Player
    Character
    Jakz Kumaze
    World
    Louisoix
    Main Class
    Pugilist Lv 64
    Quote Originally Posted by Tex_Mex View Post
    Tough to say for sure. It does look like ninja dps will be very sustained. There are not a lot of huge buffs like blood for blood 30% that would cause it to be as bursty as dragoon. From an armor and balance perspective, i would expect ninja and monk to be very similar in terms of ST DPS. Both will be medium armor type and melee. The other deal is that we don't know what the passives are going to look like yet. They could completely change all of this
    Damn I forgot about BfB and IR, are these best use before SATA, or in a combo?

And is it even viable to open a fight in hide for TA, or will the slow movement speed cause you to lose dps, added to that will hide count your party in combat or just you?

I just can't wait to start messing about with it, i can see my cross hot bars ending up like scholar using macros to cycle through different sets, in this case to macro the ninjutsu to set changes as opposed to wait macros.
    (1)

Player
    Character
    J'kenrir Yojhi
    World
    Balmung
    Main Class
    Gunbreaker Lv 80
    Also, with recast times on mudras (60 sec) and mudra reset (180?) It will be tough to manage the increased att speed buff and casting Dps mudras. (I would like to believe we would need to maximize mudra dps casts to be as effective a nin as possible on top of att speed bonus). I think good mudra usage will be the defining point of a good nin.
    (1)

Player
    Character
    Tex Mex
    World
    Sargatanas
    Main Class
    Dark Knight Lv 90
    Quote Originally Posted by JakzChurchill View Post
    Damn I forgot about BfB and IR, are these best use before SATA, or in a combo?

And is it even viable to open a fight in hide for TA, or will the slow movement speed cause you to lose dps, added to that will hide count your party in combat or just you?

I just can't wait to start messing about with it, i can see my cross hot bars ending up like scholar using macros to cycle through different sets, in this case to macro the ninjutsu to set changes as opposed to wait macros.
    haha so many questions and we don't seem to have any answers yet. Another one I have is if combat is exited during a phase of coil (when bosses are untargetable) will ninjas be able to reenter stealth and then get a stealth opener off? If so, they could have a slight advantage in fights that have combat drop sections, which is pretty cool considering no other classes reall have this! I am ready to start doing some testing too!
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Tex Mex
    World
    Sargatanas
    Main Class
    Dark Knight Lv 90
    Quote Originally Posted by Leonus View Post
    Also, with recast times on mudras (60 sec) and mudra reset (180?) It will be tough to manage the increased att speed buff and casting Dps mudras. (I would like to believe we would need to maximize mudra dps casts to be as effective a nin as possible on top of att speed bonus). I think good mudra usage will be the defining point of a good nin.
    Time will tell it seems, but I am always in favor of classes that have high skill ceilings!
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Steady Styrmdraga
    World
    Faerie
    Main Class
    Warrior Lv 90
    Well, I think it's likely that some duration of abilities will increase and change as part of the class buff. I think Shadow Fang will likely be a longer duration than 18s at level 50, and until we know the timing, the only thing we can really be sure of is...

Is Storm's Path/Dancing Edge Debuff about to fall off? If Not Put it on.
    Is Mutilate about to fall off? If not, put it on.
    Is Shadow Fang about to fall off? If not, Put it on.
    If above is all on, use Aeolian Edge Combo.
    (3)

Player
    Character
    Kuroyasha Tenshi
    World
    Gilgamesh
    Main Class
    Ninja Lv 70
    Quote Originally Posted by Steady View Post
    Well, I think it's likely that some duration of abilities will increase and change as part of the class buff. I think Shadow Fang will likely be a longer duration than 18s at level 50, and until we know the timing, the only thing we can really be sure of is...

pretty much what i was thinking. Just gotta mix in the right mudras. Im anxious to try out aoe for speed runs with that Katon! Maybe alternate with doton? The reqs for each mudra escape my mind at the moment. So much newness! xD
    (1)

Player
    Character
    Alec Temet
    World
    Midgardsormr
    Main Class
    Arcanist Lv 70

That's more the ROG flowchart than the NIN flowchart though. NIN will also have to manage Futon, Doton, and Suiton buffs/debuffs in addition to those things. I suspect Kassatsu timing is going to be fairly critical and likely a point of debate for months.
    (1)

Player
    Character
    Tex Mex
    World
    Sargatanas
    Main Class
    Dark Knight Lv 90

hehe it is funny just how simple class mechanics tend to be in this game. One thing I did find myself wondering was why they would give both ninja and warrior a slashing debuff mechanic. The optimal rotation for NIN will change by quite a bit (leaving out Dancing Edge Combo almost entirely) if a warrior is in the party. I think I wouldve rather seen a self damage increase buff of 5-10% as the effect of Dancing Edge. That way the class would get a cool class benefit for having both NIN and WAR, like BRD gets a benefit from disembowel when a DRG is in the party. Though maybe this would lead to the class being OP when a warrior is present.
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Eldarion Telcontar
    World
    Leviathan
    Main Class
    Conjurer Lv 50
    just checking NIN also has a 300 TP refreshing skill....if it can cross skills with DGN = 700tp restored...that's huge if you bleed TP like a DGN/MNK does
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Blueballd Ninja
    World
    Gilgamesh
    Main Class
    Arcanist Lv 70
    It's not gc speed decreased, it's auto attack speed increased 15%. Not sure how you missed that.
    (0)

Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast