Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast
    Player

I agree botters need to be banned and there are dozens of them that have been active for months, despite reports.

But that does not mean everything should be made worthless/easy to aquire.
    (2)

Player
    Character
    Quince Viville
    World
    Balmung
    Main Class
    Paladin Lv 60
    Quote Originally Posted by scarebearz View Post
    I agree botters need to be banned and there are dozens of them that have been active for months, despite reports.

But that does not mean everything should be made worthless/easy to aquire.
    Thank you for this, alot of people have worked very hard to get their mastercrafts and supras. This doesnt make them botters like people think. So thank you for this statement ^^
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Sibyll Belmont
    World
    Mateus
    Main Class
    Marauder Lv 60
    Quote Originally Posted by QuinceTaru View Post
    Snip
    I understand what you are saying. Just to clarify, what I'm trying to get at is that the desynth classes are horribly off balance. I think they were going for perfect imbalance with how ALC and BSM had a strong foot hold in primal demimateria (with ALC having a monopoly on Crag demis) and GSM having a strong mastercraft market. The problem is that at his point the Primal materia isn't worth anything because the rare drops (Ifrit Horn, Crag heart etc.) are the major gate for crafting those weapons and those materia are more or less useless outside of making the weapons. MCDs on the other hand are part of crafter progression and the items that drop them are a tedious task to acquire if you get all the mats on your own (particular the shards).

My point is that there should be an attainable way for people to get the demimateria regardless of desynth choice. In theory, you could've picked LTW, ALC, and CUL and been SOL in getting mastercrafts, while the guy that went GSM can effectively gear all his crafts with Supras with ease.

I didn't pick GSM because I figured everyone was going that and I wanted to bring something else to the table and would never have imagined they'd have the balance of these classes so skewed.
    (3)

Player
    Character
    Darkmoon Vael
    World
    Cerberus
    Main Class
    Astrologian Lv 60
    A system entirely based on random drops from desynth to be able to reach the next crafting gating is not particularly good design in the first place. Coupled with the innate imbalance with the desynth classes and how it favoures GSM above all else for mastercraft, it doesnt make for a fair or even playing field for the crafting classes. The entire notion of "i went through all the rnd grind to get mine, so should everyone else" is not a powerful or persuasive argument. This game has followed a trend where if you put the time and effort into something you get there before others, not in exclusion to others. Mastercraft demi will most likely get more sources in the future. Plus, there are many many many other gates to get through to become a 4 star crafter (shock horror, you even have to be a competant crafter this time to do 4 star synths!), that easing the drop rate/increasing the sources of master demis would have an unknown impact on end game crafting.
    (5)

Player
    Character
    Stouter Taru
    World
    Exodus
    Main Class
    Thaumaturge Lv 90
    Quote Originally Posted by DarkmoonVael View Post
    The entire notion of "i went through all the rnd grind to get mine, so should everyone else" is not a powerful or persuasive argument. This game has followed a trend where if you put the time and effort into something you get there before others, not in exclusion to others.
    Bingo. First to beat end game content, currently FCoB, gets bragging rights. First to hit end game crafting has the market to make loads of gil.

They will add in new sources in 2.45, 2.5 at the latest so that everyone can get caught up before the expansion. When 3.0 comes out it won't matter if you hit that point first week of 2.4 or last week before 3.0
    (1)

Player
    Character
    Misenklauph Drakkfhur
    World
    Ultros
    Main Class
    Marauder Lv 60
    What do you have to say to people that have broken 30+ Forager's Dolabra's / Artisan's tools, and have only ever received 1 Mastercraft Demimateria?

I have now been crafting the 4* Wootz Plate gear from ARM, and need my retainers wares to turn over so I can list them for sale on the MB. I've been doing this, without Supra's, 1) Because they aren't necessary, and 2) Because the cost is absurd. The only people who seem to be getting Mastercraft Dmei's are GSM's, b/c you can get the glasses much cheaper than you can get any of the other Desynth items.

Once I sell a full set of HQ Wootz Armor, I have every intention of turning around and buying my Mastercraft's for my Supra I think. Even though I don't need them.

When Jade recommended GSM for Desynth, I thought to myself "It might be easier, but there's no WAY SE Skewed this so terribly" . . . . I was wrong.

Anyway, I feel as though GSM Desynth has been spoiled long enough. I wouldn't agree with making it easier, but find some way to make it just as easy on other desynth classes, OR, for the love of Hydalyn, give us something better than Darksteel Nuggets on Foragers Dolabra's. (I've only ever seen 2 Mastercraft Demimateria, once, from my first Foragers Dolabra desynth. Bought my third for my 3rd piece of Artisan's equipment) - and I've spent weeks focusing on Gathering and crafting to make trade ins for Artisan tools and Dolabra's, and haven't been able to get another one. (Hence, now that I can 4* my ARM stuff, and make 5x Profit . . . I'll do that and buy my Mastercraft from the fortunate GSM Desynth's)
    (0)

Player

Thank you for this, alot of people have worked very hard to get their mastercrafts and supras. This doesnt make them botters like people think. So thank you for this statement ^^
    There sure are some easily offended people on here ^_-

I have nothing against legit players who craft like crazy, however there are *many* people bot crafting, using a mouse click macro or whatever.

There are botters selling materia, demimateria, shards etc etc.

The cheats need to be investigated and banned.
    (3)

Player
    Character
    Quince Viville
    World
    Balmung
    Main Class
    Paladin Lv 60
    Quote Originally Posted by Sibyll View Post
    snip
    I understand that people want balance from their desynth choices. If everyone has the same ease to get MCDs as GSM desynth does, then none of the desynths should have a niche at all if everyone wants them to be equal. Its like culinarians wanting MCD's but wanting to keep swimsuits also. I agree with you 100% they are off balance, but if you balance them all equal then whats the point of even having more than 1?

*edit, Sounds really aggressive i dont mean it to sound that way
    (0)
    Last edited by QuinceTaru; 11-28-2014 at 01:57 AM.

Player
    Character
    Quince Viville
    World
    Balmung
    Main Class
    Paladin Lv 60
    Quote Originally Posted by scarebearz View Post
    There sure are some easily offended people on here ^_-

I have nothing against legit players who craft like crazy, however there are *many* people bot crafting, using a mouse click macro or whatever.

There are botters selling materia, demimateria, shards etc etc.

The cheats need to be investigated and banned.
    I agree but when people lump together legit players and bots into one like earlier in the thread its just ignorant.
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Flo Fyloord
    World
    Famfrit
    Main Class
    Machinist Lv 80
    It'd be what type of equip you'd desyn. I'd rather then be balanced to have little uniqueness than to be unbalanced to this degree. Keep in mind that MC is far from the only demimateria you can obtain; As it stands right now, GSM is arguably the best for FCI, FCII, BCI, BCII, BCIII, as well as inferno, vortex and crag demimateria. It doesn't help that there's just so many GSM desynable items compared to everything all, theres no reason to not pick up GSM as one of your 3 desyns.

I mean with your point that culinarian has swimsuits, that's their unique desyn. What does Alchemy have? They can't desyn anything for MC, they have little options for FC, and they used to be the only way to get crags (now GSM stole that from them.) None of the crafts comes close to being as efficient (cost and time wise) to GSM for obtaining any of those, with the exception of FCIII from LTW and WVR, but that's only because they;re vendor items at this point.
    (1)
    Last edited by RiceisNice; 11-28-2014 at 03:15 AM.

Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast