Player
    Character
    Agonni Sylph
    World
    Excalibur
    Main Class
    Lancer Lv 50

Would like the dated gear to be brought back

This isn't really a "do you want it, do you not want it" topic, just a suggestion to any devs who happen to read this since I haven't seen ANY info on it at all or even discussed.

I would like to know if there's a possibility of any dated gear designs returning. There were a lot of very cool designs that id like to see return, and since there's a lack of "leveling gear" styles it would be really cool to see some of the gear return.

For example one of the body sets would have worked perfectly when rog/nin was released. "Dated bone scale mail" They don't have to be dyeable etc as to save on the time needed to add them, just an "as is" type of thing.

Maybe add items like the new "vintage equipment" where you trade in stuff, or make them un tradable but craftable or something (then we can create as needed without clogging up inventory slots). I saved a bunch of the gear but its a shame so many variations of gear got down away with 2.0

Or heck maybe have them available in the cash shop. I'm not a fan of the cash shop but if that's the only way to make them worth adding, then why not? It's a lore friendly way to add more variety to our leveling gear
    (14)

Player
    Quote Originally Posted by Payn View Post
    cash shop
    Please stop telling them to put things in the cash shop, you might actually see them come true.
    (43)

Player
    Character
    Gilraen Bior
    World
    Midgardsormr
    Main Class
    Archer Lv 70
    Why do you want those back? Back in the day they were actually useful but now it's literally all just for vanity, and low rent vanity at that.
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Titor Jaraba
    World
    Balmung
    Main Class
    Alchemist Lv 90
    I for one really really really really want a beret without a feather in it
    (9)

Player
    Character
    Kakita Ucalibur
    World
    Siren
    Main Class
    Paladin Lv 86
    I'm pretty sure every existing dated model exists in game as the model for another piece of equipment. I'm almost positive that the Dated Bone Scale Mail is most identical to the Mosshorn Scale Mail.
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Titor Jaraba
    World
    Balmung
    Main Class
    Alchemist Lv 90
    Quote Originally Posted by Ultimatecalibur View Post
    I'm pretty sure every existing dated model exists in game as the model for another piece of equipment. I'm almost positive that the Dated Bone Scale Mail is most identical to the Mosshorn Scale Mail.
    I do not think there is a beret without a feather at least I have not seen it.
    (2)

Player
    Character
    Agonni Sylph
    World
    Excalibur
    Main Class
    Lancer Lv 50
    I like the variation. For example mosshorn has the big shoulder pads, looks more for tanks than say low level rogues. There's a no name npc in mor dhona next to guolgeim (near the summoning bell) wearing it for reference. Also because a lot of the materials used in the models are actually different, not just recolors. Like the harnesses. They're not just dyed they actually have Dodoskin, moleskin, and others that look DIFFERENT not just a different color.ill look up better examples but that's all I have before my DF pops
    (1)

Player
    Character
    Agonni Sylph
    World
    Excalibur
    Main Class
    Lancer Lv 50
    Typed up a long reply and grabbing links somehow it timed out or something, and deleted it all so this will be short -_-

Stat wise yes they're worthless but that's the point. Id prefer them just to add them for glamour, and spend time adding new things to the game instead. I know they haven't remove the actual items since I have 58 dated body pieces personally. There's just so many variations and very different alternate looks for them that its a shame they're gone, and should be added back. It's like how the sentinel gear looks similar to other tank gear but looks different material wise with spotted fur etc, instead of just a Reskin. It's subtle but noticeable and well made.

A few examples are dated bone scale mail. The small image does it no justice... It looks like a bronze and brown leather vintage scale mail.

http://mooglebox.com/entries/dated-b...scale-mail.php

Dated bone scale mail (this image looks more like it does in game, but again the metal is noticeable instead of just kinda... There

http://mooglebox.com/entries/dated-b...il-(taupe).php

And dated Harriet's jacket.
    http://mooglebox.com/entries/dated-h...28black%29.php
    (4)
    Last edited by Payn; 11-26-2014 at 05:18 PM. Reason: Autocorrect -_-

Player
    Character
    King Canadane
    World
    Hyperion
    Main Class
    Warrior Lv 90
    It was nifty to be able to dress my mage in heavy plate armour thanks to the dated gear.
    I'm all for more options.
    (10)

http://king.canadane.com

Player
    Character
    Yumi Umi
    World
    Adamantoise
    Main Class
    Goldsmith Lv 90
    Quote Originally Posted by Titor View Post
    I do not think there is a beret without a feather at least I have not seen it.
    There is lol go check again.
    (1)

Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 ... LastLast