Player
    Character
    Aranea Asmodai
    World
    Odin
    Main Class
    Gladiator Lv 80
    Gear > individual skill and coordination

Just gonna point at the DPS mains that can deal anywhere from 200 DPS (if bad) to 400+ if they know what they're doing, on the same gear setup.
    (4)

Player
    Character
    Lyote Sharaia
    World
    Hyperion
    Main Class
    Sage Lv 90
    Quote Originally Posted by Leo_Hart View Post
    Because requiring T13 quality gear to clear T13 would have made ... sense?
    (3)

Player
    Character
    Alvis Yune
    World
    Adamantoise
    Main Class
    Fisher Lv 70
    Quote Originally Posted by Trixxy View Post

Just gonna point at the DPS mains that can deal anywhere from 200 DPS (if bad) to 400+ if they know what they're doing, on the same gear setup.
    I think you mean <

But yes. Given T13 was beaten in about a two week period, it's pretty clear that its hypertuning is aimed centrally at 2.3 gear levels; gathering Poetics and Dreadwyrm gear will help loosen how perfect players have to do in order to survive/meet deeps checks/etc
    (1)

Character
    Alukah Bast
    World
    Excalibur
    Main Class
    Goldsmith Lv 90
    Quote Originally Posted by Sylve View Post
    Because requiring T13 quality gear to clear T13 would have made ... sense?
    Many assumed T3 would require T10-12 gear to be able to clear it, but this video shows it can be done in pre-2.4 gear.

Hell, I remember in the fanfest they said pre-2.4 gear would only let you clear T10.
    (4)

Player
    Character
    Airget Lamh
    World
    Hyperion
    Main Class
    Botanist Lv 90
    1 group beating it doesn't mean it's still not true. Just because they did it doesn't mean others can and will do it, it's just to prove how much they can hone their skill and coordination. Regardless of how positive SE can be with the difficulty of content, perseverance and practice can overcome the difficulty set by the developers.
    (5)

7. 11-20-2014 11:14 PM

Player
    Character
    Lyote Sharaia
    World
    Hyperion
    Main Class
    Sage Lv 90
    Quote Originally Posted by Alukah View Post
    Many assumed T3 would require T10-12 gear to be able to clear it, but this video shows it can be done in pre-2.4 gear.

Hell, I remember in the fanfest they said pre-2.4 gear would only let you clear T10.
    That would you force you to be at the mercy of RNg to progress, and thats the epitome of bad Raid Design.
    No one wants to be in a situation where you have to tell your raid "Sorry guys, we can't progress until T10 and T11 drop any healer gear at all. So we're just put this on farm until we luck out and get some healer gear"

Really, the clearing group would have had some T10/11 drops fully melded crafted accessories, the very best and most perfected rotations for DPS etc, basically the very very bleeding edge of progression guys. The kind of people who live and breathe finding ways to add an extra 0.1% DPS.
    Take a group of regular people and you wont be able to do that.
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Doki Waku
    World
    Faerie
    Main Class
    Warrior Lv 90
    TIL you can blatantly show yourself using 3rd party tools in videos linked directly on the SE's forums and still not get banned, even after devs have said it's a bannable offense. JP button I guess.
    (3)

Player

Quote Originally Posted by Trixxy View Post

I still can't beat Turn 5 with average item level of 100+.
    (1)

Player
    Character
    Titania Basilikos
    World
    Hyperion
    Main Class
    Thaumaturge Lv 90
    Quote Originally Posted by Doki View Post
    TIL you can blatantly show yourself using 3rd party tools in videos linked directly on the SE's forums and still not get banned, even after devs have said it's a bannable offense. JP button I guess.
    SE operates on a Don't-Ask-Don't-Tell policy with respect to third party tools. As long as you're not breaking the rules of the game (i.e. pos hacking, item duping, etc.) and you're not naming and shaming people over their DPS, third party tools are completely fine. This has been known for a long time.
    (2)

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast