Player
    Character
    Hyunckel Xanadu
    World
    Ragnarok
    Main Class
    Marauder Lv 52
    Quote Originally Posted by Anneliese View Post
    I don't do low level roulette just because it takes longer than expert/high level roulette for less rewards.
    ^This. I got absolutely not reason to run Low Level Roulette since it gives a low amount of Soldiery Tomestones that I can farm with A/S Ranked hunts while also getting Poetics and Allied Seals. Or run Syrcus Tower to also get Sands, Oils & UAT.

Or just do anything else that would be more productive. The fact that gear is sync'd down to the dungeon ilv slows clear speed down massively. Really not worth the hassle.

Probably why you need to wait 30-45 min for a dungeon at lv15-48 as a DPS class.

If there was something like 150 Sold & 50 Poetics and/or Allied Seals for ex, I might acually run this Low Level Duty Roulette again...

As of now, it's only a good idea to run this Duty on a fresh, first job at lv50 on a new character that needs ilv70/80+ to unlock Labyrinth -> Syrcus and Expert Roulette
    (2)
    Last edited by Hyunckel; 12-23-2014 at 09:06 PM.
    LEAF's HUNT Linkshell Leader
    Seasonned Tracker and Main Tank DRK i180
    http://myanimelist.net/profile/Hyunckel
    http://hyunckel-kun.deviantart.com

Player
    Character
    Zaknafein Do'urden
    World
    Leviathan
    Main Class
    Dark Knight Lv 60
    While not increasing the reward, I suppose they could remove the once a day limitation just on this duty. This way high level players could, perhaps, get some kind of reason to run this repeatedly and players that are trying to level up could do so quicker given that they can get the xp bonus multiple times a day.
    (6)

Player
    Character
    Altanas Aidendale
    World
    Excalibur
    Main Class
    Lancer Lv 70
    I think the soldiery bonus is just right. You have to bear in mind that you can easily get Easy Primals in Low Level roulette from time to time which offsets the timesink I guess

The one thing I would like to see added are Allied Seals as a bonus reward because those seals are lacking elsewhere. Indeed I wouldn't mind if the soldiery bonus is simply converted into an allied seal bonus instead. I'm never going to get hold of any other pieces of that rip off allied seal gear since the hunt nerf, and I'm swimming in sol and poe tomes as it is.
    (5)

Player
    Character
    Brianna Blackburne
    World
    Behemoth
    Main Class
    Pugilist Lv 80
    Quote Originally Posted by Deathscythe343 View Post
    While not increasing the reward, I suppose they could remove the once a day limitation just on this duty. This way high level players could, perhaps, get some kind of reason to run this repeatedly and players that are trying to level up could do so quicker given that they can get the xp bonus multiple times a day.
    Now this is sensible. Reward the newcomers, not the elitists, they definitely need the sold more than the higher ilvl's do.
    (5)

Player

Quote Originally Posted by Sylve View Post
    Ehh, Its safer to just take a few steps back on both swings. I can always get back to his melee before he even moves (As tank).
    Cos it sucks ass when someone accidently drops a stun without saying anything, and then you get your face caved in XD
    Why take a few steps back for the frontal AoE? Just run through the boss. The 360º AoE is annoying to dodge because the range is big. Letting only the tank use stun in that fight makes for cleaner and faster fight in my experience.
    (1)

Player
    Character
    Cullen Dionysion
    World
    Adamantoise
    Main Class
    Gladiator Lv 70
    It's not about explaining bosses or working with newbies for me. It's mostly about getting in parties with people who want the full clears because they, understandably, want the exp. Those runs for the later dungeons can take 35-40minutes easy. I could have ran close to two higher level dungeons in that time and gotten twice the soldiery.

That being said, there's all the always the chance to luck out and get story Ifrit/Titan/Garuda for quick tomes. But that is fairly infrequent for me.
    (3)

Player
    Character
    Polyhedral Dice
    World
    Sargatanas
    Main Class
    Arcanist Lv 70
    Wiped 5 times after explaining titan story last night, nobody would listen to what I had to say to win the fight.
    Wiped once tonight on ifrit due to the new arc not helping kill the nail. I did not explain this fight beforehand, didn't think I had too, but I should have, lol.

Need more bonus so more people do it more often. People are leveling up other jobs still. There are and will always be, new players doing this, and waiting 30 to do it on top of that.
    (1)

Player
    Character
    Sesile Kokoro
    World
    Hyperion
    Main Class
    Lancer Lv 90
    Add an Alexandrite as part of the daily reward... Problem solved

Oh and also add an Alex randomly in chests in labyrinth
    (1)

Player
    Character
    Kiriah Aishi
    World
    Adamantoise
    Main Class
    Warrior Lv 90
    Quote Originally Posted by ChazNatlo View Post
    Given some of the responces in this thread, aren't you worried that would just make people NOT explain the mechanics so that the Noobs fail the mechanic so they get the bonus?
    Not at all. The bonus would be group-based, not player-based. The incentive would only work if no one dies.
    (0)
    Violyre Plays FFXIV!: https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLvwF1ELv6j4LrErSQ5EIbPap2wwRcM4oH

Remember all of those things that people said would kill the game? Yeah. I'm compiling a list.
    The Many Deaths of FFXIV: A Historical Thread
    http://forum.square-enix.com/ffxiv/threads/198895-The-Many-Deaths-of-Final-Fantasy-XIV

Player
    Character
    Ameralda Devus
    World
    Siren
    Main Class
    Arcanist Lv 50
    I'd be for an increase to the low level roulette reward, under the following conditions (assuming you are level 50):

If there is a non-50 player in the dungeon, killing less than half the mobs in the dungeon does not give you the daily bonus.
    If there is a player with the "new to this instance" flag, you do not get the new player bonus if that player dies for any reason, and that day's bonus is forfeit.
    If you leave the dungeon before it is completed, that day's bonus is forfeit.

The Low Level Daily Roulette is there to make the leveling experience better for new players, not to line your pockets, and as such, incentives should be included so that veteran players actually teach and play to the pace of the weaker players. If these restrictions are too much for you, you have no business asking for the rewards to be improved.
    (3)

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast