Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 7 8 9
    Player
    Character
    Veronica Venom
    World
    Siren
    Main Class
    Archer Lv 90
    Interesting, the moderator took this simple quote of Naoki Yoshida during a Playstation Blog interview down. I'll just leave this once more for those who think that using a gaming keyboard/mouse is against the rules:

PSB: I noticed earlier that while you were on stage you pantomimed playing with a controller — do you normally play with a controller, or with a keyboard and mouse?
    Naoki Yoshida: Because I am the producer and director, it’s my job to show the people of the world that you can beat this difficult content, these difficult duties, with a controller. So at work, whenever I do my checks on new content and duties, it’s always with a controller. So when I was out there playing on the floor with fans, I was playing with a controller. Those guys out there are hardcore, so I knew they’d be watching closely, but I think I did a good job keeping my DPS up.
    At home I play with a gaming keyboard and mouse, and if you look at my screen it’s just hotbars everywhere [laughs]. But yeah, when it comes down to it, I want to make sure the controller mode works and is usable by all players, so that’s why I test it. The one I don’t use the most is probably a normal keyboard and mouse — I’d probably have a hard time using that.

For those who think a 'macro' is hardware, research a little. What you use in the game is a macro. It is a series of steps initiated by a single step. It's not a device. Learn your computer terms.

For those who don't know what a 3rd party is, anyone not playing the game with you is a 3rd party in the case of a game. You're not in a legal dispute, you're playing a game.
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Misenklauph Drakkfhur
    World
    Ultros
    Main Class
    Marauder Lv 60
    Your post contirbutes nothing.

When you install software onto a system, most often you actually ARE agreeing to a legal contract. Often titled EULA (End User License Agreement) SWLA (SoftWare License Agreement) or ToS (Terms of Service)

Playing with a controller / gamepad is supported. That quote makes no mention of using specific hardware.

Maybe you just aren't on the same page as everyone else? We aren't saying you can't use anything. Most keyboard/mouse/gamepads you can get are probably legit.

Using a macro BUILT INTO THE CLIENT is supported.

Again, an example of something that is a breach, would be, if you have a macro that starts a synthesis for you. So you can go afk, and craft 1000 HQ Darksteel Nuggets (1*, Quick Synthesis not available) wiithout any interaction after you started the macro. Quick Synthesis is specifically not allowed for Darksteel Nuggets. Using in-game mechanics, you can automate this so you can craft 1 HQ Nugget 100% of the time. You can NOT start up a second macro. If you have something else, that enables this sort of functionality, it's cheating.

I don't even understand why you're still arguing this. Especially as it's not remotely related to this thread.

If you want a thread all about how you support cheating, then go ahead and start a new thread.
    (2)

Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 7 8 9