Player
    Character
    Wyl Chandler
    World
    Gilgamesh
    Main Class
    Conjurer Lv 23

Low FPS on gaming setup, as well as game not registering keyboard clicks

I have a 860M graphics card and an i7, yet i am only gettings 30-40 FPS in many area's of Grindania at the lowest settings, and it will sometimes jump to 70-80 but then only sometimes. I can run GW2, SWTOR, and other MMO's at 60 FPS at medium to high (of not highest) settings, I am really confused.

I am also having troubles with my keyboard only in this game. I have to repeatedly click a button for it to respond unless my right mouse button is being clicked down. When i go to type and chat, i have trouble even finishing a single sentence because i have to keep clicking a button for it to appear.

anyone know what my problems are? Thanks for any help.
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Kaya Yuuna
    World
    Cerberus
    Main Class
    Archer Lv 70
    Quote Originally Posted by PKMN12 View Post
    I have a 860M graphics card and an i7, yet i am only gettings 30-40 FPS in many area's of Grindania at the lowest settings
    Enable Occlusion Culling. All city zones, especially when around the Aetheryte and market are CPU limited due to player counts, models, etc

and it will sometimes jump to 70-80 but then only sometimes. I can run GW2, SWTOR, and other MMO's at 60 FPS at medium to high (of not highest) settings, I am really confused.
    I sincerely doubt this, GW2 is a cpu cycle eating monster, and SWTOR is no better.

I am also having troubles with my keyboard only in this game. I have to repeatedly click a button for it to respond unless my right mouse button is being clicked down. When i go to type and chat, i have trouble even finishing a single sentence because i have to keep clicking a button for it to appear.

anyone know what my problems are? Thanks for any help.
    Known Windows 8 issue on laptops, if its a usb keyboard, try a different port. if its the integrated keyboard, update the synapses driver.
    (1)

Player
    Character
    Wyl Chandler
    World
    Gilgamesh
    Main Class
    Conjurer Lv 23
    How do i update my Keyboard driver? none of the drivers allow me to update, and the synapses drivers only seem to effect the touchpad.
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Kaya Yuuna
    World
    Cerberus
    Main Class
    Archer Lv 70
    The keyboard lag can be caused by drivers operating on the same logic bus chewing up cpu cycles.

updating the synapsis driver was just a suggestion.

Another device that can cause unusual cpu usage is a buggy network driver.
    (0)