Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    Player
    Character
    Wyznberk Zwynbrodasyn
    World
    Cactuar
    Main Class
    Paladin Lv 90
    I feel like this quest is going to make everyone quit the relic weapons all together. These new quests are a joke and a slap in the face of everyone that prefers their relic to the coil weapons.

In total, we have to get 80k GC seals, spend 400k gil (not counting cost of material and service fees for crafters), gather 6400 soldiery tomes, deal with RIDICULOUS 11% drop chance on dungeons for the items, and find crafters that can desynth/HQ craft 7 different items (which is going to be the hardest part of this whole dumb quest chain). This could take a anywhere from 2-4 weeks or work and we get nothing, but negative effects on our way to obtaining this ilvl 125 weapon. What do the raiders get? They get an ilvl 130 weapon and a chance at ilvl 130 gear while only doing a few hours work a week. This is beyond bullshit.

I can put up with the RNG, the wasted gil, and the farming, but having us find desynth crafters is what completely ruins this quest for me. I don't have all the gil in the world and very little people do desynth and they are going to charge out the butt for this.

They keep making these quests for the relic harder and harder and Nexus players are already screwed as is right now with the lack of high level farmings doing light hunts. We have now passed the point where the relic is way harder to get than the coil and it's weaker by comparison. Why waste all this money and time on something that isn't even worth it anymore?

I would have prefered killing all the EX primals 10 times each instead of doing these four stupid quests.
    (4)
    Last edited by Abomination713; 12-13-2014 at 08:41 AM.

Player
    Character
    Akasha Moto
    World
    Midgardsormr
    Main Class
    Goldsmith Lv 50
    I agree with Abomination713 on this one. Currently the way things are, you can do everything up to the point of the actual crafting. If you lack the ability to 3 star craft you will have to rely on other players for these items, and everybody knows they are going to charge insane prices, mostly in the millions for one item. This leads to another issue, gil farmers, some players who don't have the gil to sink into a quest will most likely start considering buying gil. SE claims they want to take a hard stance on gil farmers but, they just set themselves up for a fail due to this quest. I just bought myself a small plot before this patch came out and it nearly bankrupted me, now I have to spend more money on a quest!
    I can only see the crafting portion of this quest viable after the expansion comes out, at this phase we get a level cap increase which means if will be a bit easier for mid-casual to casual players to actually complete this without really breaking the bank.
    (1)

Player
    Character
    Sir Taint
    World
    Behemoth
    Main Class
    Alchemist Lv 50
    I125 and i130 is not a big enough difference to even matter. They made them i125 to keep the best gear for raiders.
    (2)

Player
    Character
    Ares Nocturnal
    World
    Behemoth
    Main Class
    Arcanist Lv 50
    This game has become Final Fantasy XIV A Realm of Recycled Content. I hope they don't plan to recycle 3.0 content into the ground like they did with 2.0.
    (0)

Character
    Hayk Farsight
    World
    Exodus
    Main Class
    Dark Knight Lv 90
    Quote Originally Posted by Abomination713 View Post
    I can put up with the RNG, the wasted gil, and the farming, but having us find desynth crafters is what completely ruins this quest for me. I don't have all the gil in the world and very little people do desynth and they are going to charge out the butt for this.
    The desynth is the dealbreaker here for me as well. I'm not made of gil, and the crafters are starting to charge outrageous prices for the desynthing. Not to mention the already high costs for the mats, so we're pretty much stuck at a wall that can only be climbed by people who actually craft or the rich. This is the only time we've EVER had to rely on crafters, and I doubt there would have been as much of an outcry if the relic upgrades had required crafters from Day 1. But it hasn't, and this is what could possibly be the final form of the weapon. I don't know about you, but I'm seriously tempted to pay a RMTer so I can get the mats, and I DESPISE RMTers. That's how far I'm being pushed.

Quote Originally Posted by Abomination713 View Post
    I would have prefered killing all the EX primals 10 times each instead of doing these four stupid quests.
    I'm actually surprised they didn't ask us to kill all the EX primals for this. We need 8 desynths. We have Ifrit, Garuda, Titan, Leviathan, Ramuh, Shiva, Good King Mog, and Ultima HM. That's 8 EX modes right there (face it, Ultima's an EX somewhat). They could have had us run each one of those for a GUARANTEED drop. It makes more sense to have us show off our battle skills than to have us buy the mats.
    (1)
    Last edited by RyuDragnier; 12-15-2014 at 05:35 AM.

Character
    Sky Lionheart
    World
    Phoenix
    Main Class
    Lancer Lv 51
    Quote Originally Posted by RyuDragnier View Post
    I'm actually surprised they didn't ask us to kill all the EX primals for this. We need 8 desynths. We have Ifrit, Garuda, Titan, Leviathan, Ramuh, Shiva, Good King Mog, and Ultima HM. That's 8 EX modes right there (face it, Ultima's an EX somewhat). They could have had us run each one of those for a GUARANTEED drop. It makes more sense to have us show off our battle skills than to have us buy the mats.
    ...why aren't you working for the questline department? xD
    (1)

Player
    Character
    Nico Nico
    World
    Goblin
    Main Class
    Alchemist Lv 70
    Quote Originally Posted by RyuDragnier View Post
    ...It makes more sense to have us show off our battle skills than to have us buy the mats.
    I agree with it, however,
    it has removed the sense of show off "battle skill" of that job as now it doesn't require you to have relic equipped when farming the item.
    Many players like this, but IMO it ruins relic.
    (1)

Player
    Character
    H'taru Shidare
    World
    Cactuar
    Main Class
    Conjurer Lv 90
    Over 30 tries on lost city and... nothing

800k gil wasted, a 6400 soldiery, 80k of seals plus the time...

I'm trashing the quest
    (0)

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2