Character
    Armel Falzen
    World
    Excalibur
    Main Class
    Archer Lv 50

QARN HM Final Boss - Red Beam Mechanic

Hey guys,

Absolutely love the Qarn HM dungeon, and I've ran it a total of three times now. However, after my third encounter, I came across a mechanic I hadn't seen before in the other runs. The boss will suddenly conjure up a red laser on a random player, and follow them around the room. Eventually, that red laser will give you 4 stacks of the Mummy debuff, and immediately turn you into a mummy. I've tried looking around on the net but can't seem to find a solution. Any ideas on how to take on this mechanic?!
    (0)

2. 10-30-2014 02:15 PM

Player
    Character
    Brielle Beaudonet
    World
    Leviathan
    Main Class
    Marauder Lv 60
    EDIT: Apparently it's not based on whether someone was mummified earlier in the fight, as was my initial observation.

Orig: I've seen this. It happened on a run where nobody got mummified from the sarcophagi, but it did not happen in a fight where I had earlier been mummified. This makes me think it's an attack that's only used if nobody has been mummified yet, as a way to ensure the party has to deal with it at least once.

I couldn't see any way to avoid or break it--from my view as the tank, he aggroed to the healer and repeatedly applied stacks until the healer was mummified. It happen very quickly, and there was no obvious way to intervene, so I don't think you can.
    (0)
    Last edited by BrielleBeaudonet; 10-31-2014 at 06:35 AM.

Player
    Character
    Yoso Carrasco
    World
    Hyperion
    Main Class
    Monk Lv 74
    ^^^
    This is incorrect. It's just something that may be able to happen later in the fight regardless if someone has become a mummy yet or not.

It also does not take you fully to 4 stacks, on our first run it targeted me and brought me to 2 before stopping. I'm assuming damage or some other mechanic stops it. Damage makes the most sense if people claim not seeing it since maybe they are stopping it before it's noticeable.
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Kletian Drowa
    World
    Ultros
    Main Class
    Lancer Lv 50
    I had it happen to me (as the tank) three times. I was the only person to turn into a mummy. Definitely can't outrun or stun it, so I'll try standing still to see if DPS helps.
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Pterois Volitans
    World
    Excalibur
    Main Class
    Gladiator Lv 60
    maybe it is just another means to get you to turn into a mummy... lets say you narrowly escaped the wall but with 2 stacks, now your fine until you get hit with the laser which is gonna finish the job.

was thinking maybe there is a way to swap it to someone else "hot potato" style?
    (0)
    "Try not. Do or do not. There is no try."

Player
    Character
    Kletian Drowa
    World
    Ultros
    Main Class
    Lancer Lv 50
    It's fast, it's zero to 4 in less than 10 seconds.
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Aeonna Calvados
    World
    Ultros
    Main Class
    Reaper Lv 90
    Yeah, I've had this mechanic push me from zero stacks to four. I have no idea what to do about it.
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Ignis Inferne
    World
    Cerberus
    Main Class
    Conjurer Lv 70
    He kept doing this to me if the tank got mummified. It might be random or they might purposely go for the healer like Fenrir in the new dungeon if everyone gets frozen.
    (0)
    Everyday is great at your Junes~
    RECRUITMENT CODE: E2NWQGY9 , 2W48DJNN

Player
    Character
    Nova Dresden
    World
    Cactuar
    Main Class
    Scholar Lv 73
    Had this happen to my group on my first run as SCH. ONLY the tank was targeted each time, and it caused 3 wipes since he goes crazy on each DPS and drops them before the tank comes unmummified (is that even a word?). I never saw it target anyone else and the tank went from 0 to 4 stacks instantly.
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Pikarin Makai
    World
    Twintania
    Main Class
    Conjurer Lv 90
    I think it targets whoever is closest to him which would normally be the tank. He was in his crazy phase so people were dodging around the room and he managed to corner me last time i did it and hit lazer on me. After turned into a mummy ran around then ran into a coffin and got healed in full.....Yeah i don't get it either. I'd love to see what they were smoking when they thought it up. The lazer is like a lasso that latches on to the person so maybe if you damage it enough in time it stops but people tend to have been running around during that last phase because he starts chasing the DPS or the Healer. Doesn't seem much reason for it seen it if people turn into mummies or not.
    (0)

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast