Page 1 of 21 1 2 3 11 ... LastLast
    Player

People selling runs, why not talking about it ?

Hello, I'm Rika Furude from Cerberus server.
    On Cerberus, we got so much people buying runs (T5, T9, Titan ex, shiva ex...). By what I see on Ragnarok for example, T9 price is 6.3M ( http://solitude.guildwork.com/_/sales ). I guess that on most server, people who sell runs are fixing together prices. On Cerberus, T9 price is 12M. The thing is that only one FC (people from Cerberus will probably recognize which FC i'm talking about) and especially one group is fixing price for everyone and it created some problem to sellers because a certain group is selling for 12M T9 and another one for 7M, titan ex for 5M and another one for 500k. It came to that, people who got undercuted are reporting the other group for undercuting their price.
    I wanna know what you think about this kind of stuff.
    (2)

Player
    Character
    Moxie Moonlight
    World
    Leviathan
    Main Class
    White Mage Lv 90
    Hi Rika.

It's all pathetic. The "[people who can win for whatever reason]" that complain about "[people who cannot win for whatever reason]" not being good enough and as the reason for nerfs to content are enabling the same people they criticize by selling runs.

Edit: So touchy!
    (24)
    Last edited by M0xie; 12-23-2014 at 04:52 AM. Reason: syntax

Player
    Character
    Zaknafein Do'urden
    World
    Leviathan
    Main Class
    Dark Knight Lv 60
    Not sure there is anything that can be done about one group or another undercutting the "market" for this kind of thing. This service is only worth what people are willing to pay for it.
    (7)

Player
    Character
    Chrillix Khross
    World
    Hyperion
    Main Class
    Armorer Lv 80
    I'm confused on what you want to talk about, the fact that people sell runs or that certain fc's are trying to set prices for the whole server?

Either way, as for selling runs I have no problem with it. If someone wants to buy their runs then let them. Most likely you wouldn't find these types of people trying to join your static anyway so worrying about this affecting skill level really isn't a big deal. Some buyers may actually be skilled players themselves, but don't want to commit the time required to get a certain drop/clear normally, so they pay for the convenience of guaranteeing themselves loot.

As far as certain FC's trying to set prices for a whole server? Good luck with that. There will always be groups of players willing to sell runs for cheaper than "normal", and they will be the ones generating the most business for themselves.
    (6)

Player
    Character
    Chen Kotomi
    World
    Adamantoise
    Main Class
    Archer Lv 90
    I really don't care personally. If a bunch of rich dingbats want to pay people to run them through content they can't be bothered to learn themselves, more power to them.
    (16)

Player
    Character
    Oerba'dia Vanille
    World
    Hyperion
    Main Class
    Conjurer Lv 50
    Reporting others for undercutting prices on run sales? lol that's stupid, not to mention pointless. There is no rule that says X dungeon has to be sold for Y amount of gil (Yoshi doesn't even like that people sell runs anyway), but we do. I do sell runs to people who are lazy, who just want carries or fast items on alts without effort. I mean, I've spent my time learning and clearing those fights when they were a thing, not giving those wanting free carries an easy win. However, I don't see any point in bitching at prices within selling groups. If you get someone paying 12m, good for you, if you don't, it's still easy gil. People have to realize old content is old and is mostly used just for glamours, can't expect them monopolize its whole market with high prices.
    (11)

Character
    Shio Ban
    World
    Twintania
    Main Class
    Conjurer Lv 90
    You can't report another group for selling their runs cheaper, no more than you can report someone for selling a Baby Opo-Opo on the market-boards cheaper than yourself.

Although it's terribly annoying and dismaying to see that some people would run people through Extreme Primals originally for 700K, whilst others would charge 2-3 million or more was quite dismaying. But some people enjoy working for peanuts I guess.

When 2.0 first came out there weren't any price wars on Excalibur, we had a fixed price between ourselves and another FC which seemed to mitigate any undercutting for a good number of weeks until other FC's entered the fray.

There's nothing you can do about it, wasting a GMs time by reporting them is just ludicrous.

Quote Originally Posted by M0xie View Post
    Hi Rika.

It's all pathetic. The "hardcores" that complain about "casuals" not being good enough and as the reason for nerfs to content are enabling the same people they criticize by selling runs.
    It's not just 'hardcore' players selling runs, I can assure you of that.
    (5)
    Last edited by Shioban; 12-23-2014 at 04:48 AM.

Player
    Character
    Mister Wonderful
    World
    Excalibur
    Main Class
    Pugilist Lv 50
    Quote Originally Posted by kyuven View Post
    I really don't care personally. If a bunch of rich dingbats want to pay people to run them through content they can't be bothered to learn themselves, more power to them.
    Pretty much this.
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Aislin Delhir
    World
    Leviathan
    Main Class
    Arcanist Lv 73
    Quote Originally Posted by M0xie View Post
    Hi Rika.

It's all pathetic. The "hardcores" that complain about "casuals" not being good enough and as the reason for nerfs to content are enabling the same people they criticize by selling runs.
    Neither "hardcores" nor "casuals" are uniform, block voting groups. May as well say that "casuals" are enabling "hardcores" to complain about bads in their runs by offering to pay for clears. People like gil. I think selling/buying clears is distasteful and would rather see those people never win, but those market forces are too much for others, it seems.
    (1)

Player
    Character
    Franchesca Ridill
    World
    Coeurl
    Main Class
    Marauder Lv 60
    Those prices are ridiculous. Funny enough though, there are people willing to pay for that unfortunately.
    (0)

Page 1 of 21 1 2 3 11 ... LastLast