Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    Player
    Character
    Aldoric Firepeak
    World
    Adamantoise
    Main Class
    Scholar Lv 60
    Yeah insults suck, but this game is rated T, and suggestive language is included. I would take it up with the ESRB and getting the rating switched? It may deter you, and others like you, from picking up these types of games if that language offends you.

This is not the first time 'whore' has shown up in the game either. Whoreson is a insult used commonly in Limsa. Yet I have not seen people complain about this.

All in all its just a game don't take it so seriously and have fun!
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Sarynth Midgard
    World
    Excalibur
    Main Class
    Summoner Lv 90
    Quote Originally Posted by MilesSaintboroguh View Post
    Next thing you know, people will get offended from an NPC insulting a Lalafell for being short.
    The shorter the lalafel, the better it fits in the lalafel canon :3
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Razard Baleth
    World
    Odin
    Main Class
    Arcanist Lv 90
    Quote Originally Posted by Sholah View Post
    Are you guys serious? Insults aren't meant to be nice. They are meant to offend, they're supposed to degrade. That's the point. People have insulted women by calling them whores for a long, long, long, long time. Don't be so sensitive, especially when the insult isn't directed toward you, but toward a fictional character.
    Indeed. the classic Shakespeare "Get thee to a Nunnery!" line for example. (In case you're wondering, a Nunnery is Old timey slang for a Brothel)
    (0)

Character
    Miles Saintborough
    World
    Balmung
    Main Class
    White Mage Lv 90
    Quote Originally Posted by Razard View Post
    Indeed. the classic Shakespeare "Get thee to a Nunnery!" line for example. (In case you're wondering, a Nunnery is Old timey slang for a Brothel)
    For some reason, I'm imagining Titan saying that.
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Asny Rak'nys
    World
    Cerberus
    Main Class
    Bard Lv 70
    Frankly I found that bit of the quest sad. She had her dreams and hopes for both her and her sister.
    I do hope we get to see what becomes of her or help her out in some way in the future. Maybe a moggle delivery or helping her start a new life in mor dhona with her sister(maybe both).

Doesn't she herself mention something along the lines of selling herself out during the story? It might have the implied meaning of whoring herself out to get to where she is now.
    (0)

Character
    Miles Saintborough
    World
    Balmung
    Main Class
    White Mage Lv 90
    Quote Originally Posted by ruskie View Post
    Frankly I found that bit of the quest sad. She had her dreams and hopes for both her and her sister.
    I do hope we get to see what becomes of her or help her out in some way in the future. Maybe a moggle delivery or helping her start a new life in mor dhona with her sister(maybe both).

Doesn't she herself mention something along the lines of selling herself out during the story? It might have the implied meaning of whoring herself out to get to where she is now.
    She did mention about selling herself out and i think she quickly cut that sentence short not wanting to talk further.
    (0)

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2