Player
    Character
    Kuwagami Tarynke
    World
    Cerberus
    Main Class
    Red Mage Lv 78
    Quote Originally Posted by Gangaloo View Post
    I didn't say that PLD is a parry tank. Yes PLD is a mitigation tank.

You didn't understand the point I was trying to get across.
    what I wanted to say is that no tank's place is going to be "at stake". The concept of DRK (parry/evasion" is new to FFxiv so nothing can compare to it yet.
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Ganga Loo
    World
    Gilgamesh
    Main Class
    Gladiator Lv 50
    Quote Originally Posted by Kuwagami View Post
    what I wanted to say is that no tank's place is going to be "at stake". The concept of DRK (parry/evasion" is new to FFxiv so nothing can compare to it yet.
    This is why I said you didn't understand my point. We don't know what DRK will bring to the table so it's impossible to gauge whether or not it will "replace" one of the current existing tanks or compliment certain groups better than other tanks... or possibility bring nothing to the table at all.

The OP can't cry "ZOMG BUFF X CLASS DUE TO DRK!" because we know nothing of the class.

For all we know... DRK could be a parry / mitigation based tank, or it could be a parry / ???? tank. There's no real point even talking about it until Yoshi reveals more info about the class.
    (2)

Player
    Character
    Kuwagami Tarynke
    World
    Cerberus
    Main Class
    Red Mage Lv 78
    Quote Originally Posted by Gangaloo View Post
    TFor all we know... DRK could be a parry / mitigation based tank, or it could be a parry / ???? tank. There's no real point even talking about it until Yoshi reveals more info about the class.
    yeah but thing is, we KNOW it's parry/evasion though
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Lufie Newleaf
    World
    Ragnarok
    Main Class
    Monk Lv 90
    I think it wouldn't hurt if they increased damage output a little for all tanks. Might make it more fun for people to be contributing more to the party's overall damage. Don't know how Warrior compares to Dark Knight yet, but DRK has the coolness appeal. WAR's new AF set in the expansion is more fluffy, but DRK's armor is all badass looking, so people will gravitate there.
    (1)

Character
    Theodulus Deodoros
    World
    Balmung
    Main Class
    Gladiator Lv 50
    Quote Originally Posted by Kuwagami View Post
    yeah but thing is, we KNOW it's parry/evasion though
    Source please
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Zaen Kael
    World
    Hyperion
    Main Class
    Gladiator Lv 50
    Quote Originally Posted by TheodoreMcIntyre View Post
    Source please
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ETQY3OGnotA

more specifically at: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ETQY...ailpage#t=2585
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Aisu Strong
    World
    Ultros
    Main Class
    Marauder Lv 60
    Quote Originally Posted by Rufalus View Post
    I think it wouldn't hurt if they increased damage output a little for all tanks. Might make it more fun for people to be contributing more to the party's overall damage. Don't know how Warrior compares to Dark Knight yet, but DRK has the coolness appeal. WAR's new AF set in the expansion is more fluffy, but DRK's armor is all badass looking, so people will gravitate there.
    new war gear? link
    (0)

Character
    Leo Strut
    World
    Excalibur
    Main Class
    Gladiator Lv 70
    To begin, we know nothing about Dark Knight's toolset. There's no point in discussing it. However, we can discuss the type of tank Dark Knight is.

There are two problems that arise with a parry/evasion (henceforth referred too as avoidance) tank.

First is that most of the heavy hitting attacks cannot be avoided. Because Warriors and Paladins have essentially the same EHP, they can pop a CD or two to survive these attacks. However, we do not know how Square Enix will balance Dark Knight to have a similar EHP. This may cause problems, or require more often tank swaps.

Second, avoidance is based on RNG. While some people reference Death Knight as a succesful avoidance tank, in reality, it was first and foremost a bubble tank. The majority of its damage mitigation came not from avoidance, but from blood shield absorbing the attacks. We don't know what tools will be in Dark Knight's belt, but we can already assume that their mitigation is going to be much more variable than other tanks.
    (2)

Player
    Character
    Reynhart Kristensen
    World
    Ragnarok
    Main Class
    Dark Knight Lv 80
    The majority of avoidance of NIN in FFXI also came with shadows that absorbed hits, even though they had a really high evasion.
    The result was...terrible.

For me, what can be done for a dodge/parry tanking is activating skills that avoid perfectly the next attack of one type (One for auto-attack, one for physical skills, one for spells, etc...) with a very short duration.
    So, not a "RNG parry" tank or a "blink" tank but a "perfect guard" tank, like you could have in fightning games, but with a little more window time to reduce lag problem.

On paper, it could be interesting, but, to implement it, it would require a lot of testing to make it competitive and viable for every fight.
    (2)

Player
    Character
    Blackheart Figaro
    World
    Lamia
    Main Class
    Black Mage Lv 60
    just to be clear, which dark knight skills have better life drain than warrior?
    (0)

Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 ... LastLast