Page 50 of 50 FirstFirst ... 40 48 49 50
    Player
    Character
    Dux Dragunity
    World
    Midgardsormr
    Main Class
    Lancer Lv 70
    Q1: I’d like to know how you go about looking into things when balancing jobs. Can you also tell us what prompted you to adjust dragoon?

A1: When it comes to job balance, we make adjustments looking at DPS that is output on the training dummies and DPS that is actually output while in content.

There are two reasons for why we decided to make adjustments to dragoon.

The first is the amount of damage taken by magic-related attacks. While other jobs are able to take the same magical hit twice and survive, there are a lot of cases where dragoons taking the same two hits will die. The second reason is the fact that it’s easier for dragoons to wind up dead and there has been more and more feedback mentioning that participating in end-game content is becoming increasingly difficult.
    Q2: Could you provide details on upcoming dragoon changes and tell us when the changes will go live?

A2: We will be making changes to the directional requirement on some actions. Specifically, you will not lose the buff if you fail to meet the directional requirement on the action. We understand there are currently situations where a dragoon is unable to go to a certain side of a enemy. After these changes go live, the overall damage drop in these situations should be less.

Additionally, we will be increasing the magic defense that they are currently lacking.

We will be making other adjustments to the dragoon’s action including the reduction of recast timers on certain skills, decreasing the increased damage taken during blood for blood, and increasing the DoT damage on certain actions.

We will be making these adjustments in patch 2.45 which is scheduled for December 9th.
    FINALLY WE'RE GETTING LOTS OF LOVE! AND ITS 9TH OF DECEMBER WHICH IS LIKE, THE RESET AFTER NEXT WEEK! YOSHI U DA REAL MVP!!

TL;DR:
    - Buff to M.DEF
    - Changes to the directional requirement of some actions (HT? ID?)
    - Reduced CDs on certain skills (Jumps?), decreasing the increased damage from B4B (Holy shit this is gold!), and increasing the DoT damage on certain actions (Phle? CT?)
    (3)
    Last edited by kyrios91; 11-30-2014 at 01:46 AM.

Player

just one word:

FAN
    FUC*ING
    TASTIC

i'm going to wait and see what these adjustments will be (they sound awfully promising though) but change to positionals, the mdef buff and the b4b damage change are great, they are what in my honest opinion was needed, but, while i'm being honest, not expected. Very surprised and very happy to read this today, still wearing the smile i had on a few hours ago!
    (1)

3. 11-30-2014 06:09 AM
    Reason
    loldrgs :)

Player
    Character
    Teira Osairis
    World
    Excalibur
    Main Class
    Lancer Lv 80
    Yes, Im so happy they are making these changes to Dragoon.
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Dorian Makai
    World
    Mateus
    Main Class
    Red Mage Lv 90
    Quote Originally Posted by Ronzeru View Post
    Right.. and the same arguments could be made about the beasttribes being all bad.... that iiiis, until you start doing the beastmen quests. So all of that is pretty much moot. We're only getting a one sided story, mainly from a bunch of religious zealots. Add to that... play more through Coil and you'll understand why Bahamut is bent on destruction. If you've played enough of these games, its never as 'black and white' as 'good and evil' when a war is involved.
    Quote Originally Posted by kyrios91 View Post
    Still... even if our side of the story is not entirely true, the fact exists that dragons are there to destroy stuff. Bahamut is bent on destruction because he is naturally destructive, although part of it is because of the Allags treatment to him and his worshippers, the Meracydians. Even when he was "killed" by Louisouix, he's still intent on destroying humankind and masterminding the entire Coil storyline despite him being in a dormant, regenerative state. If Bahamut is in anyway "good" or "benevolent" or "tolerant" / "understanding", he will say "Huh okay these guys are not Allags... which means they had nothing to do with what happened to me and my subjects". But the fact is not like that, isn't it? He went John Madden to Eorzea the moment he breaks out of Dalamud.

For the beastman tribes being bad and there's the "good" faction - the "good" faction of the tribes are little. It's just like my comparison about bringing good Nazis to a Jewish meeting or something like that. Even though they're not in the same view of being a supremacist, the main goal of the Nazi movement is to eradicate "lesser" ethnics since they view them as bringing a halt to progress. Same as the beast tribes - the main movement of the tribe is to gain dominance of whatever they're seeking for, including the summon of their respective Primal. Just by having some few beast tribes "disagree" with their brethren, it doesn't justify the beast tribes as being an actually good faction.
    Can't help but bring back this thread due to what I said prior. After the Midgardsormr quest, this COMPLETELY points back to everything i said in this thread regarding the Dragons and Ishgard lol.Can't wait for the big -I told you so- bomb drop when all the dirt of what Ishgard more than likely has done comes to light.
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Lin Celistine
    World
    Goblin
    Main Class
    Dragoon Lv 90
    I'll bite.

The Dragoons of FFXI finally got their Wyvern pet... as a minion.
    (1)

Player
    Character
    Dorian Makai
    World
    Mateus
    Main Class
    Red Mage Lv 90
    Quote Originally Posted by Hyrist View Post
    I'll bite.

lmao....this ^
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Tobias Shadowmane
    World
    Excalibur
    Main Class
    Dark Knight Lv 80
    Quote Originally Posted by Hyrist View Post
    I'll bite.

And from what I can tell thus far, same lore concept , and still just as useful in combat.
    (0)

Page 50 of 50 FirstFirst ... 40 48 49 50