Player
    Character
    Alexandra Sapphora
    World
    Ragnarok
    Main Class
    Ninja Lv 90

Black Mage AoE Needs a Nerf and Everyone Else a Buff

I play both a BLM (ilvl 103) and MNK (ilvl 93 penta meld gear), and frankly the difference in AoE damage is completely broken, and has been for way too long.

This hurts other dps jobs/classes for example when trying to get a spot Spiritbonding, DD first room farming, speed running dungeons, or any boss fight that requires heavy AoE.

BLM will always be picked first before MNK/DRG/SMN/BRD, because it's the logical thing to do, and no matter how well you play your class you simply do not stand a chance to even remotely compete with BLM AoE wise.

In the long run it simply lowers the fun for everyone else when one class has complete monopoly on AoE damage in the game, with NO competition. If that AoE came at heavy price to single target dps I might be more understanding, but BLM also has very reliable high damage single target sustain with no resource limitation ontop of having the lowest ramp up time of all dps classes.

That is simply not balanced or fair class design.

TL;DR: Please SE, give other dps jobs/classes at least 80% of the AoE potential that BLM has. It's perfectly fine if BLM stays the strongest AoE class overall, but not to the ridiculous extend to which it is now.

Thanks for taking your time to read my rant.
    (2)
    Last edited by Kalamari; 10-24-2014 at 01:00 PM.

Player
    Character
    Stouter Taru
    World
    Exodus
    Main Class
    Thaumaturge Lv 90
    I didn't realize people farmed first room of DD apart from a tiny portion of leveling up to 50, speed run dungeons since they added hunts, or did any boss fights with heavy AoE required. For spiritbonding in the open world, WHM > BLM; their AoE is insane and it stuns.

BLM AoE is only overpowered in the dungeons, which give no end game gear directly.
    (5)

Player
    Character
    Kuroyasha Tenshi
    World
    Gilgamesh
    Main Class
    Ninja Lv 70
    No.
    /10char
    (14)

Player
    Character
    Alexandra Sapphora
    World
    Ragnarok
    Main Class
    Ninja Lv 90
    Quote Originally Posted by Kuroyasha View Post
    No.
    /10char
    Bee-cause.. comon you can do it.
    (0)

Character
    Straigus Rheyist
    World
    Jenova
    Main Class
    Pugilist Lv 81
    Explain how you aoe with MNK and BLM.
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Monkey Nutz
    World
    Behemoth
    Main Class
    Pugilist Lv 60
    Being someone that plays MNK and BLM, I kind of have to agree. If it weren't for the fact that I started on MNK, and as such am working on my MNK's Nexus rather than my BLM's I would almost only play BLM, not because I like it more necessarily, but because it's better at pretty much everything. Better survivability, better area damage, good single target damage, and it's harder to screw up (though I suppose BLM can screw up worse than most jobs and end up useless for a while). MNK area damage is pathetic. Every 45 seconds we can do a move that's a bit stronger than fire 2, which BLM can do all day, but don't because Flare is so much better.
    (3)

Character
    Straigus Rheyist
    World
    Jenova
    Main Class
    Pugilist Lv 81
    I'm curious to find out what this aoe mnk has that's on a 45s cd.
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Xisin Skyblazer
    World
    Sargatanas
    Main Class
    Thaumaturge Lv 70
    you do realize monks can top 530 dps on a sustained fight as opposed to at tops a blms 500? this includes aoeing 2 targets on convert. Howling fist when used intelligently does add quite a bit to overall dps.

spiritbonding is not something that should be looked at when balancing... do you want whms nerfed too cause they out aoe you on sustained aoe?

Sorry man but monk at this point is the op dps, nothing else really holds a feather to it they beat every dps outright in every turn of the current coil. Monks are able to hit 500+ dps in turns 6 and 8 and topping the charts in 7. The only fight that they arent superior in is t9. This includes savage turns too.

edit: I just looked at your fight clearances, I don"t think you are really qualified to discuss balance when you don"t have a solid understanding of every encounter in the game... Sorry. Balance will never (and should never) be done towards mid-level / mid game (which is 4 man content/spiritbondng) Your proposed changes would royally screw blm in endgame.
    (8)
    Last edited by Xisin; 10-24-2014 at 03:01 PM.

Player
    Character
    Alexandra Sapphora
    World
    Ragnarok
    Main Class
    Ninja Lv 90
    Quote Originally Posted by Houston009 View Post
    Explain how you aoe with MNK and BLM.
    This isn't a MNK help thread but always happy to help a fellow MNK step up his game.

MNK:
    2-3 high health targets - spread Demo, Touch (and Fracture if your TP allows it) while keeping Dragon Kick up on each of them. Howling Fist on cooldown.
    2-x weak adds: Rockbreaker cleave, if urgent pop IR+BfB+potion -> Perfect Balance RB spam, ideally get Twins up before popping cooldowns. Once PB ends get Twins back up and resume RB rotation, replacing Boot/Dragon with Hand at 5 or more weak targets if your TP allows it.

BLM: Put nose on Fire III, (Raging Blows), Fire II until almost oom, put nose on Flare, (put nose on Conversion, Swiftcast nose, nose Flare), nose Transpose, nose Blizzard II x2 repeat from Fire III without bracketed part.

You are welcome.
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Alexandra Sapphora
    World
    Ragnarok
    Main Class
    Ninja Lv 90
    Quote Originally Posted by Xisin View Post
    you do realize monks can top 530 dps on a sustained fight as opposed to at tops a blms 500? this includes aoeing 2 targets on convert. Howling fist when used intelligently does add quite a bit to overall dps.

spiritbonding is not something that should be looked at when balancing... do you want whms nerfed too cause they out aoe you on sustained aoe?

Sorry man but monk at this point is the op dps, nothing else really holds a feather to it they beat every dps outright in every turn of the current coil. Monks are able to hit 500+ dps in turns 6 and 8 and topping the charts in 7. The only fight that they arent superior in is t9. This includes savage turns too.
    My gripe is not about single target dps as you can tell from the title. Also I would happily give up that ~6% theoretical ST dps to have more than double of MNKs current piss poor AoE.
    (0)
    Last edited by Kalamari; 10-24-2014 at 03:05 PM.

Page 1 of 8 1 2 3 ... LastLast