Character
    Jesse Branford
    World
    Adamantoise
    Main Class
    Arcanist Lv 80

PLEASE fix the sloppy coding on succor, medica, stoneskin, sacred soil

My gripes with these spells:

Succor; if you`re casting succor while and aoe is charging, one of three things happens depending on how you time the spell:
    1. You succor well before the AoE; everyone is healed and the damage of the AoE is slightly mitigated through the galvanize buff.
    2. You succor too late; everyone gets healed a bit of heal from the AoE and they have a fully charged galvanize shield.
    3. You succor JUST before the AoE; the heal goes off before the AoE but the shields don`t absorb any AoE. This is dumb. The delay on the shield being applied needs to go away.

Sacred Soil; the spell is short duration, and there is a significant delay between casting it and actually receiving the buff that mitigates damage. You have to compensate by casting the spell well before you want the buff.

Stoneskin; the delay is brutal. If you want to stoneskin a tank in just before a specific ability goes off, chances are the stoneskin won`t even absorb any of this ability.

Medica or Cure 3; if you cast the spell too close timed to when the AoE goes off, you sometimes overheal 1-2 members but effectively heal the rest.

The game is well over a year old now. These are very very annoying aspects of combat that healers are still having to deal with. Please look into it.
    (16)

Player
    Character
    Shio Ban
    World
    Twintania
    Main Class
    Conjurer Lv 80
    This isn't really an issue. With abilities such as Prey in T10, we're able to cope just fine, if there really was a coding issue we wouldn't be a year in to the game

Either you're not reacting quick enough or you're suffering from heavy latency. You can't call your own reaction times, "sloppy coding".

Quote Originally Posted by reality_check View Post
    If the heal hits before the AoE, the shield should be applied before the AoE.

If the heal hits after the AoE, the shield should not be applied.

Seems like common sense to me. There`s no reason for the heal to hit before the AoE and the shield not to be absorbed.
    That's not how Succor works. Succor MITIGATES the damage, it's a shield therefore it's meant to be cast in advance.
    (10)
    Last edited by Shioban; 11-09-2014 at 06:58 AM.

Player
    Character
    Elione Skyracer
    World
    Mateus
    Main Class
    Gladiator Lv 1
    3/4 of the abilities you mentioned should be used preemptively. Working as intended.
    (17)

Player
    Character
    Rori Uguu
    World
    Sargatanas
    Main Class
    Weaver Lv 70
    There is a very noticeable delay on operations that deal with HP increases and decreases, yes. A delay that isn't present or as noticeable in most other MMOs and wasn't even there in 1.0. Sure you learn to "git gud" adapt to the bad coding, but it could be better.
    (6)

Player
    Character
    Jesse Branford
    World
    Adamantoise
    Main Class
    Arcanist Lv 80
    Quote Originally Posted by Kassiekane View Post
    3/4 of the abilities you mentioned should be used preemptively. Working as intended.
    If the heal hits before the AoE, the shield should be applied before the AoE.

If the heal hits after the AoE, the shield should not be applied.

Seems like common sense to me. There`s no reason for the heal to hit before the AoE and the shield not to be absorbed.
    (6)

Player
    Character
    Kiara Icencroft
    World
    Lich
    Main Class
    Arcanist Lv 60
    this is my biggest issue with the game, not only the spells you mentioned but also fester and benediction.

Try playing summoner, cast bio 2, cast miasma, cast bio 1 and use fester instanly after
    you will only deal 200 potency damage instead of 300

You actually need to wait one second after bio 1 to cast fester. Which to me makes combat broken, its way too slow.

This is the only game i have played that has this issue

And the benediction and tank still dies and you just wasted a cooldown is like a slap in the face
    (18)
    http://websta.me/n/kiaraicencroft.ffxiv (Kiaraicencroft.ffxiv@instagram)

Player
    Character
    Jesse Branford
    World
    Adamantoise
    Main Class
    Arcanist Lv 80
    I`ve noticed it with Bane too. Bane right after you use your third dot, you will only spread 2 dots.
    (9)

Player
    Character
    Sulwyn Caliope
    World
    Tonberry
    Main Class
    Scholar Lv 70
    Quote Originally Posted by Kiara1 View Post
    this is my biggest issue with the game, not only the spells you mentioned but also fester and benediction.

Try playing summoner, cast bio 2, cast miasma, cast bio 1 and use fester instanly after
    you will only deal 200 potency damage instead of 300

You actually need to wait one second after bio 1 to cast fester.
    This is the exact same issue I have with bane. I cast all 3 dots on my target and immediately hit bane. Bio II and miasma get applied to nearby targets but not bio. I can see that it's been applied to my initial target too. Annoys me to NO end.
    (7)

Player
    Character
    Airget Lamh
    World
    Hyperion
    Main Class
    Botanist Lv 80
    It's cause you aren't thinking of the spell in terms of it's animation taking effect. As the player all you are doing is activating the spell, upon activating the spell it takes effect on the player and until that animation plays out the effect will not take effect.

When it comes to DOW it is different because you are using weaponry, they are instant action and a blade making contact with an opponent is more instantaneous than a spell having it's effect activate. It's like taking medication, you don't take medication and bam you suddenly feel the difference it takes time for you to feel the effects of it and with magic it's just on a smaller scale where yes you have to compensate for it's activation time on the player when you use it.
    (1)

Player
    Character
    Desteroth Fainsbarow
    World
    Malboro
    Main Class
    Leatherworker Lv 60
    Only thing I don't like is when soil is on the ground and you step into it, the delay it takes to get the buff.
    (4)

Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 ... LastLast