Page 31 of 41 FirstFirst ... 21 29 30 31 32 33 ... LastLast
    Player

Quote Originally Posted by Sumii View Post
    Forgive me if I missed it, I did search but came up short with nothing but a bunch of PLD talk. Is there anywhere a pretty clear point allocation listed? On LNC it seemed that capping STR and then putting the remainder into PIE was pretty much it, however with STR also having a bearing on BRD I'm a bit at a loss. Should I put only points into DEX and PIE and then meld STR? I see the caps and diminishing returns, but from a base stat allocation view is what I'm looking for.

Thanks in advance for any help!
    Put your points into dex then Pie. (You can also do pie then dex, but either is fine)

Dex caps at 300 for ws damage with an Ifrit bow and Piety caps at 330.

After that you want Atk or str. Str falls into the 3:2 ratio of 3str=2atk. It is easier to add atk and this is why carraway suggest you meld it to your gloves.
    (1)

Player
    Character
    Milky Tea
    World
    Gilgamesh
    Main Class
    Marauder Lv 50
    Quote Originally Posted by Meatdawg View Post
    Put your points into dex then Pie. (You can also do pie then dex, but either is fine)

Dex caps at 300 for ws damage with an Ifrit bow and Piety caps at 330.

After that you want Atk or str. Str falls into the 3:2 ratio of 3str=2atk. It is easier to add atk and this is why carraway suggest you meld it to your gloves.
    Thanks I just wanted to make sure before I messed up my Keepers of the Hymn...
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Shanoa Varhara
    World
    Excalibur
    Main Class
    Samurai Lv 90
    Quote Originally Posted by carraway View Post
    Fixed a few minor mistakes and clarified some gear choices.

Looks like with good gear (x2 melds in applicable slots, HQ jewelry, Ifrit's Bow, etc.) BRDs should be pushing 110ish stationary DPS on Miser's Mistress. This is with BV Paeon. The number drops substantially if you need to support with cures/stoneskins, of course.
    The guide still needs a tweak in regards to the proper usage of Quelling Strike's additional bonus. Doing a raw Raging Strike > Quelling Strike > Light Shot provides no additional TP aside from the 450 from Quelling Strike. Like Spider-Dan mentioned earlier, Raging Strike needs to be "charged up" with Light Shots (3 to max it) then Quelling Strike should be used. Activating Quelling Strike at that point gives you 300 TP. It's not really an issue mid-fight since Raging Strike will most likely already be maxed out.
    (1)

Player
    Character
    Carraway Author
    World
    Excalibur
    Main Class
    Armorer Lv 90
    That's what I meant, but I recognize that it was unclear the way it was written. I fixed it, thanks.
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Viper Beam
    World
    Balmung
    Main Class
    Machinist Lv 70
    Normally, I solve the problem by opening my battles with Raging Strike -> Barrage -> fire Barrage -> Quelling Strike -> Light Shot -> Raging Strike.
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Adam Antoise
    World
    Sargatanas
    Main Class
    Archer Lv 40
    I've been having a little trouble trying to understand the Raging Strike mechanic. Do you have to reuse it after a certain point or does it start itself over after a miss/kill? I thought you could just leave it up, so I'm curious why you use it again.

Sorry I couldn't find the answer anywhere else.
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Gil Witten
    World
    Exodus
    Main Class
    Marauder Lv 50
    @Aern,

You want to use it after hitting a Light Shot with Quelling Strike Buff. Because Quelling Strike cancels out Raging Strike.

So basically, as Spider-Dan says, use Quelling Strike, Light Shot, Raging Strike.
    (1)

Player
    Character
    Adam Antoise
    World
    Sargatanas
    Main Class
    Archer Lv 40
    Ah that makes sense. I just got Quelling Strike and until I used it I didn't know it cancels Raging Strike. Thanks!
    (1)

Player
    Character
    Carraway Author
    World
    Excalibur
    Main Class
    Armorer Lv 90
    Right. You charge Raging Strike by using Light Shots, consume it with Quelling Strike, then put it up again after firing the Quelling Light Shot.
    (1)

Player
    Character
    Maitre Gael
    World
    Ragnarok
    Main Class
    Black Mage Lv 70
    Weapon: Ifrit's Bow > Mischievous Mogbow
    Is it still true ?

They added the DPS with the 1.22 and we can see :
    - Ifrit's Bow = 36,74