Character
    Gideon J'eris
    World
    Famfrit
    Main Class
    Paladin Lv 70

basic Idea for a New healing class

Hellow SE,

After releasing the Ninja and the Darkknight as a Tank in the upcoming Expansion, i thought of an Idea for a New healing class.

This class starts the game as a healing class and I wrote a general idea For the lvl 30-50 Advanced Job class skills.

Since the Text itself is too long, i Provide you with an link to the Google document :

https://docs.google.com/document/d/1...it?usp=sharing

Ty and with kind regards

A Huge Ff14 fan.
    (1)
    Last edited by Hideus; 11-15-2014 at 12:44 PM.

Player
    Character
    Bacent Rekkes
    World
    Famfrit
    Main Class
    Gladiator Lv 90
    Don't you think that you're adding too much additional abilities to the skill you typed up in that? Not to mention you make it rely way too much on Bard, so in order for it to be at its best, you'd have to have multiple bards in the party to actually make the most of it, which honestly looks like overkill, sure when you think of dancers you think of music, but this is way too reliant.

And what about all the other skills it gains while leveling up?
    What suggestions for the healing skills?
    What about an esuna/leeches type skill, if at all?
    Why does it need to worry so much about vit before MP? We know that Whm has some heavy costing group heal costs, but scholar doesn't need to worry about MP much due to having multiple ways to regen their own MP, but this class is looking more like a TP healer (Which would make it rely on Ninja/Bard)
    How come it gets an AoE revive? That seems really OP honestly.

I have other questions about this, but these were the first that popped into mind.
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Eldaena Vonxandria
    World
    Excalibur
    Main Class
    Conjurer Lv 80
    I think the aoe aspect of the healer would get nerfed down to nothing, making it obsolete. It feels too powerful, even though I like the concept.
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Yunalesca Crescent
    World
    Famfrit
    Main Class
    Conjurer Lv 50

Did anyone else read "Basic Concept?"

Again, I'm pretty sure he stated it's a concept-not a fully fleshed out idea :P And I think it would be nice having an actual support class healer as well. The bard is a nice touch, and while it does add some nice benefits- I think the dancer can stand on its own quite well. There are plenty of classes that stack well together so this would just be a new combo to work with.

As far as other skills, again-CONCEPT.
    *Although I'd like to see what else a dancer could do *
    An esuna ability would be useful but again, I'm sure that just wasn't thought of at the moment.
    And as a healer, if she gets no swiftcast, I sure as hell wouldn't mind having an Aoe revive, considering how long it takes to cast the darn thing in the first place.
    If anything it seems the what limitations the dancer has are compensated with all the aoe's and such. Some tweaking here and there and we may have a winner
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Mini Boss
    World
    Ultros
    Main Class
    Lancer Lv 60
    I like the idea of Dancer job, looking at bard though, I'll tell you exactly how this is gonna go down. The base class will be the <insert name> gunner class, and when it hits level 30 it'll get Dancer. And how dancer will work, is his/her rifle will turn into a stripper pole when you use a dance ability, and you can strip to buff/heal, it'll work like the totems in WoW. And your party members can "coin toss" at you to refill your resources (mp/tp which ever SE decides to use). See 2 birds 1 stone, now you can't say SE didn't put coin toss in the game.
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Darkmoon Vael
    World
    Cerberus
    Main Class
    Astrologian Lv 60
    This is a nice concept. I wonder, what would you think of a dancer having channelled abilities, so they dance for one of the teammates, tether to them and heal through that for some of their base abilities, this way helping to distinguish them a bit more from the sch/whm? I like the idea of having a conal aoe for additional skill required . For constructive criticism (hope you dont mind), i would maybe try and take out the link that most of the abilities have to a bard using their ability at the same time. It would be nice to have a healer that doesnt need a bard as a walkign battery .
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Martin Arcainess
    World
    Phoenix
    Main Class
    Dark Knight Lv 90
    I like your idea but I do agree with what people are saying about it being too relied on BRD's Songs, Perhaps if you change into 1 Skill that when dance depending on what Song is beginning played so it's like 1 skill with different output.

But a Healers class being relining on TP sounds like a nice idea.
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Gideon J'eris
    World
    Famfrit
    Main Class
    Paladin Lv 70
    Quote Originally Posted by DarkmoonVael View Post
    ... . For constructive criticism (hope you dont mind), i would maybe try and take out the link that most of the abilities have to a bard using their ability at the same time. It would be nice to have a healer that doesnt need a bard as a walkign battery .
    Constructive critique is Always the good one :3..

Well The thing with the Bard part is only ment to be addintional.. And its only up While the song is up you know :d like her Act/movements got enchanted by the rythm. she still would be good on her own, only with bard theres this littel Nick extra to her skill. Know what i mean?
    (0)