Thread: Vanity woe's?

Character
    Ardon Voltaire
    World
    Hyperion
    Main Class
    Conjurer Lv 50

Vanity woe's?

OK I have been thinking about a small problem that has the potential to grow into something bad later on. The problem as I see it comes with the glamour system and unique and untradeable gear. Once we get a set piece that we want, we glamour and put it into storage am I correct? What is going to happen 10 dungeons from now?

Yep, you guessed it. Storage problems! This is going to be a major drawback when it comes to changing our glamour and not wanting to lose access to that glamour. But....I thought of the solution! (or 2) What about glamour templates? Now before I lose you crafters, I'm not talking anything that is craftable. I'm talking alllllll that Allagan gear, Primal Weapons, and dungeon Unique and Untradeable gear.

What if anytime we get a unique and untradeable item, that glamour gets saved to a template that we have access to anytime that we choose? Keeping the same cost with glamour prisms, the first time you glamour a unique and untradeable item it gets added to a template which you can view via a right click > view glamour templates. Now the player (if they aren't using it of course) can desynth or sell to free up unnecessary clutter. I don't see how this could be anything but a good thing!

I understand you might think it will be bad for the duty finder population but people will still do the duty finder to cap tomes or whatever the next currency is. Also, think about all the achievement and collector connoisseurs that will be chasing after completion? Another plus!

I understand I may not know how difficult it would be to implement this, but I hope it would get some consideration as I (and hopefully by the like count) the community think this is a great idea!

My other idea was not thought through thoroughly enous as by the end of me writing this there was already a flaw. Which was it still didn't help the inventory problem.

Please hit the LIKE button if you support this idea!!
    (44)
    Last edited by SinisterIsBack; 10-27-2014 at 08:21 AM.

Player
    Character
    Chen Kotomi
    World
    Adamantoise
    Main Class
    Archer Lv 90
    sounds like something for 3.3
    (1)

Player

I would love that, my retainer is almost full with glamour gear only and my inventory is too cause sometimes I just feel like I want to wear another pair of shoes and I want to have them in my inventory so I can glamour them at once when I decide what I want
    (3)
    http://websta.me/n/kiaraicencroft.ffxiv (Kiaraicencroft.ffxiv@instagram)

Player
    Character
    Cullen Dionysion
    World
    Adamantoise
    Main Class
    Gladiator Lv 70
    I love the vanity system, but I agree, in a game that encourages the playing of multiple jobs on one character, collecting vanity sets for multiple jobs is incredibly difficult/impossible.

I have one retainer completely filled with vanity gear that I will likely have to start getting rid of as storage problems become worse. Anything to assist would be wonderful.
    (1)

Player
    Character
    Gralwyb Waekgohtwyn
    World
    Goblin
    Main Class
    Machinist Lv 90
    I'd like it if we could just have any gear that's been bound to our character, get added to a glamour library. Then if we want to glamour that item, we use respective prism (gotta keep those crafters happy ) and viola.

Afterwards you can do whatever you want with the gear, keep it for nostalgia purposes, trade in unique gear for GC seals, discard, etc.
    (3)

Player

Basically you mean copying Diablo 3's transmogrification visual storage method? In Diablo 3 when craft or find a unique piece of gear it gets added to your transmogrification list of which you then when paying the NPC (in D3's case) to change appearance of piece of gear you can select from that list ones already found and the higher the ilvl on the item the higher the cost (gold and materials) to make it look like it.
    (0)
    Last edited by Snugglebutt; 10-27-2014 at 09:02 AM.

Player
    Character
    Wubrant Drakesbane
    World
    Balmung
    Main Class
    Fisher Lv 90
    No idea when their item guide will come out but it would seem to make sense to bind the library of items collected to that library, just cast or use some sort of imaging dust, cid device, Allagan tool. As the game gets older I can only imagine seeing these threads more often.. so lol SE might as well get around to it.

Just make sure the item becomes bound to you once imaged.
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Gralwyb Waekgohtwyn
    World
    Goblin
    Main Class
    Machinist Lv 90
    Quote Originally Posted by Snugglebutt View Post
    Basically you mean copying Diablo 3's transmogrification visual storage method?
    Dunno, never played Diablo 3, was thinking more of DCUO's vanity system with glamour prisms added in.
    (0)

9. 10-27-2014 09:06 AM

Player
    Character
    Aiden Weaver
    World
    Cactuar
    Main Class
    Arcanist Lv 80
    I would love this, and actually thought of something similar a few days ago. I finally broke down and sold everything that wasn't Unique and untradeable, and yet I still take up an awful large amount of room on both retainers, and I'm not even that determined of an item collector!
    (0)

Character
    Ardon Voltaire
    World
    Hyperion
    Main Class
    Conjurer Lv 50
    Yes my retainer is slowly becoming overfull of unique and untradeable gear..

Quote Originally Posted by Snugglebutt View Post
    Basically you mean copying Diablo 3's transmogrification visual storage method? In Diablo 3 when craft or find a unique piece of gear it gets added to your transmogrification list of which you then when paying the NPC (in D3's case) to change appearance of piece of gear you can select from that list ones already found and the higher the ilvl on the item the higher the cost (gold and materials) to make it look like it.
    In a sense yes, but with nothing craft able. Only Unique and Untradeable
    (0)
    Last edited by SinisterIsBack; 10-27-2014 at 08:05 PM.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast