Character
    Yolanda Freebush
    World
    Malboro
    Main Class
    Gladiator Lv 80
    Quote Originally Posted by Zetsumei_Tsunarashi View Post
    Add-ons won't work on consoles.
    I think that was a joke, as that is what SE always says about future content.
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Ohlala Chico
    World
    Zodiark
    Main Class
    Alchemist Lv 90
    but add ons like mods are going to work for Fallout 4 on the consoles (Pc mods will be allowed and come to the consoles).., so why shouldnt they allow them on PS4?

f... ck sony, if they dont allow FFXIV parsers..
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Lem Ayase
    World
    Kujata
    Main Class
    Paladin Lv 90
    Quote Originally Posted by Shiroe View Post
    but add ons like mods are going to work for Fallout 4 on the consoles (Pc mods will be allowed and come to the consoles).., so why shouldnt they allow them on PS4?

f... ck sony, if they dont allow FFXIV parsers..
    You do know you bumped a very old post right? none the less, I will reply to you.

Because, ACT is not a "mod" it is a win32/64-bit executable file, it will not run on PS4's operating system, i doubt the PS4 would handle it even, Also use of it is against the rules, if you're reported for it you will be banned, there are numerous examples of this on Reddit.
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Poe Rangutan
    World
    Gilgamesh
    Main Class
    Marauder Lv 50
    the apps aren't built by Square Enix, so quit blaming them. They are built by a 3rd party. If a 3rd party wanted to make a DPS parsing app for PS4 and allow people to download it, they could (if it is even possible on ps4. I'm sure if you jailbroke you PS4, it may be even more possible, but nobody has done it yet). In fact, you could do it yourself if you wanted, there is nothing stopping you. (other than the Terms of Service, which prohibit it, but Square seems to be taking a blind eye to this right now, since they haven't built an official parser of their own) Square didn't go out and give anyone information on how to create the ACT parser, people just did it, because they wanted it.
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Valkyrie Lenneth
    World
    Ultros
    Main Class
    Marauder Lv 90
    The funny part about the guy that went full ToS violations.Is that SE, know players use it and are "ok" with if not use for harassment. SE even imply that our current parser might be broken on machinest as there data show they can do pretty high #s.
    I wish there was a way ps4 could use it, I know many players interested in there #s, or maybe show parse numbers AFTER a successful completion of a dungeon/raid.
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Deeno Strife
    World
    Jenova
    Main Class
    Monk Lv 53
    I'm sorry but as a veteran MMORPG player and new to FFXIV, I have to disagree.
    DPS meters are a great way to receive feedback and constructive criticism is always welcomed. For the most part I've had nothing but welcoming experiences from the FFXIV veterans. They always seem to be willing to help. If someone is too sensitive and can't handle the feedback that DPS meters bring, then they shouldn't be raiding in the first place. DPS meters in every MMORPG that I've played have always been my bread and butter in terms of making myself a better DPS teammate. SQUAREENIX im calling you out like Sway in the Morning, you wack *** rappers, bring the DPS meters STAT. haha!
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Sylvestre Solscribe
    World
    Ragnarok
    Main Class
    Summoner Lv 90
    My personal feeling is that when a group continuously fail at a DPS check, it's very hard to know exactly who doesn't contribute enough.
    So not only is the whole group penalised, but the low dps cannot even know he isn't doing enough damage.
    While it might be obvious for most people on forum (usually, people on forum are more invested in the game than your average joe), many player play the game intuitively, they just do what seems right. It doesn't mean it is though.
    Gear isn't a great indicator (to some extent) as, unless the person has savage gear, it doesn't represent one skill.

I understand the limitation in pug situation, but it's very annoying that a premade group can't have access to a parser if no one plays on a PC
    (0)
    Last edited by Sylvain; 06-02-2017 at 03:44 PM.

Player
    Character
    Ama Sagahl
    World
    Sargatanas
    Main Class
    Samurai Lv 70
    I know this is old, but I will contribute as well:

PS4 needs a damage meter. And I've barely seen anyone harassing a dps for low dps... I'm sure it happens, but you can just blacklist this person and go on with your life.

Why is it important? Because the dummies in the game are garbage. I can easily pull as SAM 4700dps on the O1S dummy, but in the real fight with my static it ends up being 1k less.
    The dummies don't prepare you for it, so SE should either implement some real bosses (same principle as SSS) or a damage meter.

I want to improve, I love my job and I like the high end raids. I really do. But it is very hard for me to see when my dps falls off, and on which part in my rotation I have to work on.

Everyone uses act who does high end raids and SE knows. So make it equal for both PC users and PS4 users and trust your playerbase with it. You can take the feature away again. Or find a middle ground and give us a damage meter in staged boss fights.
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Aliiza Duskryn
    World
    Jenova
    Main Class
    Weaver Lv 52
    The problem with dps meters is it's a double edged sword. On one hand when used right they can be of massive help, but unfortunately more often than not they're used in justification to boot someone because their dps is slightly lower or to complain on forums about how their job's dps is in poor performance and then asks for a buff.

Now if they made an in game meter that only showed your own personal dps, was non-linkable then maybe I would be in favor of it to help, as long as it's not forced like you can toggle it on or off.
    (0)
    Last edited by Shouko; 11-23-2017 at 05:16 AM.

Player
    Character
    Ama Sagahl
    World
    Sargatanas
    Main Class
    Samurai Lv 70
    They are used anyway, any gamer on PC who is doing high end content pretty much. It exists and it is being used massively. So you might as well embrace it and have everyone access it, not just PC gamers. People who are harassing others for low dps are trolls anyways and would be salty without a dps meter - in my experience.

Or SE gives us another valid way to determine our dps, and static SSS dummies in the most ideal surrounding are no accurate mirror of your dps performance.
    (0)

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast