Character
    Isagael Rose
    World
    Sagittarius
    Main Class
    Botanist Lv 90

Famitsu answer on Foods place in game

Quote Originally Posted by Reinheart View Post
    Famitsu: Culinarian’s difficulty is too high compared to other crafters, will it ease a little in the future?

Matsui: Person in charge also feels this is a problem and planning to look over this. There are things we cannot change ingredients for example we cannot take out noodle from Ramen (noodle soup). Later planning to add recipe’s with fewer ingredients which will be help in skilling up. For Culinarian and Alchemist they will make expendable/consumable item so we have to adjust balance looking at this also.

Yoshida: The person in charge offered to make food changes quickly and already got ideas for the changes but before that we have to make recipe changes first and not planning to change that. What kind of effect the food the Culinarian make is part of their identity and how that will involve with battle. But if we make them involve too much in battle the food will be a requirement and we be to a point where party members have to have it. I don’t want to make that kind of situation, so need to think this through along with battle changes.
    Dear Yoshi and other Devs: Food should be semi-required for general battles/crafting/gathering etc. (As should ALC goods). If we wish to use the logic that food shouldn't be necessary, than neither should gears. (And while technically you COULD run around naked, most of us don't). Instead make it that different foods give different OBVIOUS benefits...maybe even go back to the different races/ethnicities/classes do best on different foods. Something, but this don't want to make where people have to have it, makes Culinarian a sub-class....we've been a sub-class long enough. Thank you, KK Culinarian rank 43
    (4)

Player
    Character
    Narshala Beaumont
    World
    Balmung
    Main Class
    Botanist Lv 50
    If food is not going to become required in some way than Culinarian is all but useless as its own job. The fact that nearly a year after launch there is still a job that has almost no use is ridiculous, I have been pretty peeved about it from the start, the only reason I don't comment much about it anymore is I honestly don't expect much at this point.

Tons of changes in this game have been announced months before implementation and we still have very little info on what they plan to do for cooks other than recipe adjustments. The lack of any real info makes me believe that Yoshi and team are just scratching their head and really have no idea atm what they are going to do with food.

What I want to know is what are you going to do to make the job worthwhile? Unless food is required or so damn good its stupid not to use it we cooks won't have a place in this game, at which point the only other option I see is renaming the class and adding other recipe strings that are required in the game, perhaps pushing cooking as part of this 'new job' but making it a smaller part of the whole.

I don't know whats going on, I just know I am impatient, as well as a bit sick of hearing of all these other changes coming x amount of patches from now when a core job that has been screwed since the game went into beta testing needs a massive overhaul.
    (3)
    Last edited by Vesper; 08-13-2011 at 03:57 PM.

Player
    Character
    Aurora Borealis
    World
    Diabolos
    Main Class
    Goldsmith Lv 50
    Quote Originally Posted by Kinseykinz View Post
    Instead make it that different foods give different OBVIOUS benefits...maybe even go back to the different races/ethnicities/classes do best on different foods. Something, but this don't want to make where people have to have it, makes Culinarian a sub-class....we've been a sub-class long enough. Thank you, KK Culinarian rank 43
    I agree with this..Even if food wasn't great for battles but became focused and useful on crafting and gathering jobs it would still be a huge improvement to now. personally I already use food on my crafting jobs when trying to HQ something but I would use it more often and on gathering jobs if the food was just a bit more potent
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Yoohree Reborn
    World
    Zalera
    Main Class
    Culinarian Lv 70
    i love cooking but my bazzars stays unchanged for weeks.. no one buys food.. >.<
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Reinheart Valentine
    World
    Sargatanas
    Main Class
    Warrior Lv 86
    Quote Originally Posted by Yoohre_WildRiver View Post
    i love cooking but my bazzars stays unchanged for weeks.. no one buys food.. >.<
    Don't think it's because no one buys your food... it's more like no one looks at bazaar's in general because 99% of the time all they see is some gear/item at 99999999999999999
    (0)

Player

I sold Meat and Tuna miq'abobs.
    Then i sold Knights Bread.

I have not problems with that.
    Just try to make Shepard's Pie, Crowned Cake, Mulled Tea, Tomato Pie or Knights Bread.
    The top foods.
    (2)
    Aurora Dragoon - Rabanastre Server

Player
    Character
    Index Labyrinthya
    World
    Midgardsormr
    Main Class
    Lancer Lv 50
    Knights Bread, god knows the GLAs in ym ls are wanting me to rank cul faster just to make it
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Lazy Goat
    World
    Sargatanas
    Main Class
    Botanist Lv 50
    I'm with Yoshi. I don't want to see food a demanded requirement for battle. How about something that cuts on downtime? If I want to sit, I want to sit and eat!

Or perhaps a temporary boost to crafting?
    (0)
    "Our vision is more obstructed by what we think we know than by our lack of knowledge."

~Krister Stendahl