Player
    Character
    Kaya Yuuna
    World
    Cerberus
    Main Class
    Archer Lv 70
    Quote Originally Posted by Lazykitty View Post
    Quite similar problem here. XFX HD7970. At first it was like once a month and then became more and more often. Now I can only play long enough to land 1 fish before I get a black screen and a funny robotic squealing sound which shuts my display down. Computer stays running but I have to restart via power button. Pushing the restart button does not work. This happens with BF3 as well, minutes into the game.
    :3 then RMA the heck out of that card, its faulty.
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Post Cards
    World
    Ultros
    Main Class
    Warrior Lv 60
    I heard if more people make complaints, the more attention will be paid to the issue.

http://www.amd.com/report
    (1)

Player
    Character
    Crystal Kitty
    World
    Behemoth
    Main Class
    Gladiator Lv 70
    Quote Originally Posted by Squa11_Leonhart View Post
    :3 then RMA the heck out of that card, its faulty.
    Yup. Turns out card is faulty.Swapped it out with my old card. Works just fine. Sending back to XFX for rep.
    (0)

Player
    Character
    A'thenial Shikhu
    World
    Excalibur
    Main Class
    Bard Lv 80
    Bring back to front of forums and SE's attention as the problem still persists. Absolutely no response from in game support.
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Kaya Yuuna
    World
    Cerberus
    Main Class
    Archer Lv 70
    Quote Originally Posted by Athenial View Post
    Bring back to front of forums and SE's attention as the problem still persists. Absolutely no response from in game support.
    not really something the game developers can fix anyway.
    (3)

Player
    Character
    A'thenial Shikhu
    World
    Excalibur
    Main Class
    Bard Lv 80
    I figured it had to be something FF related since this is the only game I am playing that has crashes. DAI had slight issues but that was fixed with a driver update. I'm trying to get onto the ATI forums but yeah still haven't received the verification code :/
    just sucks that everything is in Mor Dhona and that is crash city
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Volta Asura
    World
    Excalibur
    Main Class
    Thaumaturge Lv 61
    Quote Originally Posted by Athenial View Post
    SE does not manufacturer ATI video cards, nor do they develop the drivers for them.

It's silly that this post forum post exists and that you guys assume it's something SE can rectify. Like really, wtf?

*also some of the issues a few of you are describing almost sound like an issue regarding your power supply. It sounds almost as if you guys do not have the required amperage on your 12v rails to support the card's power requirements.

This in itself can cause havoc on your system overall and can cause the very issues you all are describing. Including but not limited to frying your PSU, motherboard or card itself.

You can purchase a video card that requires a 550w PSU, and have a 550w PSU and think that you meet the power requirements. (There are many PSU's on the market and not all of them are made the same. PSU's can have different amperage on their 12v rails which are extremely important to know prior to installing a new card. )

However, your 550w PSU may only have a single rail with 38A, when your card requires 42A. This can cause stability issues and blue screens if your GPU utilization gets high enough....IE, a place like Mor Dhona.
    (1)
    Last edited by VoltaAsura; 01-06-2015 at 01:24 PM.

Player
    Character
    Furyan Bearborn
    World
    Twintania
    Main Class
    Archer Lv 70
    Im not 100% sure what the issue is nor do I want to argue what it is but I have also had the exact same issue with my old HD7870.

I crashed atleast twice a day but only in FFXIV. Recently upgraded to GTX970 and not a single problem.

Seems to me like poorly developed drivers?
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Crystal Kitty
    World
    Behemoth
    Main Class
    Gladiator Lv 70
    I was wrong to assume SE for any of this. I would crash only minutes after log in. It started slow at first (maybe once a month) then more and more until i couldnt play at all. Tested other games, same problem. Researched it quite heavily. Power supply, RAM, Motherboard, everything. The video card is not that old so I didnt assume any problems there. After a Memtest came back good it had to be the GPU. Swapped it out for my 6850 and FFXIV run's just fine. GPU is currently with manufacturer getting repaired.

Bad call on my part, sorry Yoshi.
    (0)

Player
    Character
    A'thenial Shikhu
    World
    Excalibur
    Main Class
    Bard Lv 80
    Quote Originally Posted by VoltaAsura View Post
    SE does not manufacturer ATI video cards, nor do they develop the drivers for them.

It's silly that this post forum post exists and that you guys assume it's something SE can rectify. Like really, wtf?

*also some of the issues a few of you are describing almost sound like an issue regarding your power supply. It sounds almost as if you guys do not have the required amperage on your 12v rails to support the card's power requirements.

This in itself can cause havoc on your system overall and can cause the very issues you all are describing. Including but not limited to frying your PSU, motherboard or card itself.

You can purchase a video card that requires a 550w PSU, and have a 550w PSU and think that you meet the power requirements. (There are many PSU's on the market and not all of them are made the same. PSU's can have different amperage on their 12v rails which are extremely important to know prior to installing a new card. )

However, your 550w PSU may only have a single rail with 38A, when your card requires 42A. This can cause stability issues and blue screens if your GPU utilization gets high enough....IE, a place like Mor Dhona.
    FFXIV is the only issue that I have had in regards to this rig, and its an Alienware so Im assuming that it was built to handle the equipment in it. Everything is fine save for Mor Dhona as well as some S ranks if i port in during the mad rush. Im not burning houses and stuff just seems to be a common thread among ATI users that it could be an issue. If so would like a response from SE regarding this. I have also sent requests for it to be looked into with AMD as well.

Once again if its not SE's issue they could easily have a dev or someone say, "hey not us"
    (0)

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast