Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    Player
    Character
    Potato Tomato
    World
    Tonberry
    Main Class
    Gladiator Lv 60

Fastest way to get Alex as for 2.4 update?

Any ideas how? I do the daily and farm some SOLs through 3 random new HARD dungeons. What's yours?
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Smitty Razzlefoot
    World
    Malboro
    Main Class
    Conjurer Lv 60
    What you should do, if you haven't already, is just run st till you get a uat and sand and then buy the weathered weapon. Then just use that while working on alexandrite at a steady pace. This way you shouldnt be in any type of hurry since the uat weapon has basically the same stats as a novus weapon.
    (2)

Player
    Character
    Reid Ornitier
    World
    Ultros
    Main Class
    Thaumaturge Lv 60
    There really isn't a quick way, best thing is do what you're currently doing which is daily roulette expert, if an S Rank pops make sure to join a party and kill him to get 50 allied seals then trade for an alexandrite at 200 seals each, buy maps for 800 sol tomes, there's the Fate drops but those are super rare.
    (2)

Player
    Character
    Potato Tomato
    World
    Tonberry
    Main Class
    Gladiator Lv 60
    @Dalareid

The good thing is that it went from 800 to 400 sols! Which alleviates the burden of "more" grinding. I remember when I grind Brayfox, 8 hours a day! Just to rush tomes and have my animus book. Since I have a full-time job now (LOL), I play FF14 the casual-way and I find it more convenient because of daily rewards.

@Someguy

Thank you for replying! I get your point but I am afraid I don't have much time to run ST instance because of the time and the RNG of loots. I ran ST the whole day, got UAT and Oil of Time but all of those runs I only got 1 Sands of Time which made me uprade my armor since I need to stack Poetics for my armor progression. By the way, does the loot roll is completely RNG or is there trick or something to get on the highest roll?
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Tarta Le'marzipan
    World
    Goblin
    Main Class
    Gladiator Lv 46
    Quote Originally Posted by keroo View Post
    @Dalareid

The good thing is that it went from 800 to 400 sols! Which alleviates the burden of "more" grinding. I remember when I grind Brayfox, 8 hours a day! Just to rush tomes and have my animus book. Since I have a full-time job now (LOL), I play FF14 the casual-way and I find it more convenient because of daily rewards.
    It's actually more grinding. 400 soldiery is double what 800 myth was. Since 800 myth converts to 200 soldiery, and you do not have the resources you had back when it was 800 myth (more seals and myth on hunts for example). Novus is just a bigger hurdle than it was.
    (5)
    wow Tarta
    so man
    such big
    wow
    much scarry

Player
    Character
    Fisher Hide
    World
    Hyperion
    Main Class
    Astrologian Lv 70
    Do your daily expert and if you have enough soldiery, buy alex as well. Will go by fast in no time.
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Valkyrie Faleva
    World
    Adamantoise
    Main Class
    Gladiator Lv 50
    Trial Roulette
    You should get good Soldiery bonus from this
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Nico Nico
    World
    Goblin
    Main Class
    Alchemist Lv 70
    Kill 1-2 fates on the way when doing alex map, ocassionally an alex drop! ^^;
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Cynthis Ravenbrook
    World
    Ragnarok
    Main Class
    Conjurer Lv 60
    I got through it by doing all the hunts I could. People shy away from A ranks but 10 A ranks will get you 1,5 Alex (200 allied seals=1 Alex and 200 sold tomes is 0,5 Alex) so the same as 600 sol tomes. 600 tomes is probably about 10 ST with a few newbie bonuses or 1,5 days of full roulettes and you can do a lot of things while waiting for the hunts.
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Aedien Greyfael
    World
    Balmung
    Main Class
    Arcanist Lv 50
    Hunts peppered with as many fates as you can do between. Did this for five hours yesterday, total of six alex in one day's playtime.
    (0)

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast