Player
    Character
    Vynce Walker
    World
    Sargatanas
    Main Class
    Miner Lv 50
    Quote Originally Posted by carraway View Post
    I want to say that each hit increases the buff but I'd need to double-check first. Should be easy to test.
    Ty, it seemed that way from the runs I was doing yesterday but wanted to make sure it just wasn't the natural attack range playing mind games with me.

Crit atk is one of the most powerful stats for physical DPS if you have ways of artificially forcing crits, either through Blindside or increased crit chance % weaponskills, a la DRG/MNK in particular. For BRD, we don't have those same options, unfortunately, so I would personally stay away from weighting crit atk heavily.
    Yeah I figured there'd not be much point. Which is sad because I do love crits, but brds have enough enmity problems already.

Everyone's valuations are going to probably differ slightly based on time/money, but I do think that if you have the mats lying around or a lot of gil, HQ arrows are certainly worth it. 3 base damage is not insignificant, especially if you have a fast bow like Garuda's Spine.
    I really just wanted to make sure it wasn't insignificant. I'll probably keep a stack laying around for bosses, but I wanted to make sure it wasn't a waste of time/effort.

As a general Q to the thread, is store tp really that beneficial? With light shots between Weapon skills, I find thatI never really run out. And when I do run out, all of my skills are on cd anyway. On top of that, quelling strike pretty much solves the problem if you need tp in a hurry. All in all I can't see a living reason for store tp materia, as our combo cds are pretty long. In which case, what is there really to slot besides +attack? -Enmity gear? Crit attack is meh, crit rate sounds like a hate-management nightmare, store tp doesn't seem all that useful to me (except for maybe Garuda), ACC is basically a non-issue, and anything else I can think of we don't really need. HP? MP for more support? Evasion?

Im tryin to figure out useful melds, but outside of DEX PIE ATT there doesn't really seem to be any. I'm slightly annoyed none of the stats affect songs, since Bard is built around songs. What to do what to do
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Deepening Shadow
    World
    Balmung
    Main Class
    Warrior Lv 70
    As a general Q to the thread, is store tp really that beneficial? With light shots between Weapon skills, I find thatI never really run out. And when I do run out, all of my skills are on cd anyway. On top of that, quelling strike pretty much solves the problem if you need tp in a hurry. All in all I can't see a living reason for store tp materia, as our combo cds are pretty long. In which case, what is there really to slot besides +attack? -Enmity gear? Crit attack is meh, crit rate sounds like a hate-management nightmare, store tp doesn't seem all that useful to me (except for maybe Garuda), ACC is basically a non-issue, and anything else I can think of we don't really need. HP? MP for more support? Evasion?

Im tryin to figure out useful melds, but outside of DEX PIE ATT there doesn't really seem to be any. I'm slightly annoyed none of the stats affect songs, since Bard is built around songs. What to do what to do

In prolonged fights store TP becomes much more useful, but I wouldn't say that it's worth losing ATK to slot it in hands. If I'm not going to use Ballad (which is almost never), I'll just put on my DL Corselet; you can notice a difference, but again, it isn't huge and it's not worth spending money on.

Uh, besides DEX/PIE/ATK, I would get an HP belt. It's really helpful for fights you're not familiar with, or when you know you're going to take a lot of damage. And the stats on the belts available aren't significant enough for it to really hurt you to have an HP belt if it makes you feel safer.

Outside of that, there really isn't much to gearing out your BRD.
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Evy Rain
    World
    Phoenix
    Main Class
    Sage Lv 90
    I was under the impression that the DEX cap is somewhere around 310, but in this thread people are saying we should ignore it and get ATT instead. I have +30 DEX melds on hands, should I change them to ATT melds instead?

Can anyone link to any testing on these caps? The ones I've read date to Ifrit weapons.
    (0)
    Evy Rain from Phoenix

Player
    Character
    Chad Thunderkoch
    World
    Hyperion
    Main Class
    Marauder Lv 70
    If you shot 100 times in a fight

Garuda's bow would return 31000TP

If you wore a Corselet, Garuda's bow would return 32200TP

An extra WS at the cost of uncapping PIE (well, likely) on higher end bows.
    (0)

Page 41 of 41 FirstFirst ... 31 39 40 41