Player
    Character
    Brian Jones
    World
    Hyperion
    Main Class
    White Mage Lv 90

Please consider L1 + Triangle and X for cycling party list

One of the problems facing controller users, especially healers, is cycling through the party list while running. This problem is exposed in Leviathan Ex during spinning dives and water bombs where parties members need attention from the healer while simultaneously having do dodge mechanics. A controller user has to stop running, take their thumb off the analog stick, cycle through the list, cast a spell on the target, replace the thumb on the analog stick, and continue running. The alternative is to awkwardly use the right index finger for cycling - this works fairly well for cycling up, but cycling down is a bit of a problem.The game already implements an ingenious scheme for cycling through monsters on the screen on controller (L1 + R2 or R1 + L2). Can you please look into extending the L1 control scheme for cycling up and down using triangle and X buttons? It should be a hard select.
    (5)

Player
    Character
    Morri Umi
    World
    Cerberus
    Main Class
    Scholar Lv 60
    You are a genius Please make this happen SE!
    (0)

3. 11-25-2014 08:57 AM
    Reason
    see below

Character
    Viridia Black
    World
    Malboro
    Main Class
    Gladiator Lv 52
    For PS3/4 healing, If you are not in love with your shared hotbar, try this party select/hotbar swapmacro (WARNING: this will use all 8 of your crossgotbars).

The premise is that you make a macro that selects the next party member and changes the hotbar simultaniously. this is needed since ther is no macro for "select next party member"

Outside of the following 8 macros, all your hotbars will have to be set up fairly identcally, which means you only have 15 usable buttons. because of this, further macros will have to be used to compile similar or conveniently stacked skills set to other macros, which i will discuss after the target/crosshotbar swap macros.
    (1)
    Last edited by radioactive_lego; 11-25-2014 at 09:53 AM.

Character
    Straigus Rheyist
    World
    Jenova
    Main Class
    Pugilist Lv 81
    Could try using the finger you would otherwise use to hold L1, to cycle through party list with the D-pad.
    (0)
    Last edited by Houston009; 11-25-2014 at 09:25 AM.

Character
    Viridia Black
    World
    Malboro
    Main Class
    Gladiator Lv 52
    continued from above. (ignore houston, he doesnt get it).

macro 1, chotbar1
    /chotbar change 2
    /target <2>
    --macro image "1" from the macro images library (this gives a visual indication that player 1 is currently selected)

macro 2, chotbar 2
    /chotbar change 3
    /target <3>
    --macro image "2"...

...similar for macros 3 - 7 ...

macro 8, chotbar 8
    /chotbar change 1
    /target <1>
    -- macro image "8" from library. this macro allows you to start back at the top with 1.

placing these 8 macros on the same spot on all 8 hotbars allows you to cycle thru all 8 party members without ever having to deactivate the chotbar.
    (1)

Character
    Straigus Rheyist
    World
    Jenova
    Main Class
    Pugilist Lv 81
    ignore me because i am capable of healing and moving by doing what i stated above? smh, the little people don't understand.
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Zetsumei Tsunarashi
    World
    Sargatanas
    Main Class
    Summoner Lv 90
    If you use an xbox style controller instead of a PS3 style controller, the d-pad is very easily accessible with your right thumb. You lose control of the camera momentarily, but that's much more acceptable compared to losing movement controls.
    (1)

Character
    Viridia Black
    World
    Malboro
    Main Class
    Gladiator Lv 52
    as for compiling convenient/ similar skills on the same button i use the following to reduce the number of needed buttons:

cooldowns:
    /ac "shoud of saints"
    /ac "divine seal"
    /ac "presence of mind"

quickrez
    /ac "swiftcast"
    /ac "raise"

insta-push
    /tenemy
    /ac "fluid aura" <tlt>

the last one doesnt save any chotbar space, but it does allow you to push away a melee mob that is attacking you, without breaking your focus on the guy you want to heal.

also imprtant to note; hotbars 2-8 should be for the most part identical. hotbar 1 (the one that focuses on you) should be a bit dissimilar, since you cant raise yourself, raise on this hotbar is useless (that's a good spot for protect).
    (0)

Character
    Viridia Black
    World
    Malboro
    Main Class
    Gladiator Lv 52
    Houston, if you clicky my name and review my forum post history, you'll see 80% of my posts DIRECTLY address PS3/4 conrtol issues and macros used to reduce or circumvent these issues, ***especially*** when it comes to healing. you are out of your element son. i'm the pro.
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Y'kayah Tia
    World
    Coeurl
    Main Class
    Ninja Lv 50
    L1 + Triangle and L1 + X (along with L1 + circle and L1 + square) are already in use for switching targeting filters.
    (2)

Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 ... LastLast