Personally I miss the days of being able to farm among efts as long as I watched my step and didn't move around them.
I miss when crabs would raise their claws at you if you came too close before attacking.
I miss when Deer would flee in my pressense.
Yes I also miss "Curious" monsters to an extent.
Personally I think SE removing these unique features "And who knows what else" from some monsters was a very bad move. I hereby declare this post to be a petition for Mob AI to be put back into the game, and for more monsters to have unique quirks.
Feel free to post what AI you know of, and what you think some awesome ideas would be, or great ways to tweak the system.
Known AI "Quirks"
What do you guys think? I personally wish efts were the way they used to be, it's sad to see them just flat out agro now.
- Funguar wont use Queasy cloud, or (not sure on name) Mushroom whip if you don't attack them when they inflate or deflate.
- Mice mobs tend to flee after you weaponskill and cower for a few moments
- Red crabs "Used to" Raise their claws instead of flat out agroing until you got closer to them
- Drakes will warn you before they agro
- Efts "Used to" Become "Aware" of your presense via sound, and if you stopped moving during this phase where they appeared to be listening for you...you could avoid agro!
- Many mobs used to follow you around Monkies, and Aldgoats being a prime example.
- Deer and Quqirn would run away from you.
As for the "Curious" monster I do think they need to have a short follow radius, only do so for a short time, and perhaps flee when you enter battle mode. "Not sure of many goats who would be curious about me after I started swinging"
French post: Here