Player
    Character
    Lienn Deleene
    World
    Gungnir
    Main Class
    Alchemist Lv 50

Teleport animation bug

Teleport animation is randomly generating tremendous framerate drop. But only the "trigger" and the "teleport" ones..the spawn animation is working normally.

Platform: PC
    ISP: BrTurbo
    Type of Internet Connection: ADSL
    Internet Connection Speed: 2MB
    Date & Time: 08/16/2011 1AM
    Frequency: rare
    Character Name: Lienn Deleene
    Race: Miqo'te SoS F
    World: Istory
    Class/Skill Rank: ARC 38
    Physical Level: 50
    Area and Coordinates: Cedarwood, Iron Lake and Cassiopeia Hollow
    Party or Solo: Party
    NPC Name: -
    Monster Name: -
    In-Game Time: -
    Steps:
    1: Use a teleport option. Can be return, teleport via teleport option or teleport from atherial gate or node.
    2: Occasionally the period while the teleport effect animation is running will cause tremendous frame rate drop. Rebooting the game fix this issue tho so it might be some loading problem triggered by something.
    (1)

Hello,

Thank you for bringing this to our attention. We would like to know if anyone else has been experiencing this issue as well? You may want to try contacting our support center first to see if any suggestions can be provided to help resolve this framerate issue. You can contact FINAL FANTASY XI Support Center at: http://support.na.square-enix.com/ > FINAL FANTASY XIV > Contact > Get Support.
    Support Center is open Monday through Friday between 9:00am to 6:00pm PST but you may send an email at anytime.

If you have confirmed that this is more than a technical issue, we will be glad to escalate it to development once troubleshooting has been executed. Thank you for bringing this to our attention and we do apologize for any inconvenience that this must be causing.

Thank you!
    SQUARE ENIX Moderator
    (0)
    Last edited by Ashvrei; 08-16-2011 at 03:58 PM.

Player

This happens to me pretty often also but not so much of an issue when I am using return/teleport function but rather when many others around me are. It pretty much always happens when those trains of RMT Lalafells teleport away from the Adventure's Guild in-sync while I am nearby. My screen feels like it nearly freezes for a full second at times when this occurs.

At no other times do I have any frame rate issues while playing at my current settings.
    My guess would be that showing multiple teleport animations at the same time can be very intensive on the computer to show. It feels like it just lags when those lalafell teleport away so I always find myself running away from them if I can. >_<
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Lienn Deleene
    World
    Gungnir
    Main Class
    Alchemist Lv 50
    But the thing is that i get teleport animation going perfectly most of time...and then from nothing it just become extremely "heavy", causing frame rate to drop only during its animation even i'm i'm completely alone. This is why i'm reporting...i have like no lag ingame at all but this teleport keep doing this since 1.18 if not mistaken...its ike something was triggering loading issues to the animation...i say loading because just closing the game and starting it again is enough for it to get fixed. But not a problem in waiting to see if someone else is having this problem too.
    (1)

Player
    Character
    Lienn Deleene
    World
    Gungnir
    Main Class
    Alchemist Lv 50
    A follow-up regarding this. It seems to be connected somehow to doing fieldcraft leves in multiple areas in a row...now that i'm doing only fieldcraft leves i'm having this happening much more often.

And this frame rate down, when it happens, is also affecting cutscenes (like ferry one) as well. And only closing the game and restarting it is fixing this.
    (1)

Player
    Character
    Renshi Hyatsuki
    World
    Phoenix
    Main Class
    Marauder Lv 70
    I can say it happens to me when I play the game with pretty high settings.
    Posting my important specs for the win:

Mobility Radeon HD4850 512MB GDDR5
    Intel i7 960 Quad-core 2.80GHz
    8GB DDR3 RAM

With these specs, when I run the game with:
    • Display Mode: Windowed
    • Window Size: 1920x1080
    • No AA
    • General Drawing Quality: 8 (Standard)
    • Background Drawing Quality: 5 (High)
    • Shadow Detail: Highest
    • Texture Quality: High
    • Texture Filtering: Standard
    • Ambient Occlusion: OFF
    • Depth of Field: OFF
    the game runs pretty fine, no stutters or whatsoever (still some stuttering while walking in the bushes), but in two cases, which are:
    • Setting Window Size to 2560x1440
    • Setting Antialiasing to 4x MSAA
    anytime when someone:
    • Teleports (Initiation and Finalization)
    • Use Food (the animation of the status Well Fed)
    • Pays for the Workshop support
    the game will incredibly stutter going to 2-4FPS until the animations are done, then it goes back to normal.

It has to do something with graphic settings being high reaching a certain condition, but you guys know better than me on these things, so I'll leave it up to you =)

Also, I remember playing with a Windows XP system with an nVidia GeForce GTX250 512MB GDDR5 and things like the past stuttering with rain and the current stuttering with bushes, including the heavy stuttering quoted before, weren't able to experience. May be a Graphic Card support issue?
    (0)

Player

windows 7 X64
    msi x58 pro-e mobo
    intel core i7 920 2.66ghz
    3gb ddr3 kingston hyperx 1300mhz ram tri channel
    gigabyte gtx460 1gb oc

all systems under watercooling (at least i can discount heat as a cause lol)

anyway i get the same issue with the animation from time to time. somewhat annoying
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Zeo Valefor
    World
    Hyperion
    Main Class
    Black Mage Lv 90
    Same issue here. Started as of last update for me though. Ugh. makes the game unplayable if you're in a group.
    (0)