Player
    Character
    Drax Alendraz
    World
    Midgardsormr
    Main Class
    Lancer Lv 50

Why does this happen

Recently had some issues with players trolling in DF. Either their attitudes suck, there's zero communication and when someone does mess up a fight ensues because there was no communication earlier. And the list goes on. I realize and know full well this is internet and there are assholes/keyboard warriors/people who abuse anonymity to the fullest extent to take shit out on other people. But I want to know why.
    (2)

Character
    Ilitsa Samariya
    World
    Siren
    Main Class
    Dark Knight Lv 90
    You already explained the exact reason:

Quote Originally Posted by Shadowcatz View Post
    this is internet and there are assholes/keyboard warriors/people who abuse anonymity to the fullest extent to take shit out on other people.
    (8)

Player
    Character
    Fandan Magpran
    World
    Leviathan
    Main Class
    Conjurer Lv 50
    I've seen a recent surge in SCoB groups acting this way; last night, we had to kick someone from T6 because they decided to sit in the Briars the whole fight. Why? Because our other tank was new. He wasn't even bad, it was just his first time. Presumably this attitude is because the recent nerfs supposedly made the fights "lolzfaceroll ez."

This is the same community that is terrified of Sastasha Hard.
    (6)

Player
    Character
    Bisera Cecilina
    World
    Adamantoise
    Main Class
    Armorer Lv 76
    -ahem-puts on her best British accent-

"Well, because he thought it was good sport. Because some men aren't looking for anything logical, like money. They can't be bought, bullied, reasoned, or negotiated with. Some men just want to watch the world burn."

<_<; sorry... It felt like the most perfect place to use this haha... =\ sorry for the trolls you guys encounter. ; - ; take heart in knowing that they are the minority of FFXIV players.
    (6)

Player
    Character
    Blackiron Tarkus
    World
    Leviathan
    Main Class
    Marauder Lv 90
    There has been an influx of "bad" players lately. Was in Tam tara hm df and got this one dragoon only spamming TT > VT > FT ONLY!. No buffs/debuffs, No offensive cds, just one button macro spamming. I was really annoyed but I couldn't leave since there was a new person in the group, who actually did their job correctly and I had to help him. I was going to say something to the dragoon but I was taught if you got nothing nice to say don't say anything.

Its trolls like these that make me weep for the future of our race.
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Soube Miseux
    World
    Balmung
    Main Class
    Conjurer Lv 70
    Quote Originally Posted by Inflorescence View Post
    This is the same community that is terrified of Sastasha Hard.
    I'm still trying to figure out what people find difficult about this dungeon.
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Xan Aurion
    World
    Jenova
    Main Class
    Dark Knight Lv 80
    Not a clue.
    I ran into someone on the DF for Turn 5 about an hour or so ago. He was the most arrogant little Lalafell I've ever seen in all my months of playing. (Nearly a year)
    People were obviously new and learning the fight but what does he do?
    A. The so called "pro" doesn't explain anything
    B. Kept calling people fools
    C(And my favorite). Blaming me specifically for things I didn't have control over (getting hit by a dive bomb because someone didn't go far enough down the ditch.)
    And preemptively killing the small snakes when I stopped dead in my tracks after getting revived because I saw the low HP of the snakes.
    Oh also I know full well how to play Ninja, I've been doing things with it nonstop after hitting 50 a few days after it came out and I check the forums frequently, I even use a modified version of Mr. Happy's opener.
    But! I got a "lol ninjas..." for dying to something I had no control over (failed dive bomb).
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Lunar Emerald
    World
    Leviathan
    Main Class
    Reaper Lv 90
    There's two sides to every story.
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Egg Soup
    World
    Exodus
    Main Class
    Scholar Lv 50
    Because some men want to watch the world burn.
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Tizzy Tormentor
    World
    Omega
    Main Class
    Machinist Lv 90
    Quote Originally Posted by Inflorescence View Post
    Presumably this attitude is because the recent nerfs supposedly made the fights "lolzfaceroll ez."
    Me and my friends only started Second Coil recently and for all this talk of it being faceroll easy, it sure is hard getting the fight down well. especially when no one has done it before or read up on it, even myself who flicked through a few guides had a lot of trouble keeping track of everything. I know it takes practice, but we put up several notifications in the Party Finder looking for a members to train in SCoB, but we had several people join thinking it was a farm group (when it was never said to be) and proceed to talk down to us because we didn't have the strat down to perfection.

I know how to do the fight, but some people have trouble and it takes time to learn, its hard to learn when people flipped out on us for trying to learn the fight (again, we specified we weren't farming it) and leave.
    (0)