Player
    Character
    Magmarink Dragregory
    World
    Moogle
    Main Class
    Lancer Lv 80

Buff up the potions or implement a new one

I'm one of those rare guys who's using potions (mainly x-potions) in case of emergency, and with no additional potions comes in updates after updates.. I'm simply making a suggestion that either give more cap to potions, or add a new recipe to alchemist for more potions.. Alchemist's only purpose isnt supposed to be making armour shinny {:v)

These potions are valuable that it can decide life and dead, but with recent updates, the mobs hit harder and harder while x-pot HQ Only heal me 650hp max :s
    (23)

Player
    Character
    Warlyx Arada
    World
    Moogle
    Main Class
    Summoner Lv 90
    x-potions Stat are used a lot in raids

hp / mp potions are lackluster yeah ...the cap is low , 650 hp when u have 10k....better use vit potion than hp one
    (3)

Player
    Character
    Recaldy Arrowsmith
    World
    Balmung
    Main Class
    Dark Knight Lv 70
    I use x-ethers for flash spam and have the status ones on my horizontal hotbar in case I need'em. I would like stronger potions. <_<
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Coatl Days
    World
    Leviathan
    Main Class
    Gladiator Lv 90
    If I'm doing coil I don't leave home without an X-Potion. Even for dungeons I stack up on mega-potions cuz why not? I don't really feel they should be any stronger because they should feel like a bonus..more than a necessity.
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Lemuria Glitterhands
    World
    Ragnarok
    Main Class
    Conjurer Lv 90
    FFXI had the same problem. Lots of potions, but absolutely no reason to own them. Their lengthy cooldown and weak curative ability makes them essentially inventory+1 items at all but the lowest of low levels. And to be honest, I could never understand it. I've played countless MMO's which have far superior curing items, and their impact on gameplay is negligible. People don't use them instead of a healer (which is the backwards logic most use to argue against stronger potions), because healers still do the job better... and for free!

Still, I don't think they'll ever make potions useful in a Final Fantasy MMO. The only useful healing items in FFXI were the megalixirs (full HP/MP) which could only be obtained in PvP and special raids, or Primordial Brew which turned you into a god for 3 minutes. I randomly got one of the latter in Walk of the Echoes... I was champing up the subsequent fight with insane damage, crazy regen and 9999 hitpoints.

...ahh nostalgia.
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Wobble Wibblewobb
    World
    Balmung
    Main Class
    White Mage Lv 60
    I use ethers in raid but would love for the GCD to be a bit less.
    (4)

Player
    Character
    Ai Hana
    World
    Faerie
    Main Class
    Archer Lv 60
    This is no Diablo 1/2 where you have to do potion management and potion spamming. This is a design decision made as part of the game design.
    (1)

Player
    Character
    Santhelle Valentione
    World
    Balmung
    Main Class
    White Mage Lv 70
    Yeah.

They feel pretty worthless with the insane cooldown.

because when you need a potion, you REALLY need a potion or 4 really fast.
    (2)

Player
    Character
    Magmarink Dragregory
    World
    Moogle
    Main Class
    Lancer Lv 80
    Pitily one cant use vit pot together with curative potion, they are on the same gcd..
    People that play with me is kinda suprised knowingly i always stack up x potions..
    These are a bit of example when i used it..
    - I was a luldrg who kite mobs before tank realize that doga clone and haokah are gonna rape whm who use medica ii
    - i was a tank who happen to win when even healers die
    - i was a whm who use x-ether when the other healers are down and dps downed a lot..
    - oh my mistake.. Igot hit by aoe..
    I'm not asking them to be spamable, what i ask is.. They give more use along with updates..
    (0)
    Last edited by lvlagmarink; 11-21-2014 at 09:26 AM. Reason: Fix typo

Player
    Character
    Magmarink Dragregory
    World
    Moogle
    Main Class
    Lancer Lv 80
    Quote Originally Posted by NyarukoW View Post
    This is no Diablo 1/2 where you have to do potion management and potion spamming. This is a design decision made as part of the game design.
    I never even play diablo.. Why should i care about that game? Design can come from suggestion after all.. Who are you to say like it's your desicion?
    (5)

Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 ... LastLast