Sonata Priam
    World
    Midgardsormr
    Main Class
    Scholar Lv 60

The limit of 3 classes of desynthesis lvl max

I have hard time to understand why this, I have some ideas like :

It make some economy, some trading.

But yes, in this game, one of the first thing I saw, the first time I played :

I can do everything with 1 character.
    And yes, better the desynthesis, you could.
    You can lvl all fighting/healing classes
    You can lvl all crafting classes
    You can also lvl all gathering classes
    Some of them even share some piece of gear.
    If you're hard-core, you can even get max gear on all of them (ok, not becoz of the limit of coil, et the limit of Poetics, but still, everyone -hat is playing since month- have at least 2 classes very well geared, some players even more)

But for Desynthesis, you can get only 3 lvl max, or high lvl (since low lvl is kinda useless...), why changing the main point of the game now ? I dont get it.

I want to get lvl 70-80+ on all desynthesis classes, specially for the items I cant trade to ask a friend to do it for me (if all items where tradable, this wouldn't be a problem)
    (8)

Character
    Frederick Chronos
    World
    Lamia
    Main Class
    Goldsmith Lv 70
    I don't know I'm having a hard time choosing which three to level
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Chida Rake
    World
    Omega
    Main Class
    Thaumaturge Lv 80
    I forget where but the devs did say they were going to increase it to 400points in patch.. they didn't though.

so maybe they meant expansion or a dif path but either way im sure there will be an increase at some point.

if your serious about it you need atleast one of weaver or leatherworker for easy field 3's

next best choice might be cul because of the unique items. then anything you want really.. probs goldsmith for easy battlecraft 3's as more jewellery drops than gear.

seriously though they have trivialised most the other desynths in this patch... the only one you may really want is either ltw or wvr.
    (0)
    Last edited by chidarake; 11-03-2014 at 02:58 AM.

Player
    Character
    Tomba Labomba
    World
    Ragnarok
    Main Class
    Thaumaturge Lv 50
    It drives me crazy lol. Making a choice, working on it and boom, next patch and a new class is suddenly the shit in Desynthesis. I really hope they lighten it up (more than 3, bringing an end to losing skill on another class) in the Future. And generally, there should me more than one option to obtain FC3, BC3 and MCD than through Desynthesis. Even if it is a rare drop (unhidden map, retainer XV venture) but something......
    (1)

Player
    Character
    Tymora Estrellauta
    World
    Balmung
    Main Class
    Thaumaturge Lv 90
    Because of the "lock" mechanism they have in place now. Even if you can level more, you can't keep more 3 of them at 100%.
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Chida Rake
    World
    Omega
    Main Class
    Thaumaturge Lv 80
    Quote Originally Posted by tymora View Post
    Because of the "lock" mechanism they have in place now. Even if you can level more, you can't keep more 3 of them at 100%.
    this is very true because all crafts retain 1/100 in stats so you cant even max 3, best to chose two and be done until an increase.
    (0)
    strange awareness of ghosts that no longer haunt this shell.

Player
    Character
    Melondra Lorena
    World
    Excalibur
    Main Class
    Conjurer Lv 50
    If they allowed every player to level every craft to its max desynth level it would make those items less valueable. Remember the lower amount of people that can desyth that item the more it will be worth. I rather liked the way WOW had there crafting system set up you could only have One Major Craft and a Secondary minor craft,prefrence to one that compliments it. Such as Weaver/Bontany. This was a great way to add diversity to the craftingsystem and prevented the overpopulation of crafted items making the value of that item high.
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Yonko Chao
    World
    Coeurl
    Main Class
    Conjurer Lv 50
    Quote Originally Posted by Artiste View Post
    I have hard time to understand why this, I have some ideas like :

It make some economy, some trading.

But yes, in this game, one of the first thing I saw, the first time I played :

I can do everything with 1 character.
    And yes, better the desynthesis, you could.
    You can lvl all fighting/healing classes
    You can lvl all crafting classes
    You can also lvl all gathering classes
    Some of them even share some piece of gear.
    If you're hard-core, you can even get max gear on all of them (ok, not becoz of the limit of coil, et the limit of Poetics, but still, everyone -hat is playing since month- have at least 2 classes very well geared, some players even more)

But for Desynthesis, you can get only 3 lvl max, or high lvl (since low lvl is kinda useless...), why changing the main point of the game now ? I dont get it.

I want to get lvl 70-80+ on all desynthesis classes, specially for the items I cant trade to ask a friend to do it for me (if all items where tradable, this wouldn't be a problem)
    Here is the thing with desynth. Ignoring the Primal Demimateria and CUL any class can get any of the demimateria. The other items you get back are the base mats for the item.

I don't see what the problem with not being able to desynth every possible item in the game. You can still get nearly every item in the game with just 3 classes the only thing that changes is the ease of getting the items. Right now LTW/WVR are the king for FC3s but any class can get them it just takes a little longer / costs a little more.

There really isn't a need to have every desynth leveled.
    (0)
    Last edited by Yonko; 11-03-2014 at 11:20 PM. Reason: SE needs to remove the pointless char limit on posts

Player
    Character
    Sonata Priam
    World
    Midgardsormr
    Main Class
    Scholar Lv 60
    I didn't say anywhere, " I need " to have all classes of desynthesis leveled, I said " I want ".
    This is completly different.

It's not becoz it's not needed that is as to stay like it is now.
    Do you get the point ?
    (1)

Player
    Character
    Arcadia Aurora
    World
    Balmung
    Main Class
    Dark Knight Lv 90
    I'm extremely frustrated with this system and believe it was quite poorly put together.

I can understand the reason for capping the amount of skill you can put into the classes, it generates some flavour because people are forced to make choices, and therefore it fosters community. FFXI did this for crafting and it worked well, I'm sure this is FFXIV's version to achieve a similar result.

The issue I have is not that you are limited in the number of classes you can have, but that the cap is 300 pts. This is stupid because you can't even have 3 classes at cap due to being unable to drive your desynthesis skill to lvl 0. This means the best you can be is having two skills at 100, and one at 95 (which means for those fancy items you will never reach 100% success rate on that 95 skill class). SE, I implore you... either raise the cap to 305 pts, or allow us to drop the lvl 1 skill for the classes we don't care for. What you've given us now makes absolutely no sense.
    (5)

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast