Player
    Character
    Vanessa Rose
    World
    Gilgamesh
    Main Class
    Bard Lv 72

helping bard with playing Army's Paeon

so this comes up due to the fact that the only time i ever play Army's Paeon is when i get asked unlike with Mage's Ballad and Foe Requiem.

so i just want to know why there is no TP bar displayed in party list when it can obviously be shown (it's displayed for the player but not for the rest of the party) and there are arguably more classes that could use Army's Paeon than there are for Mage's Ballad.

most times i find myself playing Army's Paeon when my party members are at about 200 or 100 TP, when i would rather use it earlier so that thy have less issues later on and i don't end up playing Army's Paeon till i'm out of mana because they forgot to tell me they were good on TP and since i can't see their TP i don't know how much they may have at that moment :\

also was having trouble finding where to put this thread. i read the rules and looked at th forum's uses but i just couldn't figure it out XD.

TL;DR why can't we see TP bars in party list again?
    (2)

Player
    Character
    Cidriel Tausendklingen
    World
    Excalibur
    Main Class
    Warrior Lv 60
    They probably don't have it there since 99.9% of the time it doesn't come up or matter.

I keep waiting for the day that someone asks me to play that song, but such a time has yet to come.
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Hulvein Wyrmblood
    World
    Cerberus
    Main Class
    Dragoon Lv 80
    It was mentioned in the London Fan Fest.

They are looking into ways to do this, but they currently do not want so much bars on the UI. So I would expect it around 3.0, if at al.
    (1)

Player
    Character
    Aren Specter
    World
    Sargatanas
    Main Class
    Dark Knight Lv 90
    I think it might be a good idea for the display to show mana or tp depending on class... Like for tanks and melee it could show tp, for healers and casters it shows mana. The only problem would be to show mana or to for bard. I'm not sure why I'd ever need to see a monks mana... So its basically showing worthless information.
    (4)

Player
    Character
    Vanessa Rose
    World
    Gilgamesh
    Main Class
    Bard Lv 72
    Quote Originally Posted by Dotsusama View Post
    They probably don't have it there since 99.9% of the time it doesn't come up or matter.

I keep waiting for the day that someone asks me to play that song, but such a time has yet to come.
    you need more monk friends XD i get asked about TP song so many times in coil :P
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Chris Box
    World
    Diabolos
    Main Class
    Archer Lv 50
    Tell them to go shove it unless its t8, thats the only fight ever where you're supposed to paeon. You should be jamming foes requiem at all times.

However I do agree since new content is coming soon, seeing party TP bars would be nice. Why haven't we gotten an official response on that? Or did I miss it somewhere on the forums?
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Rinchan Nau
    World
    Gilgamesh
    Main Class
    Archer Lv 70
    Even in t8 there's no reason to paeon. Unless perhaps you are running all melee + a BRD. Foe's does more for raid damage and without reducing your own.
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Viva Diva
    World
    Gilgamesh
    Main Class
    Scholar Lv 60
    I play it if the tank is mass pulling for aoe and there is no caster.
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Aldoric Firepeak
    World
    Adamantoise
    Main Class
    Scholar Lv 60
    I was doing a dungeon yesterday and the BRD kept singing A.P. with PLD/SCH/BLM/BRD setup instead of Foes. It was awful....
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Vanessa Rose
    World
    Gilgamesh
    Main Class
    Bard Lv 72
    Quote Originally Posted by Chrisbox View Post
    Tell them to go shove it unless its t8, thats the only fight ever where you're supposed to paeon. You should be jamming foes requiem at all times.
    meanwhile my healers are running out of mana and i have no mana to play Mage's because i've been using foes the whole time :P
    learning when you need foes and when to saving mana is part of our job, just because we can increase blm/smn dps doesn't mean letting our melee dps who are becoming starved thus unable to use abilities is a good idea.

part of our job is to manage the different songs in order to help maximize party output while not lowering yours too much. since normally we'll be checking the MP bars anyway being able to look at TP bars is also important. having to battle voice Paeon because your melee are sitting at 100 TP seems like a huge waste that could have been saved by using it when they were at 300 TP and bring them up to about 500 so that you can save that battle voice for other songs
    (3)

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast