Hello again to all of you FFXIVers out there!
Perhaps it’s because of all the recent LIVE letters, events, and the two recent fan festivals in Las Vegas and London, but I just haven’t had the opportunity to write one of my letters. Finally seizing a moment of free time in my schedule, I’ve managed to put virtual pen to paper and bring you my fifty-ninth letter from the producer!

First, I’d like to thank everyone who was able to attend the fan festivals in Las Vegas and London, as well as everyone who tuned in to the live streams. With numerous activities, presentations, and performances at each event, I’m sure everyone had an incredible time, as did the dev team, having the chance to meet fans the world over. It’s been four years since the original release of FINAL FANTASY XIV, and I don’t think it’s often that such events are held on an international scale for an MMORPG. Your ardent support of the game made this possible, and it feels like a dream come true. Your enthusiastic cheering and smiling faces are a memory I’ll cherish always. With that said, there’s still one more fan festival to go, right here in Tokyo, Japan. We have a lot planned, so you can be sure we’ll continue to put the FFXIV in 2014 during this year’s final two-day event.

Which reminds me, we finally announced our first expansion─FINAL FANTASY XIV: Heavensward at our two previous fan festival events (check out the teaser site). We’ve been making steady progress on the expansion while also releasing patches for A Realm Reborn, but now we’re really picking up the pace, doing everything we can to ensure that Heavensward brings you an all new FFXIV experience. Keep your eyes peeled as we continue to release more information in the future.

Speaking of patches, we’re finally getting to the climax of the main scenario as patch 2.4 was released October 28, 2014. When getting my fill of FFXIV, I’ve found there’s nothing sweeter than the sound of rogues and ninjas assassinating enemies at every turn. I can’t say it’s of great help to those leveling their ninjas, but I’ve been using my tank in low level roulettes, trying to help move the queues along.

Patch 2.4 also brought the final turns of the Coil of Bahamut, and the conclusion to its incredible story. Eorzea’s bravest hit the ground running, and in less than a week, on November 2, 2014 at 9:03 p.m. JST, the coil was cleared. The group to accomplish this amazing feat was Lucrezia, making them the first Japanese group to claim the title of world first. Congratulations on a job well done!
A number of free companies were competing to be the first to clear all four turns, and the dev team would check their logs daily, waiting to see who would be the first to finish. Following close on Lucrezia’s heels was Collision, who were actually first to clear the third floor. They put forth an incredible effort, clearing the final floor mere hours after Lucrezia. The third free company to overcome the final coil was Death and Taxes, a group well known across several MMORPGs.

The exceptional level of skill and teamwork they possess definitely deserves mention. They worked incredibly hard, making weekly runs through the Second Coil of Bahamut (Savage) in preparation for the Final Coil. In pushing their DPS and team coordination to its limits, I heard some teams also played through the normal Second Coil in item level 90 gear, and even the original Binding Coil in item level 55 gear after removing the Echo (with some teams clearing up to the final turn).

While there’s more to FFXIV than just end-game raiding, to those players who practice vigorously every day, aspiring to be the world's top players─as a gamer you have my utmost respect. I know how painstaking such an undertaking can be, and I thank you for taking such great interest in these challenging encounters. For those of you still making your way through, or preparing to step foot into the Final Coil─only about 50 teams have cleared the entirety of the Final Coil across all servers, so there’s no need to rush. Enjoy yourselves, and prepare to uncover the truth of the Calamity.
As I said, there’s more to FFXIV than just end game raiding, and starting in patch 2.45, coming in the first half of December, you can pledge your devotion to your significant other in a Ceremony of Eternal Bonding. We designed this system with roleplaying in mind, paying extra attention to customization and presentation, so that you can hold an amazing ceremony in the world of Eorzea.

If you should happen to receive an invitation, be sure to ready put on Sunday best!

Patch 2.45 also brings the continuation of the Zodiac weapon quest.

Just what shocking developments are coming this time?

In the meantime, I’ve been doing what I can to get the word out about FFXIV with my recent attendance at Korea’s largest game show event, G-Star. There’s also the F.A.T.E. in Fukuoka coming up soon, and in December, we’ll round out the year with the third fan festival event here in Tokyo, Japan. You can look forward to another glimpse of the first expansion, Heavensward.

It’s time for me to head back to work, but I’ll see you next time, at the F.A.T.E. in Fukuoka, at the fan festival in Tokyo, and in Eorzea!