Player
    Character
    Mholi'to Lihzeh
    World
    Zodiark
    Main Class
    Arcanist Lv 90
    Quote Originally Posted by Shadex View Post
    No, it's a girl they just don't want to own up to it. Reminds me of the Coeurl in Toto Rak that someone didn't notice was a plant prior to launch.
    You mean the one that is named after this?
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cat_o%27_nine_tails
    (0)

Player
    Character
    A'tehri Yeun
    World
    Midgardsormr
    Main Class
    Lancer Lv 50
    Certainly does seem to be a girl, but hey, who knows? Maybe it is a boy who just doesn't like the feeling of being confined to pants. He wants to be free!

Also, semi-related, but a small part of me is wondering if there'll be more to the Starlight Celebration quest line before the event ends. Seems like they left you with a very mild cliffhanger there in regards to the elderly gentleman. Who knows? It is a mystery.
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Sesile Kokoro
    World
    Hyperion
    Main Class
    Lancer Lv 90
    Boys can't be pretty and wear a dress? No one ever complains when girls wear pants and have short hair.... Double standards
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Jinrya Geki
    World
    Excalibur
    Main Class
    Thaumaturge Lv 90
    Quote Originally Posted by Blindheart View Post
    Boys can't be pretty and wear a dress? No one ever complains when girls wear pants and have short hair.... Double standards
    Oh my god, let's not turn this into a sexist thread like the Au'Ra. No male of any race has access to that particular hair. That model is used in several small quests, and is described as a girl.

So from a game-play only perspective, no reality in it what so ever. That should be a girl character. I believed this to be a mistake, which it is not, by the representative saying it's intention. I have no problem how boys or girls dress.
    (2)

Character
    Kai Magnus
    World
    Leviathan
    Main Class
    Dragoon Lv 90
    Ooo. Had a thought. Maybe it's one of those Elzen male hair styles that have their hair pulled back but this poor little guy just dosn't have long enough hair yet to pul it back into a full pony tail.

As far as the out fit, he either just got out of bed (Like children do on christmas morning) and it's his long sleep shirt/gown, or he just likes going comando once in a while.
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Velo'a Nharoz
    World
    Mateus
    Main Class
    Scholar Lv 90
    It's not a dress nor a sleep-shirt. It's a tunic. You don't have to wear pants with a tunic because it covers everything necessary (was designed by the Greeks to be free-flowing, allowing for comfort and mobility at minimal cost. A whole wardrobe in a single piece of fabric). This applies to both genders. People only started to wear pants later-on in history when material wealth was the most important factor in political and social influence. Given this game is set in a world where many parts of the region aren't well-off in monetary issues and people have to live off the land, his attire is perfectly understandable.

Just ask Link

Quote Originally Posted by Shadex View Post
    No, it's a girl they just don't want to own up to it. Reminds me of the Coeurl in Toto Rak that someone didn't notice was a plant prior to launch.
    The Coeurl O'Nine Tails is named after the Cat-o-nine-tails in name due to it using its vines like whips. It was never meant to be taken in the literal sense...
    (0)
    Last edited by Velox; 12-24-2014 at 08:05 PM.

Character
    Kai Magnus
    World
    Leviathan
    Main Class
    Dragoon Lv 90
    Quote Originally Posted by Velox View Post
    It's not a dress nor a sleep-shirt. It's a tunic. You don't have to wear pants with a tunic because it covers everything necessary (was designed by the Greeks to be free-flowing, allowing for comfort and mobility at minimal cost. A whole wardrobe in a single piece of fabric).
    <Face Palm> DUH, It was a tunic, Of course. We even don "Shepard's Tunics" as part of the story quests. How did I not see that before. Tunics didn't NEED pants (though they were some times worn with them in much later years when the tunic it's self was shortened. <See the rest of the above quote>) How did this forum go on this long with out this getting noticed? Of course it's a boy. Heck good old Link Legendhero him self had a long and round cut hair style with a one peice tunic.
    (0)

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3