Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 LastLast
    Player
    Character
    Pterois Volitans
    World
    Excalibur
    Main Class
    Gladiator Lv 60
    the limit actually forces you to be more creative with how you stack things and what not. however on the opposite side of the spectrum, putting a limit on creativity has always been a no go. this is a double edge sword topic where both sides are correct. T
    (1)
    "Try not. Do or do not. There is no try."

Player
    Character
    Quentin Hood
    World
    Malboro
    Main Class
    Conjurer Lv 60
    Quote Originally Posted by Pterois View Post
    the limit actually forces you to be more creative with how you stack things and what not. however on the opposite side of the spectrum, putting a limit on creativity has always been a no go. this is a double edge sword topic where both sides are correct.
    Everyone expects a limit. There should be an advantage to having larger housing and such. But a 20 item limit is unacceptable. All limits should be increased. It will greatly improve housing as a whole.
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Veronica Venom
    World
    Siren
    Main Class
    Archer Lv 90
    I have a small house and yes, I had to take a couple of things up to place Christmas then New Year items, but it wasn't such a big deal. Wave Pool, Odin thingy, garden, aetheryte, mailbox, lamp, trees... I'm sure that considering that there's not really that much difference in lawn space between a small, medium, and large place it has more to do with limiting the number of 'things' that need to be rendered. By providing X smalls, Y mediums, and Z larges, the developers have ensured that they managed the cap on items in given locations, therefore keeping their server resources manageable.
    (2)

Player
    Character
    Meeka Te
    World
    Louisoix
    Main Class
    Black Mage Lv 80
    Quote Originally Posted by Red_Wolf View Post
    What if I did... my house...

Am I really being trolled over this stupid limit? Unless there is someone on this housing forum who has not capped their outdoor item limit then I don't see how this is even a debate. I don't know how it's even possible to be under the limit. It should have been changed a long time ago.
    I know this post is old, but I just googled "outdoor housing limit" since housing is new to me. I've got a medium plot and 30 items is simply not enough. You want to do some landscaping and add lighting and small bushes so the trees don't look "naked"? You want to add some stepping stones? Yeah, that's not happening. Go and get that giant eye-sore outdoor furnishing if you want your yard to look like it's not straight outta Compton two lawn chairs and a grill. People thinking they're being creative by being needlessly limited is hilarious. But if you came to the forums expecting to find any semblance of logic or reason, you came to the wrong place. What you're going to get is "i don't have a problem with it, so it's not a problem".

The limit appears to be arbitrary like a lot of things in this game. It's a really beautiful game with lots of things to do but also LOTS of very odd and illogical limitations to go along with it like I can't accept an invite because I've got my retainer window open? Yeah okay. That's just lazy developing imo.

People are telling you that you can do it, "You just gotta get creative" without realizing that the limitation is actually killing the creative outlet these features COULD provide. Is it Christmas time? You may put up one christmas tree and a couple of snow piles and a snowman but you're going to have to remove several trees and bushes and probably some stepping stones. You're welcome.

I'm not saying we need a limit in the thousands, but 30? Come on. It's ridiculous and there is no argument for it. Even another 10 items could make all the difference. Most lawns look straight up ugly and barren. Very few people have really made it work. I also think it's ironic for people to be criticizing and outright attacking you for a making a reasonable suggestion. You're a consumer and as a consumer you have a right and responsibility to make suggestions about a product that is NOT working or could be improved significantly.

I'll attach a couple of images of my yard. I can't stand "naked" looking trees.

I've put red makers where I'd like to add more things but can't because of the limit. In order for me to put some stepping stones, a bird bath, and more lighting shown in the red markers, I'm going to have to remove the blood bushes. I can just forget that picnic area I was hoping to design.

But yeah ... that probably does look like the set of Sanford & Son. SMH
    (1)
    Last edited by Kyllandra; 02-19-2019 at 01:54 AM. Reason: the images didn't appear

Player
    Character
    Vidu Moriquendi
    World
    Odin
    Main Class
    Bard Lv 90
    Quote Originally Posted by Kyllandra View Post
    The limit appears to be arbitrary like a lot of things in this game. It's a really beautiful game with lots of things to do but also LOTS of very odd and illogical limitations to go along with it like I can't accept an invite because I've got my retainer window open? Yeah okay. That's just lazy developing imo.
    While I agree that the limit should be increased, this isnt arbitrary but has infact to do with the stress it puts on the servers. The servers for the areas are constantly open, so they need to calculate carefully how many of those sometimes rather complexe objects they can allow to be freely placed in the housing areas without having loading times or the game explode.

I know to little about servers to tell wether or not they could have used a better system for this, but either way the fact remains that the servers have certain limitations.
    And: adding only 10 items more to the limit might not sound like much - but consider that there are over 2000 plots on each server. Thats not 10 items more, thats 20.000 items more...
    (5)

Player
    Character
    Ulala Ula
    World
    Shiva
    Main Class
    Dancer Lv 60
    Same here, wanted to use the stones but nope... i manage to use the fire + bench you buy at the Vanu + 3 stones, thats it. If at lest the chocobo stable, mailbox, aetheryte and maybe 1 dummy would not count for that limit.

Further, id love to have different types of grass... not the same generic one on EVERY plot >_>

Maybe even seperate slots for plants and furniture/decorations....

And imo... the M and L plots were flawed by design... like, give us some space around the house, left and right, just the same as on S houses. I know its too late and they wont change it, but stil... that large spot on L's is kinda.... you actually have a harder time as on S houses >:>

Edit for above:

The servers lol.... if its 20x a stone or 20x the most complicated decoration ingame doesnt matter, they just save item #52455725727 on plot AB, X/Y/Z + rotation. while its sure a lot of data if all plots x 50-60 items, they should still be ok. you cant tell me its possible to LITERALLY flood the lavender beds with flowers, but i cant place 5 patches of em on my ground.
    (0)
    Last edited by Kuroka; 02-19-2019 at 01:34 AM.

Player
    Character
    Farina Akira
    World
    Shiva
    Main Class
    Summoner Lv 70
    You could at least put one of the very beautiful fences on your plot ... it does so much. o_O This looks just sad (the basic standard "fence" you get when you move in).

Here my yard (also medium plot):

(2)
    Last edited by Felinchen; 02-19-2019 at 02:30 AM.

Player
    Character
    Little Fumo
    World
    Lich
    Main Class
    Gunbreaker Lv 90
    If you are creative, 20 items limit shouldn't be a problem. Just take a trip around your neighbour houses, check other wards too, there's plenty of masterpieces done with this 20 items limit.
    I understand it may look a little low to you, but there's a very good reason for this.
    Also, I believe that if you'd spent half as much time trying to think about how to make the best of your garden with this limit, instead of whining and complaining here in forums, you could get some decent results.
    (0)
    Last edited by fumofu; 02-19-2019 at 02:59 AM.

Player
    Character
    Souji Hanamura
    World
    Exodus
    Main Class
    Astrologian Lv 90
    I already can't see my FC chocobo stable when I'm at the MB nearby (Goblet, large house overlooking the brimming heart, mb just up at the apt. building). No, an extra paving stone may not make much of a difference, but that jack*** who has 30 namazu statues in his yard is making a difference, because he's going to add more and those take a lot of processing. I still like the "point" system somebody suggested once; 50pts, things like paving stones or gravel are like .5 a point, huge, graphically-intense pieces like the namazu could be 10 points. The wavesoul font is still flashy, so maybe 5 pts for that, but the treehouse, which is big but is literally just a tree with wooden planks, could be 2.
    (2)

Player
    Character
    Fox Briarthorn
    World
    Sargatanas
    Main Class
    Culinarian Lv 90
    Quote Originally Posted by Kyllandra View Post
    I'm not saying we need a limit in the thousands, but 30? Come on. It's ridiculous and there is no argument for it. Even another 10 items could make all the difference. Most lawns look straight up ugly and barren. Very few people have really made it work. I also think it's ironic for people to be criticizing and outright attacking you for a making a reasonable suggestion. You're a consumer and as a consumer you have a right and responsibility to make suggestions about a product that is NOT working or could be improved significantly.
    They are working on increasing the outdoor limit, however understand while your indoor limit is just items you have placed, the outdoor limit is the sum of your entire ward. You've got the possibility of 730 items along with all the exterior decor of the houses that all have to be sent to each client that loads into the ward. Every 1 outdoor item they add to the limit is actually 30. If we had instanced housing with an outdoor yard space, we could probably be using something akin to the indoor limits each, but that's not the route they took and this is one of the prices of having neighbors.

Quote Originally Posted by Kuroka View Post
    The servers lol.... if its 20x a stone or 20x the most complicated decoration ingame doesnt matter, they just save item #52455725727 on plot AB, X/Y/Z + rotation. while its sure a lot of data if all plots x 50-60 items, they should still be ok. you cant tell me its possible to LITERALLY flood the lavender beds with flowers, but i cant place 5 patches of em on my ground.
    Static data that's part of the client vs dynamic data users can alter at any time.
    (1)

Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 LastLast