at a alex. Being overgeared (item level 100-110) for both the Bisclops and Bombs map(s) seems to clear up any or most problems you may be having. This has been my experience.
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Lucke Arrayo
    World
    Hyperion
    Main Class
    Gunbreaker Lv 80
    Sometimes, if I'm not feeling too confident, I'll conscript a friendo to help. With 2 players they're all trivial. I have beaten one (can't remember the one) with I kid you not, 5 seconds left on the timer lol. Since then I try to recruit a friendo just in case.
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Syanonn Rias
    World
    Balmung
    Main Class
    Paladin Lv 80
    Quote Originally Posted by Lucke View Post
    Sometimes, if I'm not feeling too confident, I'll conscript a friendo to help. With 2 players they're all trivial. I have beaten one (can't remember the one) with I kid you not, 5 seconds left on the timer lol. Since then I try to recruit a friendo just in case.
    Exactly, though all the maps are soloable, if you aren't confident, just bring a friend as I mentioned on the first page. They can even get nexus light and some gil out of it.

Quote Originally Posted by FranSeara View Post
    On "THIS" map, the one we're talking about. I found that leaving or moving too far away will reset the Boss and reset the map and may/will cost you your hard earned map. This map can be a handfull if you're never gotten it before, just like the bomb map. Both in my eyes are TROLL maps, meant to "steal" away your chance at a alex. Being overgeared (item level 100-110) for both the Bisclops and Bombs map(s) seems to clear up any or most problems you may be having. This has been my experience.
    I think inexperience with the mechanics plays a bigger role than anything on these 2 fights.
    Being i100+ these days isn't exactly hard anymore with soldiery/allied seals/poetic.
    I been pretty much soloing these maps since atma/animus came out where 2nd coil was still locked and soldiery was capped with no allied seals yet - though I'd admit was mostly on SCH back then. I spent my soldiery on tank so my SCH was in mostly i90 stuff. Though, I don't see problem for DPS as long they have invigorate, tanks may need str accessories to dps down adds in time.

Understanding the fight make stuff alot easier.
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Winter Sandman
    World
    Hyperion
    Main Class
    Paladin Lv 70
    I solo'd two of these as SMN (i95) last night. Was challenging yes but can be done easily. Titan on Cyclops, then choco in healer mode (who dies anyways), dot up Titan until Puks, Then Dot up Puk's use Bane, then run in miasma II, watch puk's die as you Physicks yourself. Titan continues to beat on Cyclops which by the time the Puk's are dead you can re-dot him up then more Puk's rinse and repeat. Don't have to worry about his AoE's if you stay at of range and if you can time it right you can use Bane off of the Cyclops dots to hit the Puks.

Oh to make it better I had 4:30 left on the timer.
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Aisu Strong
    World
    Ultros
    Main Class
    Marauder Lv 60
    Quote Originally Posted by Kaiser-Ace View Post
    Oh sorry, thought it was the FATE books. But yea, that's the one I was talking about. Still though, if this boss is any thing ike the one in Courthas, it has to be WAAAAAY over powered for what it's being faced by. Cause if 30 lvl synched 50s have trouble with the FATE, then I can't immagen what having only 7 others to fight this one would be like.
    i love that fight
    really all you need is a tank (that can actually dodge the 1shot and grab the adds) and a healer
    entirely doable with just 2 players
    (0)

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4