Player
    Character
    Izsha Azel
    World
    Exodus
    Main Class
    Warrior Lv 80
    Quote Originally Posted by Airget View Post
    1 group beating it doesn't mean it's still not true. Just because they did it doesn't mean others can and will do it, it's just to prove how much they can hone their skill and coordination. Regardless of how positive SE can be with the difficulty of content, perseverance and practice can overcome the difficulty set by the developers.
    Actually, that is exactly what it means. 1 group beating it in 2.38 means that it is possible to beat it in 2.38 gear. Nowhere was there a statement that everyone and their dog would suddenly go do it easy peasy. All it does is prove that gear is not the reason people fail. People are the reason people fail. Gear just let's you overcome our lack of personal skill.
    (5)

Player
    Character
    Zarzak Tigerspirit
    World
    Leviathan
    Main Class
    Warrior Lv 60
    Quote Originally Posted by Sylve View Post
    Because requiring T13 quality gear to clear T13 would have made ... sense?
    Requiring some 10-12 gear would...

It makes no sense to be able to beat the content in ilvl 110 gear. Should be up to 120 at least.
    (1)
    Quote Originally Posted by Zantetsuken View Post
    Newer players to MMO games will likely draw from their experiences playing FPS games, GTA, Dragon Age, Skyrim, etc.. and they will evaluate a MMO based on that criteria. But other online games (and offline RPGs) are designed to be picked up, played for maybe 5 months and then abandoned for when the next big game comes along. A Veteran MMO gamer knows that the experience of the game is stretched out over years, and if crafted properly, it leaves players with some of the best gaming experiences to be found anywhere.
    Quote Originally Posted by kazeandi View Post
    This is the problem most content is solo and you get your group action from a cross-server queueing tool. This is not like older MMOs where servers developed real communities. It's more like MacDonald's Drive-Thru, where you queue up, do your run, then never meet those people again.

Player
    Character
    Rhas Itiron
    World
    Excalibur
    Main Class
    Thaumaturge Lv 50
    Quote Originally Posted by coldreactive View Post
    I still can't beat Turn 5 with average item level of 100+.
    While I beat it in i91 gear without dying once on the run we cleared it. Learning the mechanics... ftw.
    (0)

Player

Quote Originally Posted by Rhas View Post
    While I beat it in i91 gear without dying once on the run we cleared it. Learning the mechanics... ftw.
    I read a guide for turn 5, watched two videos... forgot almost all the fight in a day. No joke either. After beating Garuda EX a week ago, I don't remember her fight at all. I won't be able to do my novus stuff either anytime soon, will need to grind the heck out of gil... since I can't tank, will be a bit hard. Can't craft, (Don't want to macro either, so HQ isn't really a possibility) FC isn't good with crafting, etc. Will be moving to Mateus, likely search for an FC when that occurs.
    (0)
    Last edited by coldreactive; 11-21-2014 at 05:28 AM.

Player
    Character
    Rhas Itiron
    World
    Excalibur
    Main Class
    Thaumaturge Lv 50
    Quote Originally Posted by coldreactive View Post
    I read a guide for turn 5, watched two videos... forgot almost all the fight in a day. No joke either. After beating Garuda EX a week ago, I don't remember her fight at all. I won't be able to do my novus stuff either anytime soon, will need to grind the heck out of gil... since I can't tank, will be a bit hard. Can't craft, (Don't want to macro either, so HQ isn't really a possibility) FC isn't good with crafting, etc. Will be moving to Mateus, likely search for an FC when that occurs.
    I never read any guides, nor watched any videos on turn 5. I learn by doing and improving myself by actually doing the content. When I beat it, I still had my unupgraded uat on my then main, my blm.

What does player skill have to do with novus... or grinding gil... or not being able to tank... or even crafting (I craft everything important by hand, btw, not with macros, the only thing I even use macros for is when I'm putting out HQ lowbie stuff to sell on the market)... When I beat garuda EX the first time I was on my barely met requirement job... a whm no less lol

You can't really get carried so much being a healer doing harder (EX+) content. Again, its about player skill. Not whatever you trying editing your post into. Which really doesn't make any sense to me.
    (1)
    Last edited by Rhas; 11-21-2014 at 05:45 AM.

Player
    Character
    Blackiron Tarkus
    World
    Leviathan
    Main Class
    Marauder Lv 90
    Sounds like those guys LAN partied (very common in Asia) the turns like the good o'l days. Everyone within proximity of each other and able to directly give feed back is much more productive than voip across different regions.
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Zumi Kasumi
    World
    Sargatanas
    Main Class
    Paladin Lv 90
    The difference between them and regular players is that they are using melded accessories which cost millions to meld. Doing this actually makes them better then higher ilvl stuff. Most people in the game are not willing to spend millions of gil trying to penta meld accessories.
    (4)

Player
    Character
    Kori Fleming
    World
    Cerberus
    Main Class
    Marauder Lv 80
    Quote Originally Posted by Zumi View Post
    The difference between them and regular players is that they are using melded accessories which cost millions to meld. Doing this actually makes them better then higher ilvl stuff. Most people in the game are not willing to spend millions of gil trying to penta meld accessories.
    Is there some other use for gil I'm unaware of?
    (1)

Player
    Character
    Almalexia Indoril
    World
    Hyperion
    Main Class
    Pugilist Lv 70
    Quote Originally Posted by SpookyGhost View Post
    More drinking apkallus.
    (1)

Player
    Character
    Coatl Days
    World
    Leviathan
    Main Class
    Gladiator Lv 90
    Quote Originally Posted by SpookyGhost View Post
    Plenty when you're not aiming for worlds first.
    (5)

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast