Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 ... LastLast
    Player
    Character
    Synestr Ashbringer
    World
    Behemoth
    Main Class
    Gladiator Lv 60

What are you spending your Poetics on first?

As the title suggests, what will it be. It's a hard decision on my part as I am behind the curve. It will be tough to get rid of some of my soldiery gear, dat shield doe.

If anything it will be Body > Shield > Legs.
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Jon Bigwood
    World
    Odin
    Main Class
    Gladiator Lv 80
    I won't be able to see it until I go back from work, but in my case, maybe the ring if it's good, since I don't have the Noct and the Weathered Noct but the Noct and the ilvl90. I usually start replacing the lowest ilvl items. I planned to get the weathered ring but now I might skip it. Since I have other classes, I bought first the coats and used sands for WHM and BLM ASAP, and the PLD second ring had to wait, coats that would be upgraded with sands looked like a better place to spend soldiery tomes than a second ring.

The coat usually is the one who has best stats, but needs 2 weeks to obtain, if you get a cheaper item you can start profiting from it earlier. Only someone that needs better gear to fulfill the ilvl requirement would really be interested, if not it's not that important really, so the coat might be a better first buy even if you have to wait a bit more to use it.
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Genji Xiii
    World
    Hyperion
    Main Class
    Lancer Lv 90
    The ring is almost a shoe-in for BiS, since you only get one coil ring and one tomestone ring. Unless you want to use crafted rings and meld, which is a good third option.

After that you might consider waiting until you know what drops in which turn. For example, if the helm drops off the final turn, I'd buy the helm with tomestones.
    (0)
    I don't always pug, but when i do, it's with Pretty Ugly Guys

Player
    Character
    Adore Mi
    World
    Jenova
    Main Class
    Dancer Lv 90
    Tried on the healer gear this morning and I absolutely love it. It's gorgeous. Nice combination of stats too; seems to be a nice mix of SCH/WHM stats.

I will be getting body, then boots, then gloves, then legs, then head.
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Sir Taint
    World
    Behemoth
    Main Class
    Alchemist Lv 50
    Always do left side first.

I am going to skip the VIT accessories altogether.

Depending on ACC requirements for final coil and drop locations I'm going:

Body > legs > feet (bis) > head (bis) > belt (bis) > hands

Then STR right side.

Wyrm feet are from t1, not sure on the other slots.

I would only get shield if you can i130 it, i120 is barely better then Ha shield or nexus.
    (4)

Player
    Character
    Lanfear Sessurea
    World
    Odin
    Main Class
    Bard Lv 60
    Bard chest and pants seem terrible, so might go with belt this week and gloves next week? Thinking about a melded 110 chest and pants....
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Iam Groot
    World
    Leviathan
    Main Class
    Warrior Lv 60
    This is for tanks so Bard gear doesn't really apply, but now that you bring it up. The i110 hq melded stuff looks amazing, except not for tanks.

That being because of the terrible Defense rating on it compared to 120 or 130 gear.
    (0)
    Hoarders gonna Horde.

Player
    Character
    Sir Taint
    World
    Behemoth
    Main Class
    Alchemist Lv 50
    Quote Originally Posted by MythToken View Post
    This is for tanks so Bard gear doesn't really apply, but now that you bring it up. The i110 hq melded stuff looks amazing, except not for tanks.

That being because of the terrible Defense rating on it compared to 120 or 130 gear.

Wootz (HQ) has the same Def as HA/Noct gear and only 2 less then Ironworks. (3 for body and legs) Definitely not game changing since Wootz HQ can be used until you get your i120-130 piece. Just capping left side gear takes 8 weeks. Melding it properly seems like the only bad part of Wootz.
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Sabbah Sunblade
    World
    Odin
    Main Class
    Marauder Lv 60
    They've put Parry onto A LOT of the new Poetics gear, which is a shame as its been proven to be such a wasted stat. I've not seen the stats on the Dreadwyrm stuff yet, but hopefully I can continue to chop and change to maximise Det and Crit (Warrior).

But saying that... The chest looks sexy so I'm buying that first, and then probably legs (starting with the two most expensive pieces first), followed by Ring as it will more often than not be BiS.
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Synestr Ashbringer
    World
    Behemoth
    Main Class
    Gladiator Lv 60
    I was thinking body first. But also looking at what fits into my "stat holes" better. I am all 100/110 on left. 3/5 100/110 on right. So to exchange out a piece on right it's gonna need to be some pretty good putty.

I would of course start with the i100 stuff if anything. Ran ST for a while last night and ended up with 5 sands lol. So i can completely unweather an off classes soldiery gear. That was a side bar...yea
    (0)

Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 ... LastLast