Page 3 of 39 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 13 ... LastLast
    Player
    Character
    Femke Fisker
    World
    Leviathan
    Main Class
    Archer Lv 56
    I can sympathize. The FC I'm in is has enough geared people to start a coil static but not everyone can commit to the same schedule. We've tried to supplement ranks through PF but it's usually for naught. You really need that consistent group to be very successful.
    (4)

Player
    Character
    Ifalna Sha'yoko
    World
    Cerberus
    Main Class
    White Mage Lv 90
    Hate to break it to you, but scheduled playing in static groups comes with the MMO endgame territory.

There really is no way you will down bleeding edge content w/o multiple raiding nights a week with the same people so progress and experience can be gathered. (- getting carried ofc)

I'm in the same boat since I raid in another MMO, I'll likely never see much of coil until they implement a spectator/story mode, since I cannot and will not commit to 2 MMOs raiding schedules.

Also DF Pugs are HORRIBLE in this game. People fail at the most BASIC level... just try Ultima hard if you don't believe me.
    Despite it's similarity to the story Ultima fight people just can't seem to grasp how to move. <_<
    (3)

Player
    Character
    Effy Stoneheart
    World
    Midgardsormr
    Main Class
    Arcanist Lv 80
    Im on behemoth and the only FCs looking for players with previous clears are the hardcore fcs like Prime, LB, and Resonate. So yea, if youre trying to get into that type of fc without a clear its just not gonna happen.

There are plenty of other fcs on our server that r willing to help newer players or players that just entered endgame. In all honesty, it seems like you arent putting effort in finding a group/fc. I see ppl recruiting on PF or shout chat all time.

But hey u can always hmu for a sale if u really wanna clear that bad lol
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Soveia Shadowsong
    World
    Odin
    Main Class
    Gunbreaker Lv 90
    People gotta understand coil was designed for the hardcore players, it will eventually be opened up for DF groups when a new hardcore raid is released.
    (3)

Player
    Character
    Xairos Karalis
    World
    Siren
    Main Class
    Arcanist Lv 60
    How about making a game-wide linkshell system that is (somewhat) tied to the forums? Where people put their names in the thread, then they get added in game and while in-game other Ls members can pitch content attempts (ex "Anyone up for Ifrit EX") and since we all come from the same desire of wanted to at least see said content, we could join, attempt with like-minded people, and get to know our server and make friends.

I also loved the idea about setting time frames. For example: "Anyone up for Ifrit Ex, I have about 1 hr and 30 min to put towards it?"

LS name: The Underdogs

Make one on your server and post invites here on the forums, and invite in-game. Kinda like how they do for FC advertising.

I'll Start:

LS: Underdogs
    Server: Excalibur
    1st Job: Tank (pld)
    2nd Job: Smn
    In-game name: Xairos Karalis (pm for invite)

People, lets try to do something, as a community! I am in the same boat as everyone else. Let's try something instead of just lamenting about it.
    (5)
    Last edited by Xairos; 10-31-2014 at 08:18 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by AlexionSkylark View Post
    OK, so... I saw the stuff about FCoB and was very excited about it...Then I realized I probably won't be able to even see it until the expansion. And maybe not even then.

Why? Because I'm a filthy casual.

This is a pretty sad reality, if there are no solutions...
    Welcome to FF XIV
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Ai Hana
    World
    Faerie
    Main Class
    Archer Lv 60
    Quote Originally Posted by DarkLordCthulhu View Post
    ....it seems like you arent putting effort in finding a group/fc. I see ppl recruiting on PF or shout chat all time.

But hey u can always hmu for a sale if u really wanna clear that bad lol
    Blame the victim and then temp them with a sales pitch for a clear..... Bravo!! No shame here, no way jose. Anything for that gil right?
    (9)

Player
    Character
    Etsy Dreamcatcher
    World
    Cactuar
    Main Class
    Marauder Lv 70
    OP, I know exactly how you feel. I have a totally unpredictable, bizarre schedule that literally changes everyday. However, I'm a solid player, I learn fast and, most importantly, I give a shit. I had a brief moment in the sun as a successful and beneficial member of a solid static, in a great FC, and I can tell you: its not any prettier on the other side. All it takes is one dude to be late or, worse, blow off a night and the disintegration begins. 80% of FC chat revolves around replacing so-and-so who just had a baby or what to do about that horrible BLM that stole someones loot. Its all a gamble with 7 different dice. So really, to me, the chances of a good PUG are about the same as finding a good static. At least with a PUG you've got no real commitment! My advice: Chin up. Keep trying. Keep yourself entertained in the meantime.
    (11)
    Last edited by Akubikumo; 10-31-2014 at 07:57 AM.

Player
    Character
    Ifalna Sha'yoko
    World
    Cerberus
    Main Class
    White Mage Lv 90
    Quote Originally Posted by Akubikumo View Post
    I had a brief moment in the sun as a successful and [i]beneficial[i] member of a solid static, in a great FC, and I can tell you: its not any prettier on the other side. All it takes is one dude to be late or, worse, blow off a night and the disintegration begins. 80% of FC chat revolves around replacing so-and-so who just had a baby or what to do about that horrible BLM that stole someones loot.
    This is why I prefer guilds that are together because the people like to play together.
    They might not be as skilled and you might not get cutting edge progress, but there is less drama.

There will always be some drama though. No way to avoid that. :/
    (3)

Player
    Character
    Star Blast
    World
    Malboro
    Main Class
    Arcanist Lv 23
    Why do people keep promoting this idea of hardcore vs casual? Everyone always talks about how they are in fear of the cash shop being a sign of a free to play model, but in all truth waiting forever for que times for extreme primals (that are not fun) that you must complete to move forward or to spend hours forming a party only for people to leave cuz you don't beat the raid in 10 minutes and want to speed run it then have all the players yell at you is just going to make people end their subs and quit. The game will then not be making any money and thus have to resort to all of its new vanity content being cash shop items and move the game to a free to play model or drastic nerfs or changes to the game.

I think some of the self proclaimed "hardcore" players should be concerned for the whole of the player base and not just their little clique or FC of people.
    (6)
    Last edited by Starblast; 10-31-2014 at 07:57 AM.

Page 3 of 39 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 13 ... LastLast