Player
    Character
    Svaja Soultear
    World
    Sargatanas
    Main Class
    Archer Lv 50
    Quote Originally Posted by MeiUshu View Post
    thanks for the help ! the missing culprit was Hullbreaker Isle..finally ! I wish there was a way to see which one is missing....now I have all unlocked finally except the very last one but that I need to kill Ramuh EX and I am not yet there..*lol*

thanks alot guys !
    Mei
    Hmmm, no dungeons require Ramuh EX for access. Only need Ramuh EX clear for Shiva EX as far as I know.
    If you are talking about Snowcloak, then that is unlocked doing Main Story quests.
    (0)

Character
    Sophia Sormanu
    World
    Balmung
    Main Class
    Conjurer Lv 80
    that is what I miss the Shiva EX...the rest I have unlocked...but Ramuh EX not ready yet...

Mei
    (0)

Quote Originally Posted by LineageRazor View Post
    Something needs to be done about High Roulette. For a fresh-to-50 player, High Roulette used to be the least repetitive and least aggravating method for obtaining tomestones - but now accessing High Roulette requires clearing dungeons like Tam Tara (Hard), which have an ilvl 70 requirement just to enter. It makes me a bit ill to think of all the time those fresh-50's are going to have to spend grinding Story Roulette and Labyrinth of the Ancients before they can even unlock High Roulette.
    The development team is currently looking into addressing the fact that all dungeons other than the three dungeons added in each a major patch are moved to the Duty Roulette: High Level. Once details have been decided I will be sure to let you know.
    (37)
    Devin "Camate" Casadey - Community Team

Player
    Character
    Coralie Moonseeker
    World
    Belias
    Main Class
    Arcanist Lv 60
    What do you do if you are "freshie" 50s?? Rather simple, but yeah a bit more grind now since they remove "instant level 90 gears" from Hunt rewards.

- Buy level 55 gears from your grand company, buy lvl 55 accessories for PvP (super cheap), stack on vitality for now (not dead is paramount).
    - If you have some extra gills, you should be able to buy at least a couple lvl 70 gears (and weapon).
    - Open the 2 most accessible dungeons (adampor and wanderer palace), mainly to practice your rotation. Then slowly try to open the rest of the dungeons on the hard mode list.
    - Farm primal hard mode, depending on your class, you could easily kill Ifrit + Garuda + Moogle over and over and get the level 60-75 weapons.
    - Yes, sadly you will have to spend several days farming duty roulette for main mission + lower level + daily beast men quest (200 seals total I think).
    - The next easy dungeons to farm would be Halatali hard, Hauke Manor, and probably depending on your class, Braylflox Hard.
    - Make relic weapon ASAP. Clearing the primal hard mode will also unlocking First Coil access and Crystal Tower quests
    - You can also try to farm First Coil to gear with level 90 accessories (and upgrade later, in case you save your tomes to buy armor first).
    - Do clear Labyrinth of the Ancients (may need to do 5-8 times), and then do Syrcus Tower over and over to gear to 100.
    - Finally, the easiest dungeons from 2.3 would be Hullbreaker Isle, Stone Vigil, and lastly Tamtara.
    - Do your main story progression, as far as you can, and open Snowcloak.

All these should take you probably around one week after you hit level 50 as freshie, assuming you play around 3-4 hours a day (which translate to 3-6 dungeons depending on your class). Between first time bonus and duty roulette, it is fairly easy to get 500 soldiery on your first few days. So you can either get all accessories, or focus on gears. I suggest to do the accessories first since Crystal Tower is a good easy fix for disposable gears for level 80-100. If you want to farm heavily and can snag a couple of free company members to help (the first time bonus usually good incentive), you could probably get decent gears level 100 in about three days.
    (2)
    Last edited by Luvbunny; 11-19-2014 at 11:20 AM.

Player
    Character
    Luna Hoshino
    World
    Gilgamesh
    Main Class
    Lancer Lv 60
    Quote Originally Posted by Camate View Post
    The development team is currently looking into addressing the fact that all dungeons other than the three dungeons added in each a major patch are moved to the Duty Roulette: High Level. Once details have been decided I will be sure to let you know.
    Thank you for this! I would also like to add that having more than just three dungeons in Expert Roulette would make running it far less boring to run on a daily basis. It gets incredibly tedious to be running the same three dungeons over and over and over, even if you enjoyed them in the beginning. Even six dungeons would give a nice amount of variety, particularly when it pulls the same dungeon two or three times in a row.
    (2)

Player
    Character
    Romu Zari
    World
    Midgardsormr
    Main Class
    Marauder Lv 50
    Quote Originally Posted by Camate View Post
    While you're at it you might want to up the ilevel requirements on the three newest dungeons. People getting through the requirements with only 3500 HP to spare doesn't work for me. It's a dungeon run killer. I can live with carrying people, but when you've only got four bodies to work with, a dungeon that is very unforgiving to undergeared players, and one of the four is in fact gimped for the dungeon despite getting past the ilevel requirements AND despite the other three being well over geared for the place(supposedly), it's a problem. The person dies and it neuters the group's ability to get past DPS checks. It's lame. I don't need the dungeons nerfed, I need you guys to stop trying to force player carrying onto us...

All you can do is politely ask us to carry them over at FFXI, but here you have the ability to force it. I have a difficult time not believing that is exactly what is going on here. Want us to carry folk? That's fine, but leave it to dungeons under expert, 8 man groups and or raids. Four man expert dungeons is not where it belongs. Our current expert dungeons should be no less than i100.
    (0)

Player

Quote Originally Posted by Luvbunny View Post
    <lot of useful hints>
    I'd like to add, you also can play Carteneau PvP and buy the i90 gear there, weapon included. PvP Gear have one stat less the PvE, but we all know anything behind the main stat is almost useless, lef out the BiS that you farm much later anyway.
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Coralie Moonseeker
    World
    Belias
    Main Class
    Arcanist Lv 60
    Quote Originally Posted by Valcro View Post
    While you're at it you might want to up the ilevel requirements on the three newest dungeons. People getting through the requirements with only 3500 HP to spare doesn't work for me. I don't need the dungeons nerfed, I need you guys to stop trying to force player carrying onto us... Our current expert dungeons should be no less than i100.
    I would say, the new expert dungeons would require a minimum of 95, and not 80... 2.3 patch dungeons should be level 80 at the minimum, and not level 70, you cannot carry 2 DPS level 70 on Tamtara Hard Mode. Syrcus Tower should be at least level 85 as well considering it is lvl 100 gears dropped there. Some of these minimum requirements are a little bit way too low. It's best to force people to spend a little bit more time gearing after they hit level 50. It's not going to take them three weeks, but definitely they would need a good one week to practice.
    (0)

Player

I figured that:
    - "requirements" = you may have some chances to end this, if you are really good
    - "requirements" + 10 = you will end this, if you don't mess with mechanics
    - "requirements" + 20 = almost easy, just pay some attention here and there
    - "requirements" + 30 = cakewalk, just make the wipe-it-all mechanics when and if are there
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Skadi Felis
    World
    Ragnarok
    Main Class
    Pugilist Lv 70
    Quote Originally Posted by LalaRu View Post
    I figured that:
    - "requirements" = you may have some chances to end this, if you are really good
    - "requirements" + 10 = you will end this, if you don't mess with mechanics
    - "requirements" + 20 = almost easy, just pay some attention here and there
    - "requirements" + 30 = cakewalk, just make the wipe-it-all mechanics when and if are there
    I see it also this way
    To enter a dungeon with the minimum ilevel is only for people who really know their job and the dungeon.
    (2)

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast