Page 3 of 16 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 13 ... LastLast
    Player
    Character
    Warlyx Arada
    World
    Moogle
    Main Class
    Summoner Lv 90
    cant agree more , yesterday i almost missed a queue because i was crafting had to rush it and ....no HQ
    (1)

Player
    Character
    F'lhinna Kutseru
    World
    Moogle
    Main Class
    White Mage Lv 60
    Im on PS3 and honestly having 15 extra second would help greatly.

Sometimes when im farming content like Shiva or whatever, where the leader always register again as soon as we go out of the instance, i always almost miss it.
    Especially if im in Mor Dhona, which takes me 25-30 seconds alone to load. If you do the maths, you'll notice it only leaves me 15 seconds to accept or fix my gear and then accept.

The other reason people mentioned is crafting. I dont want to ruin a craft by going for the NQ just so i can accept in time.
    (6)
    Last edited by CUTS3R; 11-08-2014 at 08:20 PM.

Player
    Character
    Fynlar Eira
    World
    Hyperion
    Main Class
    Red Mage Lv 90
    An increase to 60 seconds and/or the ability to automatically place your character back in the state it was in when you queued would be dandy.

The latter would almost certainly be harder to program in somehow (various checks would need to be done to ensure you actually still have all the gear in your armoury chest, for instance) so the former would still be good.
    (1)

Player
    Character
    Wildest Thing
    World
    Twintania
    Main Class
    Gladiator Lv 70
    No thanks, waiting 45 seconds for the player to withdraw from being afk is bad enough, waiting 60 seconds? I'd rather not.
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Fynlar Eira
    World
    Hyperion
    Main Class
    Red Mage Lv 90
    No thanks, waiting 45 seconds for the player to withdraw from being afk is bad enough, waiting 60 seconds? I'd rather not.
    assuming the person who withdraws is actually afk and didn't just fail to accept for a different reason, which is the entire point of the thread
    (7)

Player
    Character
    Fornix Amygdala
    World
    Odin
    Main Class
    Gladiator Lv 60
    Quote Originally Posted by Lexxuk View Post
    Players actually being afk could easily be resolved as well simply by having players who enter the afk status be automatically removed from the queue.
    (6)

Character
    Tiggy Te'al
    World
    Balmung
    Main Class
    Marauder Lv 53
    Quote Originally Posted by MageBlack View Post
    I would be happy if clicking "commence" just put your character back in the same state it was in when you entered the queue and overrides things like open transaction windows, market boards, cuscenes. etc. I've missed a queue before because I was frantically trying to exit out of my retainer, enter my character window, and change my job back. If I'm only on a controller, this is a real pain, one miss-click can really cost you precious seconds.
    How? Hit B (or circle if you're on a psx style controller) till all the windows are gone. Done. I've done this too.

Quote Originally Posted by OlyverW View Post
    I agree that it should be increased. Another idea that I had was that if you are in a different role and the commencement pops up that when you confirm it automatically changes you back to the class you registered with
    Lots of people craft to fill time. This wouldn't work for them.
    (1)

Player
    Character
    Stouter Taru
    World
    Exodus
    Main Class
    Thaumaturge Lv 90
    Quote Originally Posted by Fornix View Post
    Players actually being afk could easily be resolved as well simply by having players who enter the afk status be automatically removed from the queue.
    I've gone auto-afk status several times while waiting for long queues, while sitting next to the computer, watching TV. If they did anything like that, they would need to give a warning before switching you to afk status.
    (6)

Player
    Character
    Sora Burakku
    World
    Zalera
    Main Class
    Thaumaturge Lv 80
    Quote Originally Posted by kyuven View Post
    During the time between queueing up and the queue popping, you have upgraded your weapon and two pieces of armor, and filled one or more of your armoury chest boxes.
    You need to be able to account for this scenario from a programming/QOL standpoint before instituting it. You and I know this is unlikely, but the dozens of people that would be tossing GM tickets when they miss a queue because they got new pants didn't plan for it.

That said, I agree with 60 seconds being a good idea.
    That is a valid point. So instead of putting you in the same state you queued in, how about just auto-equipping the gear set you queued with. If you made changes to that gearset, as long as you updated it, it would be fine. Not sure if this "solves" the problem but my solution was more for people who just want to make sure they get in, of course you still have the timer to make other adjustments before clicking commence. Ah! or have a third button that provides this option? "Commence" "Quick Commence" "Withdraw"?

Quote Originally Posted by Tiggy View Post
    How? Hit B (or circle if you're on a psx style controller) till all the windows are gone. Done. I've done this too.
    Since I've seen a few people say this I would like to respond. That works fine if you are just looking through an options menu and i'm not saying i'm always in this situation. As for hotbarring a gearset, i already have 4 hotbars that are full on my main Job. I really dont want to add another one just for this.

Exiting out of your retainer takes a bit longer, you have to wait for them to say goodby, then disappear, and in the process you also close down your duty queue, unless you start adding in more buttons like select. if the queue closes, you still have to equip your gear, then open the duty window, go to the bottom, and enter it.

I'm lucky that most times I have my mouse and keyboard handy so I can click on windows which makes things easier, but there are so many reasons that a longer queue and/or a secondary button would aid things immensely. especially with such harsh penalties, I don't think as many people were abusing it as people think.

Also, to those complaining that "60 seconds is too long! I don't want to wait that long!" when you are already waiting 30min or more for the queue, whats another 60 seconds?
    (3)
    Last edited by MageBlack; 11-10-2014 at 02:01 AM.

Player
    Character
    Toodles Mcduff
    World
    Coeurl
    Main Class
    Arcanist Lv 50
    We need this.
    (0)

Page 3 of 16 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 13 ... LastLast