Player
    Character
    Kiriah Aishi
    World
    Adamantoise
    Main Class
    Warrior Lv 90

Show learned pminions/mounts/barding in item description

I don't know about anyone else, but I collect certain vanities such minions, mounts, and bardings. Because of how these items are used, basically they become attached to your character after use. The problem is, my tiny little pudding brain can only retain so much info, so when I look at the MB for minions, I go "aww cute" and buy one, then two months later I see it again, go "aw cute" and buy it again, but because I've already learned it, I have to deal with relisting it, probably out some gil (I'm cheap!), and stuff.

What I'm proposing is that, in the description box (not sure proper name but it tells you what it is, gives some story, etc), rather than telling us how many we carry, tell us if we already own it. Maybe even addition to the part that tells you how many are in your possession (again, pudding brain here).

"But Violyre, why don't you just go check your minions/mounts/bardings lists right before you buy?" you may ask.

You're right, I could! This is one of those little QoL suggestions though.
    (41)
    Violyre Plays FFXIV!: https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLvwF1ELv6j4LrErSQ5EIbPap2wwRcM4oH

Remember all of those things that people said would kill the game? Yeah. I'm compiling a list.
    The Many Deaths of FFXIV: A Historical Thread
    http://forum.square-enix.com/ffxiv/threads/198895-The-Many-Deaths-of-Final-Fantasy-XIV

Player
    Character
    Mirakell Aritel
    World
    Leviathan
    Main Class
    Astrologian Lv 70
    I too have made this mistake :3 Would be a nice addition
    (1)

Player
    Character
    Nuinn Nomi
    World
    Excalibur
    Main Class
    Bard Lv 64
    I don't have such problem but, I guess a check mark either by the name in the MB or in the description box wouldn't hurt.
    (2)
    Proud member of the Abyss FC — Excalibur

If you need a place to chat about all sorts of ridiculous, dorky and nonsensical topics, feel free to join the Absolutely Fabulous LS
    Send a /tell and bring your happy pills~!

Player
    Character
    Amazon Dotcom
    World
    Leviathan
    Main Class
    Blacksmith Lv 50
    Can we add "Unable to roll need on untradable pets that are already learned" to the list of pet QoL changes? There are already some horror stories of people rolling on (and winning) things like Wind-up Onion Knight and Wind-up Ultros when they already have them.
    (16)

Player
    Character
    Odsarzol Que
    World
    Balmung
    Main Class
    Arcanist Lv 80
    There's a nice little check box known as your Minion Guide - The game already shows you what minions (and mounts) you have.
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Fynlar Eira
    World
    Hyperion
    Main Class
    Red Mage Lv 90
    There's a nice little check box known as your Minion Guide - The game already shows you what minions (and mounts) you have.
    Uh huh, and even when you remember to look in there it's very easy to miss one due to the sheer amounts of minions available.

This change would get my vote. Hell, FFXI was doing it for years with spell scrolls in the auction house list.
    (5)

Thanks for the suggestions in this thread; I have forwarded them on to the devs!

There is currently a message that appears when you try to re-purchase untradeable mounts and minions, but when it comes to the sellable/tradeable ones they’ll have to look into it. They’re also looking into a similar solution for accidentally re-purchasing barding (as you mentioned) and master craft books.
    (39)
    Colby "Grekumah" Casaccia - Community Team

Player
    Character
    Zumi Kasumi
    World
    Sargatanas
    Main Class
    Paladin Lv 90
    You could do something like FFXI. If you don't know a spell in FFXI the letters of the spell appeared in gold, while if you already knew a spell the letters appeared in green letting you know you already know that spell and don't need to buy another one.
    (15)

Player
    Character
    Malfoy Fleurentine
    World
    Sargatanas
    Main Class
    White Mage Lv 80
    Great idea. I swear I've accidentally re-bought one or two at some point even after looking through the minion guide. D:

Quote Originally Posted by Zumi View Post
    You could do something like FFXI. If you don't know a spell in FFXI the letters of the spell appeared in gold, while if you already knew a spell the letters appeared in green letting you know you already know that spell and don't need to buy another one.
    This would be an awesome idea for a solution.

Or either add a function if you right click on it from the mb and do a search, that would highlight it in your minion guide if you already have it. Or even just an alert flashing across the middle of your screen and/or a checkbox "You already possess this minion, do you really want to buy another one?" Or something. Glad that it's being looked into.
    (3)

___Malfoy __/thefleurentine.tumblr.com
    because diamonds are forever, as is dust.
    ~ . S A R G A T A N A S . ~

Player

Remove all the minions and all mounts except chocobos.

Problem solved.

(sorry i dont see the point of all the mininos and mounts especially now that youre all complaining about having too many basically.)
    (0)

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast