Page 45 of 53 FirstFirst ... 35 43 44 45 46 47 ... LastLast
    Player
    Character
    Toodles Mcduff
    World
    Coeurl
    Main Class
    Arcanist Lv 50
    We need 15 seconds more commencement time if your queue-estimates are going to remain inaccurate.

It's so unreasonable to ask us to sit around & do virtually nothing while waiting for a 2 hour long queue.

Let us play the game instead of fearing we'll miss commencement because I wanted to farm Atma on my White Mage while queueing as a Monk for over 2 hours & couldn't get out of combat in time to switch back.
    (2)

Player
    Character
    Neri Feralheart
    World
    Faerie
    Main Class
    Paladin Lv 90
    Quote Originally Posted by Izsha View Post
    Stop focusing on the what ifs and realize the system is simple, and solved the problem. It's practical, so just let the theoretical worst cases alone.
    I don't think you are really reading what people are saying, because most of us are actually complaining about missing two hour long queues because the queue timer is too short. This was an existing problem before, but before, you weren't penalized for it on top of missing the queue.

What I'd really love is a third "Pass" button that let you stay in the queue, but move yourself back a couple spaces letting the next person in the queue join in for those times when you can't join immediately. That way, you (probably) won't have to wait another two hours for your queue to pop again, but you aren't holding up other players. Then you can reduce the timer to 15 seconds or whatever. And you can limit the number of times you can pass per queue, possibly to one. Everyone wins there, except the programmers.
    (3)
    (The links below are sadly outdated. I hope to get around to updating things at some point.)
    Desynthesis Guide: http://tinyurl.com/ffxivdesynth

Airship Guide: http://tinyurl.com/ffxivairshipguide (\v/) Airship Quick Reference: http://tinyurl.com/ffxivairshipqr
    Airship Logsheet: http://tinyurl.com/ffxivairshiplog (/|\) Airship Builder Tool: http://tinyurl.com/ffxivairshipbuilder

Player
    Character
    Izsha Azel
    World
    Exodus
    Main Class
    Warrior Lv 80
    So when the ninja bandwagon simmers down and cue times are back to normal, people will stop caring. Just like I've never seen a thread about this since the game started until ninja. SE is just taking the long view instead of running around plugging every little hole. No one cared about this for a year. No one will care after Nin dies down either.

Edit: actually people are conflating 2 separate issues. 1 is the 30 min lockout which is the reason this thread exists. The other is the 45 sec acceptance that SE just responded to in another thead, and no one ever mentioned until 2 hr nin cues. 45 sec issue will die down with the slow down of nin wagon to its pre ninja state and doesn't really need addressing and that's the stance SE is taking anyway. The 2nd regarding the lockouts is generally what I'm responding to. There's 2 other threads for the 45 vs 60 sec thing.
    (1)
    Last edited by Izsha; 11-21-2014 at 05:31 AM.

Player
    Character
    Odsarzol Que
    World
    Balmung
    Main Class
    Arcanist Lv 80
    Quote Originally Posted by KaedrianLiang View Post
    SE punishing the whole population because of the actions of not even 0.1% of the population.
    Explain where you came up with this number and how - Please do show your work, as I need to see how you gathered this information from the entire playerbase.

No, they went with the easy fix that does more harm than good, more pissed off players than happy.
    I see the exact opposite in game, though.
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Ai Hana
    World
    Faerie
    Main Class
    Archer Lv 60
    Quote Originally Posted by Nyalia View Post
    Because, clearly, your 15 seconds are more important ....
    It is not about my 15 seconds. It is 15 seconds more per transaction jammed into the DF, and this congests up the queue for everyone. It is like making stop light hold the red light longer by 15 seconds. In places with low traffic, stop lights are replaced by round-abouts or stop signs for better efficiency. The 15 secs is not for any individual, but rather it creates unnecessary inefficiency in the system and that will a penalty for everyone. Got to think about the bigger picture and not try to be greedy about every little thing. Leave something on the table for the public good and common cause because that will help everyone. Think enlightened self-interest. Obsessing about your own little local scenario (3 strikes, penalty) is not the right system level approach.

Quote Originally Posted by Toodles View Post
    It's so unreasonable to ask us to sit around & do virtually nothing while waiting for a 2 hour long queue.
    That is such a false exaggeration. If the DF queue is all you want to do, then anything is going to be " virtually nothing" in your subjective view. Truth of the matter is you can choose how to best use the time available while waiting, and taking on stuff that while always keeping a 15 second bail out option available. Sometimes that may even mean letting the monster kill you in 10 seconds or lessso you can return and click commence. The important thing is to be prepared and ready.

Do go to the bathroom before your queue and don't drink 12 glasses of water immediately after that. Make sure you ate dinner and not waiting for the microwave timer to go off. Do all the prep your should do first and not expect others to wait for you on the DF. This should be common knowledge, common sense, and common courtesy, the withdraw is not for the player withdrawing, but so that if you can't commence immediately you do not hold other players up. Stop being selfish and greedy, get your your ducks in row before you queue on the DF.

Quote Originally Posted by Nyalia View Post
    What I'd really love is a third "Pass" button that let you stay in the queue, ...
    If you are not going to be ready at a moments notice, why are you queuing on the DF? This is just a backdoor to DF fishing, and have the system help you to do that? If you are not in line, you don't deserve to have your place held for you, you are taking for granted other people and the favor you are imposing on them, and it doesn't matter if it is real life like at a movie or on the DF queue. It is only fair that, you need to be actively waiting in line to have your place. And just like in real life, you don't get chat on the phone while the light goes green and holding everyone else up, you need to be ready to go at a moments notice. This should be the default.
    (1)
    Last edited by NyarukoW; 11-21-2014 at 06:52 AM.

Player
    Character
    Adol Giantbane
    World
    Ultros
    Main Class
    Dark Knight Lv 60
    Quote Originally Posted by Niwashi View Post
    With dungeon content, the DF should still keep trying to match people until it has a full group and only start the instance once that's achieved.
    This, and ideally you should only have to click "commence" once as long as the DF is able to find replacements very quickly.
    (1)

Player
    Character
    Adol Giantbane
    World
    Ultros
    Main Class
    Dark Knight Lv 60
    Quote Originally Posted by NyarukoW View Post
    Sometimes that may even mean letting the monster kill you in 10 seconds or lessso you can return and click commence.
    It should be noted that given the current death and load times, if you are bound to another zone, there's a very good chance you'll miss your queue before you are resurrected and can accept. Worse if you're on the wrong class.

Extensions or special cases should be given when the queue pops while or shortly before a zone load because the load time can be extremely unpredictable.
    (1)

Player
    Character
    Ai Hana
    World
    Faerie
    Main Class
    Archer Lv 60
    Quote Originally Posted by Giantbane View Post
    It should be noted that given the current death and load times, if you are bound to another zone, there's a very good chance you'll miss your queue before you are resurrected and can accept.....
    Fine don't to this on a PS3 then. Do whatever else it takes to be ready. My load times for zones are always under 15 seconds tops PC or PS4.
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Adol Giantbane
    World
    Ultros
    Main Class
    Dark Knight Lv 60
    Quote Originally Posted by NyarukoW View Post
    Fine don't to this on a PS3 then. Do whatever else it takes to be ready. My load times for zones are always under 15 seconds tops PC or PS4.
    I'm on PS4, it is definitely NOT always under 15 seconds, this is a gross exaggeration.
    (1)

Player
    Character
    Ai Hana
    World
    Faerie
    Main Class
    Archer Lv 60
    Quote Originally Posted by Giantbane View Post
    I'm on PS4, it is definitely NOT always under 15 seconds, this is a gross exaggeration.
    Where is your measurements? 16.5 seconds? 20.2 seconds? I can safely say it if never close to 45 seconds for sure.
    (0)

Page 45 of 53 FirstFirst ... 35 43 44 45 46 47 ... LastLast