Player
    Character
    Rose Wild
    World
    Ragnarok
    Main Class
    Archer Lv 60

Bard needs some love too.

So by now i think that everyone knows that Bard has the lowest dps from all the dd jobs.

For ages i have seen Blm's and DRG's claim their dps was bad and that they were having a hard time to find groups or keep playing their jobs because Summ or Monk and now Ninja too were bringing more to the table. But even then Bard has been always behind.

Now lets be honest the only reason Bards have the spot is because of Ballad and Army's.

They said that this game din't have support jobs, that Bard is a dps, but we all know we are only in the raid to boost others dps and keep them going.

So in the end Blm got buffed, now DRG will get buffed AGAIN. I only see the gap getting bigger and bigger. And it seems like they totally forgot about us.

Since the game came out the only thing we got is a indirect nerf with Bfb and IR cross class.

I think it's time we get some love too. Even if it's not a simple damage buff like Blm got, this changes imo would help.

Remove the damage penalty for using Army's or Ballad. This imo would be enough, we still would be behind the other dd jobs but atleast we wouldn't be punished for helping the party.

Make the songs a off global cooldown skill. Just like the Fists from Monk.

Sorry for the long post and let me know your opinions.

Edit: Give us a passive that boosts our damage when we are not moving. Keep everything else how it is now.
    (24)
    Last edited by Rose-Wild; 11-13-2014 at 06:53 AM.

Player
    Character
    Ryu Gier
    World
    Balmung
    Main Class
    Lancer Lv 50
    Odd, considering the BRD in my static is one of the highest DPS.
    (10)

Player
    Character
    Rose Wild
    World
    Ragnarok
    Main Class
    Archer Lv 60
    Quote Originally Posted by Reokudo View Post
    Odd, considering the BRD in my static is one of the highest DPS.
    I don't want to be rude and i have no idea of what other jobs you have in your static but if your Bard is top or around top the other dps must be bad.

I'm sure i'll get a lot of hate for saying it lol

On a more serious note you need to take in to account the fight, and look at the big picture not just what happens in your group.
    (14)

Player
    Character
    Syanonn Rias
    World
    Balmung
    Main Class
    Paladin Lv 70
    Bard boasts mobility and being ranged and no positioning requirement.
    Even though there is no "support" class, it still doesn't change that bard has the ability to boost other classes in terms of ballad/requiem/army's.

Just come out and say it, you want an OP class that can be top DPS at range while still able to boost your party's damage
    (50)

Character
    Leo Strut
    World
    Excalibur
    Main Class
    Gladiator Lv 70
    BRD has decently powerful DPS and the best utility in the game. They're fine.
    (37)

Player
    Character
    Rose Wild
    World
    Ragnarok
    Main Class
    Archer Lv 60
    Quote Originally Posted by Chihaya View Post
    Bard boasts mobility and being ranged and no positioning requirement.
    Even though there is no "support" class, it still doesn't change that bard has the ability to boost other classes in terms of ballad/requiem/army's.

Just come out and say it, you want an OP class that can be top DPS at range while still able to boost your party's damage
    I think you din't even read. I said to remove the damage penalty from songs and even then it would be far behind other jobs.
    (1)

Player
    Character
    Fornix Amygdala
    World
    Odin
    Main Class
    Gladiator Lv 60
    Quote Originally Posted by Rose-Wild View Post
    I don't want to be rude and i have no idea of what other jobs you have in your static but if your Bard is top or around top the other dps must be bad.

No need for hate when speaking truth .
    (8)

Player
    Character
    Deneb Punkin
    World
    Adamantoise
    Main Class
    Lancer Lv 60
    Quote Originally Posted by Rose-Wild View Post

On a more serious note you need to take in to account the fight, and look at the big picture not just what happens in your group.
    You were fairly polite and I agree. A BRD should never be able to out DPS the melee classes if the skill level is equal across the board. If your BRD is in fact out dpsing the other melee... then like Rose said.. the other DPS are bad/not fully aware of their class skills and rotation.. or your BRD is farily well geared in comparison to the other dps.. and by that I mean he is a full 10-20 ilvls ahead of them 0_0.

Its the same with DRGs now being third in regards to MNKs and NINs. When all three classes are properly played.. MNKs and NINs will always out DPS the DRGs by a fair margin.. so for someone to come in and say that a DRG out dpses a NIN and MNK means the MNKs and NINs are not that good at their classes for the time being.
    (1)

Player
    Character
    Rose Wild
    World
    Ragnarok
    Main Class
    Archer Lv 60
    Quote Originally Posted by Zaft View Post
    BRD has decently powerful DPS and the best utility in the game. They're fine.
    Thanks for stating the obvious about our utility, because that's all we really have. People used to cry about us because they sucked in Titan hm and saw that Bard could dps and move. But in reality they could do it too, they just din't know how to do it. And that's the only "adavantage" we get because when you get a kinda static fight or stuff with high up time like the new coil turns you can see how big the diference is. Especially in t8.

Because Bard also burns tp really quick kinda like Monk and needs to use Army's when other jobs don't really suffer that much... And well Monk atleast is doing huge damage so the tp burn is justified.

If lets say you have a Nin he can fix that issue, but if in your party you have Nin and Monk then it's pointless because he wont be able to give tp to both and you will have to Sing anyway.
    (3)

Player
    Character
    Zumi Kasumi
    World
    Sargatanas
    Main Class
    Paladin Lv 80
    Bard has mobility that no other job has they can full dps and dodge mechanics. They also have a several utility songs. If you remember they nerfed bards shortly after ARR launch because they were doing too much damage and people were just stacking them. Bards have to do less damage else people would just stack them again because having mobility is huge.
    (13)

Page 1 of 19 1 2 3 11 ... LastLast