Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 LastLast
    Player
    Character
    Tizzy Tormentor
    World
    Omega
    Main Class
    Machinist Lv 90
    I use X-Potions when doing fates or leves while levelling an Alt class, helps to keep me alive and get stuff done faster, I use X-Ethers in dungeons sometimes, mainly when going for a triple flare or if I am strained for MP in long or healing intensive fights, I do think they should buff or add stronger ones, since I have so many of them yet have very little opportunity to use them.
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Magmarink Dragregory
    World
    Moogle
    Main Class
    Lancer Lv 80
    Quote Originally Posted by Yumi_umi View Post
    I remember that whenever i play ff games i'd always bring stacks of potions that i could use to spam etc.
    Technically in any game lol
    But this was the 1st time potions felt so underwhelming lol.

Also wouldn't that be a good thing if prices went up cuz potions are easy to make and hq?
    I mean potions aren't 4 star mastercrafts right?
    Like i said, if it's spamable, people will depend on it too much, it's fine if the price is steeply increasing, the one that is not fine is that people will die if not "not taking their potions" soon.. Coatl already explained it a bit..
    X-potions (hp or stat) are 2 star alchemist craft, i've played since a tad before 2.2 and the outgoing patch doesnt even cover pots, the dev tends to give more shinny, big, weird stuff in alchemist craft log instead..
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Captnyan Meowpants
    World
    Tonberry
    Main Class
    Thaumaturge Lv 70
    Quote Originally Posted by Lemuria View Post
    People rarely use potions because they can rarely use potions. The cooldowns are horrendous for even the weakest of potions, and even the strongest ones only restore a tiny amount of HP, barely enough to recover from a single strike. Ethers are a bit more useful, but again only slightly. 450 mp is only really good in absolute emergency situations, since at best you'd only get two cures out of it, and one being tier 1 at that.

It's got nothing to do with 'maxing' your output. DPS are built to do what DPS do best, hit things. They can use skill heals which are far superior to potions (Second Wind, Physick etc), cost nothing to use and have shorter cooldowns, effectively making potions a redundant extra. If you can tell me how these jobs benefit from a weak 450hp heal every 5 minutes when they should be receiving cures from their healer anyway, I'll happily concede.
    Who the heck uses heal potion, x-int/str/dex potions are a whopping 84 to your main stat which is as effective as any cooldown, just because it has a long cooldown doesn't mean you shouldn't use it at all. I can't take a DPS seriously if they don't see the benefit of a stat pot, if you are too poor to use them often then that's ok just say you're poor but they are a powerful cooldown and not one person I know who is a decent endgame player doesn't use them.
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Itseotle Irracido
    World
    Diabolos
    Main Class
    Dragoon Lv 60
    Quote Originally Posted by lvlagmarink View Post
    I take it you never try to save yer healer from being pummeled by 3 doga clone.. Because you need to pop keen furry, bloodbath, life surge, second wind, and xpotions..
    And i know people will blame me for giving my all to save healer or tank who arent doing their jobs..
    yup. and I gave up on it because
    1) There are TWO tanks who should be picking up adds and
    2) Healers don't heal melee DPS if other healers/tanks are getting hit

Not sure how a 600 hp potion heal will really make a difference. thats 1 hit you mitigated
    (0)
    Lodestone Profile
    http://na.finalfantasyxiv.com/lodestone/character/2183636/

Player
    Character
    Leyna Crosse
    World
    Goblin
    Main Class
    Summoner Lv 90
    I dont use potions that much thanks to the extremely long recast times on them. In the beginning levels I used Ethers more frequently, but again, with the current recast time on them I find potions/ethers to be less than useful and I just have a bunch of them stagnating on my character that I probably wont ever use.
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Pande Monium
    World
    Odin
    Main Class
    Alchemist Lv 60
    Quote Originally Posted by SarcasmMisser View Post
    Who the heck uses heal potion, x-int/str/dex potions are a whopping 84 to your main stat which is as effective as any cooldown, just because it has a long cooldown doesn't mean you shouldn't use it at all. I can't take a DPS seriously if they don't see the benefit of a stat pot, if you are too poor to use them often then that's ok just say you're poor but they are a powerful cooldown and not one person I know who is a decent endgame player doesn't use them.
    He is talking about heal potions not about stats potions. Both potions share cd so stat > heal/mp.
    (0)

Player
    Character
    T'aretha Tyaka
    World
    Ragnarok
    Main Class
    Bard Lv 70
    I use mega-dex pots in coil and they are great but I agree that MP HP pots definitely need a buff.
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Razu Erisu
    World
    Omega
    Main Class
    Conjurer Lv 70
    If I had to pick this or potion spam - This D:
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Magmarink Dragregory
    World
    Moogle
    Main Class
    Lancer Lv 80
    Quote Originally Posted by Itseotle View Post
    yup. and I gave up on it because
    1) There are TWO tanks who should be picking up adds and
    2) Healers don't heal melee DPS if other healers/tanks are getting hit

Not sure how a 600 hp potion heal will really make a difference. thats 1 hit you mitigated
    Making things like these more possible {:v)

I'm sorry if the example aint that related, but the idea is I want X-potions or a new kind of potions that can heal more than 650.. I have couple more screenies that potions can almost save the party like wiping in ifrit ex, levi ex, and many more in 1% hp..
    I just dont like the idea "if people who is doing shit or can't dodge better, it's a wipe anyway"..
    (0)
    Last edited by lvlagmarink; 11-24-2014 at 01:50 PM.

Player
    Character
    Magmarink Dragregory
    World
    Moogle
    Main Class
    Lancer Lv 80
    X-ether in healing can push me this far.. this one is a failure tho.. :s
    (0)

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 LastLast