Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 ... LastLast
    Character
    Coraline Prideaux
    World
    Excalibur
    Main Class
    Archer Lv 70

Forced Level Sync (inb4 vote abandon)

I get they're attempting to keep old content fun, but honestly that's lazy and a bad idea. I know many many players who do terrible dps at i100-110, you seriously think I want to fight dps check fights in haukke manor with them synced at whatever ilvl you have planned? Also I know a lot of people who enjoy entering old content to see how fast they can burn things. this only premotes failed parties and the idea that doing those dungeons is not for fun but for quests or animus books, I know the majority of duty Finder parties for those particular instances getting synced are usually low skill as it is, removing their only way to carry them (their gear) is just going to result in arguing, people kicking, vote abandoning, etc.

I get some people love the challenge this will present, but I have no idea why you're doing those dungeons for fun.
    (5)
    Last edited by GalaxyGirl; 10-25-2014 at 08:15 AM.

Player
    Character
    Moqi Ribam
    World
    Moogle
    Main Class
    Conjurer Lv 50
    It's synched at 110. You'll be fine.
    (27)

Character
    Coraline Prideaux
    World
    Excalibur
    Main Class
    Archer Lv 70
    I didn't see it say sync at ilvl 110
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Mon'sae Crux
    World
    Lich
    Main Class
    Dark Knight Lv 60
    If player can't do a ***t in ilvl 110, even unsynced ilvl 150 won't help him.

If I were able to choose, I would've synced everyone in 4-man dungeons at +10-15 lvls from minimum.
    (6)

Character
    Coraline Prideaux
    World
    Excalibur
    Main Class
    Archer Lv 70
    Quote Originally Posted by Metabug View Post

If I were able to choose, I would've synced everyone in 4-man dungeons at +10-15 lvls from minimum.
    Hey I don't choose who plays in duty finder
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Fara Venator
    World
    Coeurl
    Main Class
    Thaumaturge Lv 60
    Quote Originally Posted by Metabug View Post

Considering better gear increase the damage your skills does aswell as increasing your health. Yes it will
    Also screw item and level sync. This shit is so useless. If you want to make your content challenging then make the fight mechanic challenging. don't make it a gear check. If i wanted a brainless gearcheck i would play diablo 3
    (1)

Player
    Character
    Moqi Ribam
    World
    Moogle
    Main Class
    Conjurer Lv 50
    Quote Originally Posted by GalaxyGirl View Post
    I didn't see it say sync at ilvl 110
    (22)

Player
    Character
    Zetsumei Tsunarashi
    World
    Sargatanas
    Main Class
    Summoner Lv 80
    Yeah they're basically just doing it because if they didn't, eventually it would get to the point where you could just one shot bosses. And if that's the case, you might as well just remove the dungeon from the game.

Tbh though, the fact that they even need to put an item level limit is just a testament to how fast gear is replaced in this game. Normally a regular level cap would be fine, like there is for the lower dungeons, but since we're still only level 50 that's no longer an option, and frankly our gear is way overpowered for level 50 enemies. In other words, if the gear progression was a little slower, item level 120+ gear might have a level 60 requirement on it.
    (2)

Player
    Character
    Fara Venator
    World
    Coeurl
    Main Class
    Thaumaturge Lv 60
    Quote Originally Posted by Zetsumei_Tsunarashi View Post
    Yeah they're basically just doing it because if they didn't, eventually it would get to the point where you could just one shot bosses. And if that's the case, you might as well just remove the dungeon from the game.

Tbh though, the fact that they even need to put an item level limit is just a testament to how fast gear is replaced in this game. Normally a regular level cap would be fine, like there is for the lower dungeons, but since we're still only level 50 that's no longer an option, and frankly our gear is way overpowered for level 50 enemies. In other words, if the gear progression was a little slower, item level 120+ gear might have a level 60 requirement on it.
    You serious? in a year, overall dps increase by about 40% and hp 25%
    Gear progression is there to make us feel stronger because we fight stronger enemies. If i get desync'd everytime i do lower lvl content then there's no point in even having gear progression in the first place
    (3)

Player
    Character
    Chen Kotomi
    World
    Adamantoise
    Main Class
    Archer Lv 70
    Quote Originally Posted by hallena View Post
    You serious? in a year, overall dps increase by about 40% and hp 25%
    Gear progression is there to make us feel stronger because we fight stronger enemies. If i get desync'd everytime i do lower lvl content then there's no point in even having gear progression in the first place
    i110 is twice the iLevel required for the easiest dungeon that syncs to it. Add to that everyone was able to clear these dungeons with no problems (even speedrunning them) before when the max iLevel you could achieve was 110.
    It's a preventive measure for when they add future dungeons and armor sets to prevent people from basically soloing the dungeons.
    They will literally not be any harder or easier than they are at this very moment.
    (5)

Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 ... LastLast