Player
    Character
    Volk Karu
    World
    Ultros
    Main Class
    Marauder Lv 50

Unexpected Error Crashing With AMD Cards Still Prevalent.

Original Problem outlined both here: http://forum.square-enix.com/ffxiv/t...formance-Issue
    And here: http://forum.square-enix.com/ffxiv/t...ps-and-Crashes

Both threads have been marked Resolved. However... Neither threads have had any official response or any real progress outside a temporary fix that degrades image quality. There have been multiple calls to both Square, and AMD to fix this issue, and neither party has even responded to the forums. Not even on the first linked one, which has 15 pages did we get a single response.

Anyways...
    The Issue
    When teleporting to and from an area that is highly populated the game will crash with an unexpected error message. It used to be it would slow down to 1-2 FPS, then crash shortly after.
    However now since the 2.4 patch, the crashes are instant.
    This mainly can be seen when attempting S ranks, or sometimes when going near the Aetheryte in a populated zone.

This issue mostly seems to affect AMD cards. It happened both on my old HD6770, and my newer R9 270. As you can see in the previous forums I linked there are multiple people experiencing this issue, and still to this day.
    (1)

Player
    Character
    Firepower Shinryu
    World
    Leviathan
    Main Class
    Dark Knight Lv 60
    Just had this right now after teleporting out of Limsa lominsa upper decks. TBH I haven't had this problem for a while and the last time was participating in hunts when they was first released so it is clearly related to populations of zones and teleporting.

Using a HD7950 here.
    (1)

Player
    Character
    Kaya Yuuna
    World
    Cerberus
    Main Class
    Archer Lv 70
    Its the driver, nothing for square to fix.

AMD needs to up its game.
    (1)

Player
    Character
    Zibe Aeron
    World
    Behemoth
    Main Class
    Arcanist Lv 50
    This is happening to me ever since 2.4 as well, random crashes and frame drops. It happened when i was fate grinding in aleport and also when going into instances. This is not a new issue although it was fixed for a while during 2.3. My card is a sapphire radeon 7970.
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Kaya Yuuna
    World
    Cerberus
    Main Class
    Archer Lv 70
    Quote Originally Posted by zibe View Post
    This is happening to me ever since 2.4 as well, random crashes and frame drops. It happened when i was fate grinding in aleport and also when going into instances. This is not a new issue although it was fixed for a while during 2.3. My card is a sapphire radeon 7970.
    it was never fixed. its not an issue in the game.

the driver itself is not invalidating textures leading to an excessive consumption of virtual memory.
    (1)

Player
    Character
    Zibe Aeron
    World
    Behemoth
    Main Class
    Arcanist Lv 50
    Quote Originally Posted by Squa11_Leonhart View Post
    it was never fixed. its not an issue in the game.

the driver itself is not invalidating textures leading to an excessive consumption of virtual memory.
    Oh ok, thanks for shedding some light on the issue.
    (0)