Page 2 of 35 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 12 ... LastLast
    Player
    Character
    Zata'ra Dakwhil
    World
    Jenova
    Main Class
    Arcanist Lv 60
    Looking at what we seen so far the new jobs just seem to be permutations of existing jobs DKs = MRD/pld, Astro = WHM/sch, Mach = BRD/?

Wouldn't be surprised if "No base classes!" was a troll, because the requirement are jobs (thinking 50/30 if this turns out to be the reality of things).
    (0)
    Last edited by Aurelinaus; 12-22-2014 at 02:48 PM.

Player
    Character
    Mirron Cykyledo
    World
    Sargatanas
    Main Class
    Conjurer Lv 50
    I honestly don't see any reason to expect that currently. I mean, I do expect there to be some sort of requirements, but I'm pretty sure these aren't combination jobs. Also not really sure how you get Astrologian as being a combination of White Mage and Scholar beyond the obvious statement of all three are healers.
    (2)

Player
    Character
    Oly'ver White
    World
    Coeurl
    Main Class
    Astrologian Lv 80
    Quote Originally Posted by Balipu View Post
    With the cards it sounds more like a support/debuff class than a healer. We should probably expect a lot of time related spell like haste and slow.
    Ahhh I'm so gonna roll one.
    I was also thinking that they would have time related spells
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Saevel Azarin
    World
    Hyperion
    Main Class
    Red Mage Lv 80
    Given that an astrologist uses the positions of celestial bodies to make predictions of future events, I expect to see a HOT healing class with some time-related abilities (haste, slow, stop, reflect, refresh, regain, reraise, etc.)
    (5)

Player
    Character
    Kishi Maru
    World
    Excalibur
    Main Class
    Conjurer Lv 50
    It would be really cool if the card combinations affect how your heals work. Like changing your normal "cure" into some type of HoT, AoE, or a shield. that way if you're paired with a sch - you have strong AoE, and if you're paired with a whm you can shield.
    I think the cards will be the support abilities too. some things that would be neat would be an ability to lower another members enmity/raise enmity, hp/mp/tp swap, or CD reduction. it would have to be something that wouldnt be "required" just "nice to have" - like brd songs.

having a straight HoT type of class would be super fun too.
    (4)

Player
    Character
    Alec Temet
    World
    Midgardsormr
    Main Class
    Arcanist Lv 70
    Now of course this is purely whimsical speculation, but it would be interested - given the prophetic implications of Astrologian - if Astrologains could cast "queued" spells that activate on specific conditions. Nothing too complicated, but something like being able to cast a cure spell before damage goes off to lay a cure "bomb" on a player, then when they take damage, the bomb goes off and heals the person. You could differentiate Astrologian from Scholar by making the queued actions more diverse and situation dependent. Let's say you have 3 queue-able abilities, a cure bomb that places a short lived cure that detonates into a single, punctuate cure; a slow HoT bomb that starts ticking after being hit for approximately the same amount of HP (for use to mitigate DoT), and a small AoE bomb that cures around the target when struck for a very small amount (about 1/4th of a Succor). You could make it so each person could have two bombs at a time, in that way, you could prepare for raid wide damage by placing a AoE bomb on several people, all of which explode at the same time, or, for smaller damage, just on one person, saving MP.

Of course, that will all be completely wrong, as I have no connection with the developers and they have their own ideas and goals, but I think it would be an interesting take on the future-predicting Astrologain.
    (3)

Player
    Character
    Altanas Aidendale
    World
    Excalibur
    Main Class
    Lancer Lv 70
    I like the concept of a HoT placeable AoE, and a Cure Bomb too.

I would like the Cards to be used to trigger the "Bomb" aspect. I like to have control over when they go off even if they automatically blew at a certain %

Maybe the cards though are for elemental debuffs. Perhaps some old version 1 cnj or thm abilities creeping back in?
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Zata'ra Dakwhil
    World
    Jenova
    Main Class
    Arcanist Lv 60
    Quote Originally Posted by Mirron View Post
    I honestly don't see any reason to expect that currently. I mean, I do expect there to be some sort of requirements, but I'm pretty sure these aren't combination jobs. Also not really sure how you get Astrologian as being a combination of White Mage and Scholar beyond the obvious statement of all three are healers.
    I'm not saying they're combination jobs but unlock requirements, since SE is showing efforts to make cross classing a thing of the past.

There's a spot for an AoE buff healer that's screaming to be filled. A healer that has it's few basic heals and then abilities at that amplify the potency of those heals for itself and other healers, a buff to reduce the mp cost of abilities.
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Mirron Cykyledo
    World
    Sargatanas
    Main Class
    Conjurer Lv 50
    Oh, you were just saying those as unlock requirements. Well, that's certainly possible. I don't see why cross classing would be a thing of the past though. I think that they'll revamp it since there are going to be a bunch of jobs that will need to be cross classable, it's easier to do it if you do it during the expansion rather than try and rebalance it in 2.4, or at least I think so.
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Okita Soji
    World
    Cactuar
    Main Class
    Astrologian Lv 71
    My ideal class would be something like Gambler.

Primary healing would be semi-randomized HoTs with more efficient base heals just in case things got bad

Then off global cooldown (Kind of like Mudras) They'd have 1 or 2 "draw" abilities, both with different but fairly high cooldowns. These abilities would give the party buffs depending on what was drawn, and the enemies within a certain range debuffs depending on what was drawn.

This would allow you to gamble, while still being able to heal effectively.
    (0)

Page 2 of 35 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 12 ... LastLast