Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3
    Player
    Character
    Leif Freivjr
    World
    Ultros
    Main Class
    Arcanist Lv 80
    They cannot be player-activated without heavy restrictions that defeat the purpose. Otherwise, what is to stop someone from activating their FATE, then standing back and letting other players finish it (without being in their party) to reap the rewards?
    It would be better if FATEs were simply not a part of the equation at all. Perhaps unique book-activated levequests with no inherent reward or something instead.
    (0)

Player
    Character
    F'yahna Mhasi
    World
    Cactuar
    Main Class
    Summoner Lv 70
    Quote Originally Posted by Verlyn View Post
    what is to stop someone from activating their FATE, then standing back and letting other players finish it (without being in their party) to reap the rewards?
    Because simply activating the fate does not count as participation, you have to tag at least one thing before you are credited for it. Am I not getting what you're trying to say here?

It would be better if FATEs were simply not a part of the equation at all.
    Agreed. There is no reason to keep this books being this much of a struggle when both Alex and Light parts of the relic chain are both being made easier.
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Leif Freivjr
    World
    Ultros
    Main Class
    Arcanist Lv 80
    Quote Originally Posted by Delta041 View Post
    Because simply activating the fate does not count as participation, you have to tag at least one thing before you are credited for it. Am I not getting what you're trying to say here?
    And then what happens if they don't get credit or don't get gold? They need to be able to activate it again so they can complete their book. So they let other people get credit. Free exp, gil and seals for all.
    But then we just impose restrictions to prevent them from doing that. But if they cannot simply activate it again, then we're back at square one: Waiting for the rare FATE to spawn. Not to mention, players would easily figure out the hotspots and just camp them, waiting for someone with a book (or better--a party doing the same book!) to each activate their FATEs in succession and reap tons of rewards.

It'd be kind of a mess.
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Zealotius Arkimedes
    World
    Gungnir
    Main Class
    Conjurer Lv 50
    what is to stop someone from activating their FATE, then standing back and letting other players finish it (without being in their party) to reap the rewards?
    It would be better if FATEs were simply not a part of the equation at all. Perhaps unique book-activated levequests with no inherent reward or something instead.
    FATE failure. Depending on the numbers waiting, if ever I get hate, I do not mind slowing myself so people can at least have a chance of getting gold, even if they do what yu mention, it srsly does not take more effort than summoning a choco if it is just two people. Seeing someone get hate then afk, while it has happened, is the least of concern, as of 2.4 the main concern is over-zealous players who will zerg a FATE as quickly as possible and when there are a LOT of people waiting (due to the poor "wait" design) this compounds the matter because those who could not get gold have to wait until the next FATE pop and the problem accumulates

tl;dr no use being skeptical atm as SE have said 2.5 will separate the mechanics of book FATEs and regular ones
    (0)

Character
    Kai Magnus
    World
    Leviathan
    Main Class
    Dragoon Lv 90
    Me personally, I can just fish, mine, or harvest untill a fate spawns >.> Ya know, cause I actually have more stuff to do with my time than battle for no reason.

Pluss while I'm waiting and Gathering I can have my dungeon timer cued so I can do the dungeons. There are always things to do while you wait. Heck a nice chat with your FC can occur while you wait.

I'm also one of the ocational minority that just likes to sit and listen to the BGM in some locations. (Most in my case)
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Leif Freivjr
    World
    Ultros
    Main Class
    Arcanist Lv 80
    Quote Originally Posted by NationOfZealots View Post
    FATE failure. Depending on the numbers waiting, if ever I get hate, I do not mind slowing myself so people can at least have a chance of getting gold, even if they do what yu mention, it srsly does not take more effort than summoning a choco if it is just two people. Seeing someone get hate then afk, while it has happened, is the least of concern, as of 2.4 the main concern is over-zealous players who will zerg a FATE as quickly as possible and when there are a LOT of people waiting (due to the poor "wait" design) this compounds the matter because those who could not get gold have to wait until the next FATE pop and the problem accumulates

tl;dr no use being skeptical atm as SE have said 2.5 will separate the mechanics of book FATEs and regular ones
    The problem isn't getting gold. The problem is not getting gold and what that means for re-activating the FATE. People would abuse that to get other people free exp or seals or whatever by activating FATEs back-to-back and then failing them.
    Please reread what I said in my above posts before you respond, because I am absolutely not interested in arguing in a circle.

FATEs just aren't designed for this process.

Quote Originally Posted by Kaiser-Ace View Post
    Me personally, I can just fish, mine, or harvest untill a fate spawns >.> Ya know, cause I actually have more stuff to do with my time than battle for no reason.

Pluss while I'm waiting and Gathering I can have my dungeon timer cued so I can do the dungeons. There are always things to do while you wait. Heck a nice chat with your FC can occur while you wait.

I'm also one of the ocational minority that just likes to sit and listen to the BGM in some locations. (Most in my case)
    I can find other things to do too. However, the game shouldn't be encouraging me not to play it to progress.
    Therein lies the problem.
    (0)

Character
    Kai Magnus
    World
    Leviathan
    Main Class
    Dragoon Lv 90
    I really don't see any uniquely Relic related inconveneance my self. When it comes to fates, be it spawn rates or atma drops, they are compleatly governed by the mighty RNGesus and it's ever preasent calculations. Cue times for dungeons are no more inconveniant for relic quests as they are for any thing else I try to DF as a DPS. Leves are boaring, Mob hunting is tedious, and all of this is simply something we as MMO players accept as part of the game or let it ruin the experience by not accepting it then bitching about it on the forums.

In less than 24 hours from now every thing Pre-Nexus relic will be obscianly nerfed to the point that every one should be able to have at least one Zodiac Weapon before Heavensward is realeased. So there's really nothing to bitch about. Unless every thing is level 50 with maxed gear, you already have a privet mansion, and you're pacing around Mor'dohna waiting for new content then there should be pleanty to do for things to not get boaring and tedious.

Let me spell out the best solution for when the grind is feeling to long. Ready? Take a brake and do something else. Level/gear an alt class, do some crafting/gathering, or maybe even log out for a bit to make sure your friends, family, and pets are still alive. Best part of being in an MMORPG is that you have TWO worlds to get entertainment out of, the RW and the VW. Most people only get that first one.
    (0)

8. 01-20-2015 12:36 AM

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3